SaltCritters.com

bahamas!

Davidd

I'm going to the bahamas in 2 days! I can't wait to see some awsome reefs in some of the clearest waters in the carribean! Isn't that great?!

I'm going to the out islands... long island style. I've been snorkeling a bunch of times, but I'm going to take my first scuba lesson there. But mostly snorkeling is what we'll be doing. I'm staying at the stella maris.

I spent a summer doing "population studies" on Andros island. (I snorkeled, dove and counted fish). Best summer I've ever had.

Get good fins and don't eat eggs before you dive.

Get a disposible underwater camera, they can take decent pictures on a sunny day. Share the pictures when you get back!

Have a great trip.

yeah. I got a disposible camera already. And I've got some fins. Andros is like, the bonefishing capital of the world... I'll be doing some bonefishing too. sweet. thanks.

have fun. i'll be in Jamaica at the end of next month. Just got a waterproof housing for my Canon A70, so I should have a lot of pics.

to bad your not certified yet. There are some AMAZING wrecks, deep reefs and wall dives down there.

I stayed at the marina right near ourlukia(sp?) and saw all sorts of stuff off the beach snorking(jellies, rays, baracuda, puffers, tangs you name it)

and if you can do it there is a place where they used to feed sharks but dont anymore, its just a normal dive so its not extra $$ and there are LOOOTS of sharks there.

yeah... there's one of those US SCUBA places right by my house, with a big poool and everything... I've always meant to take some lessons one day, but I never got around to it...

• 2 weeks later...

oh it was awsome. lots of sps coral. and relaxing too. hydrohoki, That very well may have been the best week of my life. EVER. Wouldn't really want to live there though... it'd get boring after afew months... Oh yeah... I have gotten the pictures developed yet. Soon though.

Archived