Innovative Marine Aquariums

Bad Hombre Cantina (yes I have a fish tank)

Sancho

17 minutes ago, msparklym13 said:

I know that plug... Reefer's Garage!!! thanks so much for introducing me - Dang they have an awesome selection but wow it is a random location. Driving up it was an actual garage and I was thinking I might be checking out a dealer to purchase for alllll the habits ahahahahah  They were definitely dubious of me upon my first visit but I think I am growing on them :-)))))))))  Or maybe I just kid myself.  Hope your little one is doing ok!! 

Luis is awesome. You wont find a better place for livestock. His prices are always very fair and he actually takes care of his stock. I stopped by Tri City the other day and every tank and frag was covered in bryopsis and GHA wasn't impressed 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Sancho said:

Luis is awesome. You wont find a better place for livestock. His prices are always very fair and he actually takes care of his stock. I stopped by Tri City the other day and every tank and frag was covered in bryopsis and GHA wasn't impressed 

OMG what was that?? I went in a few weeks ago planning to get a new Frogspawn. Everything was covered in black hair.  I was confused because I had never seen anything like it... my gut knew better and I went home and researched. Not sure what is going on at that shop.

Re. Reeferes Garage: I believe it is his fiance- she is so nice to me! Like I said at first I think they thought I stumbled upon them but when we started talking she knew I was legit.  She was phenomenal and knows so much about fish! Luis has been really busy every time I have been (3 times in the last month) but she has been great! Thanks again for the great recommendation!

RIP Sebastian
33 minutes ago, Sancho said:

Closing the Bad Hombre Cantina since Lawn opened his lounge again.....This is going back to my tank thread......."Sancho's Racist Pico 20" does not roll off the tongue looking for a new name :lol: Since the folks in the dark part of this forum that no longer have a tank have deemed me a racist.....even though my wife is "African American" I must be a racist cause my screen name is Sancho. Douche bags,  all the racism i've seen on this forum has been in the makeshift lounge. Yeah GFY

Not a racist in my eyes. :) Now to think of a name.....

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Sancho said:

Closing the Bad Hombre Cantina since Lawn opened his lounge again.....This is going back to my tank thread......."Sancho's Racist Pico 20" does not roll off the tongue looking for a new name :lol: Since the folks in the dark part of this forum that no longer have a tank have deemed me a racist.....even though my wife is "African American" I must be a racist cause my screen name is Sancho. Douche bags,  all the racism i've seen on this forum has been in the makeshift lounge. Yeah GFY

.......but you only married her for dat azz.

Racist.

• Like 7
1 minute ago, teenyreef said:

:lol: Oh Sancho, you bad bad boy...

Racist.

........and.....wtf?  Why does Sancho get all the attention?  I mean, look at my ####ing avatar!!  I'm wearing a Sombrero for crying out loud!!

It's always....Sancho, Sancho, Sancho....

• Like 12
1 minute ago, jack1978 said:

........and.....wtf?  Why does Sancho get all the attention?  I mean, look at my ####ing avatar!!  I'm wearing a Sombrero for crying out loud!!

It's always....Sancho, Sancho, Sancho....

I know, you just don't get any love ever since you ate poor Pickles ;)

• Like 5
10 hours ago, teenyreef said:

How ironic that the Amazon guy is UPS challenged :lol:

Harold, you're a good guy for treating your friends right with super cheap SPS B)

Im secretly sending my minion corals all over the United States. They will be activated in the indefinite future to take over the country! 

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Sancho said:

Screw that,  I say double down and call it something like Sancho's Tacos and Black Chicks.              ..... just riffing here. :happy:

• Like 8
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

Screw that,  I say double down and call it something like Sancho's Tacos and Black Chicks.              ..... just riffing here. :happy:

LOL....you are a keeper!

• Like 7

I don't care what the name of this thread is, I'm not subscribed for the name?   I'm just here for the tank pics??

Seriously though , F the tankless twerps,  They don't know you, you are good people!

• Like 4
20 hours ago, Sancho said:

in no hurry next week sounds good. I will PM you my number but I warn you anything you send me will be topped...just ask Spectra :lol:

Yooo hoooo

• Like 1

Somehow I scratched the outside of the tank <_< it seems a tiny piece of sand was embedded in the soft side of the tunze care. I've buffed out scratches before using different compounds. Just wondering if anyone has some other methods that work. Toothpaste seems to come up on the google machine 

• Like 1

Well that sucks :(

Toothpaste is basically a variation on rubbing/polishing compounds you would use on your car for the same purpose. You start with the least abrasive, like toothpaste, and work your way down until you find something that works. Then you work your way back up polishing out the scratches made by the previous abrasive until it's shiny and new again. Depending on the scratch, polishing or rubbing compound may not be enough, in which case you need to go with wet sanding with something like 1200 or 2000 grit sandpaper.

If it takes anything other than toothpaste, your in for a lot of elbow grease. Or go with power tools :haha:

I've done all that on cars and on glass. Or you can do what I do, just live with it because it's too much work to fix :D

• Like 2

Came home to red slime today :angry: I am really starting to hate this stupid expensive hobby :lol:

On 2/20/2017 at 6:24 PM, Christopher Marks said:

I've always used Novus Plastic Polish, but that's probably what you've used in the past: https://www.amazon.com/NOVUS-7100-Plastic-Polish-Kit/dp/B002UCYRZU/ 

Works on glass? Ive used it on acrylic and head light lenses. Last time I removed scratches from a glass tank I used several different grit compounds and a drill with a buffing wheel . That was a lot of work. I thought that by 2017 someone would have come up with something that requires less work.

Oh and thanks for the amazon link keeps me employed :)

• Like 3

Wow!  Did the little one help feed the fish while daddy was working late?  That's an impressive bloom in 48 hrs ??

You got some work to do☹️

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, shaneandjohn said:

Wow!  Did the little one help feed the fish while daddy was working late?  That's an impressive bloom in 48 hrs ??

You got some work to do☹️

:lol: he might even find aqua man somewhere in there...........

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Damn, that sucks man :( 

Bust out the test kit?

Nope..no real need to test..been there done that with this crap makin water now, dosed the chemiclean, red slimy shit shouldl be eradicated in the next couple days 

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Stoped doing weekly water changes and cyano is gone! <_< water params are all in check I'm rolling with it maybe monthly water changes. 

Came home last night scrapped the glass filled the RO reservoir fed the tank. All the fish were accounted for. 30 mins later the six line just vanished  :huh: gone can't find it anywhere no fish jerky on the floor, not in the rear AIO, not in the filter sock there's like 5 pieces of rock all were removed and no sign of the fish in the sand bed. I'm thinking one of the nems reached out and got it. Stupid fish thought it was a clown fish it was always hanging out with the clowns the three of them seemed to get along never seen any aggression however the wrasse always seemed to hang out too close to the nems. Stuck my finger in the nem....no fish body...puzzled and bummed that was the only six line I've owned that wasn't a complete ass hat

• Like 2

Good to hear on the slime......

Weird to hear about the fish. I had a goby that way and not sure what happened to it either.....

• Like 1