ReefCleaners.org

Bad Hombre Cantina (yes I have a fish tank)

Sancho

My Tunze power adapter took a shit. Contacted Tunze. Reply came from Roger. Told me to buy one off of Amazon.

I think Roger's job is to make the warranty process such a hassle people just say #### it and buy new shizz.

• Like 2

I think Roger's job is to make the warranty process such a hassle people just say #### it and buy new shizz.

Bingo. Not even worth putting up with his retarded ass. Bought a new one.

Gets here Thursday.

Whatadick.

So this last month the sunlight has shifted. In the past I have always made sure that my the curtain was closed on the large sliding glass door across from the tank this time of year. Well my 2 year old likes the sunlight and keeps opening the curtain . Apparently the Yumas dont appreciate be blasted with natural sunlight all day. They are bleaching and I have lost a bunch of them. :( Told the wife to keep the curtain closed lowered my LED settings. Hopefully they bounce back. Thinking about taking this tank to the office and replacing it with a NUVO 20.

• Like 2

So this last month the sunlight has shifted. In the past I have always made sure that my the curtain was closed on the large sliding glass door across from the tank this time of year. Well my 2 year old likes the sunlight and keeps opening the curtain . Apparently the Yumas dont appreciate be blasted with natural sunlight all day. They are bleaching and I have lost a bunch of them. :( Told the wife to keep the curtain closed lowered my LED settings. Hopefully they bounce back. Thinking about taking this tank to the office and replacing it with a NUVO 20.

Or paper the side the Yumas are on to prevent more sunlight in the morning.I used to do that to help a Christmas favia I had from bleaching when the morning light hit.

Or paper the side the Yumas are on to prevent more sunlight in the morning.I used to do that to help a Christmas favia I had from bleaching when the morning light hit.

+1

I did this for one of my tanks for a bit until I got the lighting situation fixed.

Btw Sancho, you coming to the SDMAS meeting tomorrow?

Its a tiny tank I would have to cover it the whole thing. Unfortunately its not just the morning sun. Its all the sunlight after noon till sunset. The kids got a lecture from me on keeping the curtain closed. :lol: came home today and the curtain is open <_< Tank looks terrible. Might have to spend some cash on nice wood shutters for that window.

+1

I did this for one of my tanks for a bit until I got the lighting situation fixed.

Btw Sancho, you coming to the SDMAS meeting tomorrow?

Yeah I should be there. Will is gonna open the store and have a pre meeting sale. :D Hopefully he does us right. I usually cant afford the candy he sells.

Is that AquaSD? Good stuffs.

Yes it is. I guess his brother owns a karaoke place or something like that next to Aqua SD. They are having our local clubs monthly meeting there tomorrow. Should be a good meeting.

• Like 2

Its this time of year my house faces west. During the winter the sunlight normally does not come directly through that window. I have always just made sure the curtain is shut. My 2 year old son likes to pull the curtain open. Not too worried about it. The tank will bounce back.

• Like 2

Yes it is. I guess his brother owns a karaoke place or something like that next to Aqua SD. They are having our local clubs monthly meeting there tomorrow. Should be a good meeting.

Lucky ######............................ :P I just don't want to hear you sing :lol:

Be interesting to see what fire they bring to MACNA. And I would have liked to visit their facility too.

I'd like to go to the meet but the time is horrible for my schedule, I'd have to show up dirty/stinky in the work clothes and swing by and grab my kids and tote them along w/ me.

Need to meet more reefers, figuring things out on my own is expensive :).

Hope your tank bounces back Sancho

I'd like to go to the meet but the time is horrible for my schedule, I'd have to show up dirty/stinky in the work clothes and swing by and grab my kids and tote them along w/ me.

Need to meet more reefers, figuring things out on my own is expensive :).

Hope your tank bounces back Sancho

bring the kids I know a couple guys that are bringing the kids along. I used to go to these meetings after working a 24 hour shift driving a tow truck. Never had time to change I would show up in my dirty ass tow truck uniform no one cares. This should be a good meeting.
righttirefire

I believe it was amazon sancho... I'll look back through my history.

It was amazon delivered Nov 25th... what's the next step

• 2 months later...

I lost all but 3 yumas due to the mass bleaching event. :( The orange ones didnt lose the color. But everything else in the tank turned white and melted away. I have 1 purple and green one left and it is starting to color up again. You can see it in this pic starting to turn from white to brown.

IMG_0391_zpszcoqd1q1.jpg

Today it has some green coming back

IMG_0409_zpsi0cl8m4q.jpg

Added some acans a gold hammer and what was supposed to be a yellow hammer. Thinking about going another direction with this tank. The yumas were cool but they grew like weeds and did not play well with the other corals. The clowns have been acting like they are finally gonna make some babies. Aiptaisia was also taking over. 2 peppermint shrimp and a week I can only see a few aiptaisia.

IMG_0410_zpsrwlrqq5n.jpg

IMG_0394_zpskdjyuurr.jpg

IMG_0396_zpsdrshs3ik.jpg[/urlIMG_0392_zpsykscywim.jpg

At least your scans still look purdy

^stupid spell check

Thanks but those are fairly new. As of last month all that was in this tank was the jacks pistol shrimp, 2 clowns the nem a bleached yuma and the 2 orange yumas. I kinda want to go acan dominant tank this time around.

• Like 3
Sk8n Reefer

That's awesome........I was planning to try the Berghia nudi's but then I got the possum- not sure how that will go so maybe the peppermint would do ok with em. It's kinda hit or miss with peppermint though. I need to address my aiptasia

• Like 2

That's awesome........I was planning to try the Berghia nudi's but then I got the possum- not sure how that will go so maybe the peppermint would do ok with em. It's kinda hit or miss with peppermint though. I need to address my aiptasia

Get a laser. Less hassle in the long run if the shrimp decide to eat your polyps instead of the aiptasia.
  • Like 3
Sk8n Reefer

Get a laser. Less hassle in the long run if the shrimp decide to eat your polyps instead of the aiptasia.

I've seen those but where to buy?

Ali express. Chinese amazon.

Got mine a couple weeks ago. Been frying shit since. Love it. The big ones take a couple treatments, but it fun to listen to them sizzle.

• Like 1