Coral Vue Hydros

Any Experience with LT SL A001's?

CCXGT

So I've finally had it with my current LED fixture.

I mean.. Look at it: 6BC5FE5C-7BE2-45D6-A43C-509B08DF1160_zps

IT'S HUGE!

This is a MarsAqua 165w Full Spectrum LED Fixture and it's the biggest mistake I've made so far.

It is FAR too big, it is MUCH too powerful, it lacks MANY options and it's a pain to mount over my tiny tank.

Don't get me wrong, it's a fine fixture, just not a nano fixture.

Now, I need something sleek and sexy with dozens of options, a timer and proper moonlighting.

I've come to find 2 fixtures, the Maxspect Razor Nano (much more expensive and worse in my opinion) and the LT SL 9001-30.

I just need someone to push me over the edge so I can throw the cash down.

PLEASE HELP ME

There is a radion fixture that comes with the mounting arm up for sale right here on this forum. Would work pretty well. The ai prime is coming out soon too I think. I have seen a lot of people with the razor line and get good results. Haven't even heard of the other fixture. Oh, and of course there are kessils but they don't have much control on their own.

I've had the SL-A001-90 over my tank for 8 months or so. I am very happy with it. My only dislikes are a few design things (my plug comes out the top, and the hanging connections are brass instead of stainless) I've heard they've fixed both of these in the 2nd or 3rd version of this light.

It is very big and heavy though. Something you seem to be wanting to get away from.

BFUm2Sp.jpg

• Like 2

I've had the SL-A001-90 over my tank for 8 months or so. I am very happy with it. My only dislikes are a few design things (my plug comes out the top, and the hanging connections are brass instead of stainless) I've heard they've fixed both of these in the 2nd or 3rd version of this light.

It is very big and heavy though. Something you seem to be wanting to get away from.

BFUm2Sp.jpg

Is the A002 an updated model? I'm not too clear on that..

It doesn't look that big to me, I'd just prefer a more sleek look, and a mounting kit that actually fits.

Is the A002 an updated model? I'm not too clear on that..

It doesn't look that big to me, I'd just prefer a more sleek look, and a mounting kit that actually fits.

The A002 is a completely different light

SL_A002_30_Dimmable_full_apectrum_4500k.

Jabeuy has the newer version of the A001 I would just ask to see which one you'd be getting

2tCzjo2h.jpg

His cord comes out the side and has stainless steel hanging screws. His however has glossy fans. On my fixture you can't see them as they are mounted below the top grill.

The A002 is a completely different light

SL_A002_30_Dimmable_full_apectrum_4500k.

Jabeuy has the newer version of the A001 I would just ask to see which one you'd be getting

2tCzjo2h.jpg

His cord comes out the side and has stainless steel hanging screws. His however has glossy fans. On my fixture you can't see them as they are mounted below the top grill.

Ahh right.

The one I've been looking at has the top mounted power cord.

This would be the older model if I'm not mistaken..

• 4 years later...