ReefCleaners.org

Bad Hombre Cantina (yes I have a fish tank)

Sancho

righttirefire

I wanted the nylon nut to show a buddy. But couldn't find it... apparently his old urchin tried picking my an anenome... neither survived the experience and his tank melted down... never to be rebuild

Where is the urchin and nylon nut picture?

Here it is with the nut

IMG_0361%201_zpsxa0sdhdd.jpg

This is this morning. the urchin is eating the coraline off this snail while riding around on top of it. The snail has a white stripe all around its shell now.

IMG_0105_zps247uwl4v.jpg

• Like 4

Here it is with the nut

IMG_0361%201_zpsxa0sdhdd.jpg

This is this morning. the urchin is eating the coraline off this snail while riding around on top of it. The snail has a white stripe all around its shell now.

IMG_0105_zps247uwl4v.jpg

Every fast snail needs a racing stripe.

• Like 6
  • 3 weeks later...

Today the Yumas are fighting with the GBTA. Both are stretching out and stinging each other. Neither seem to be backing down or seem to be affected by each others stings. Its interesting to watch. Some of the Yumas have stretched out a good 6" to 8". I have one Yuma that is going after some Zoa's. The Zoa's dont look good so they are going into my other tank. My DSLR is in my wives car and cant seem to get good pics with the IPhone right now.

The pistol shrimp has been a kinds of active today. The shrimp stole the big blue shroom and took it to the other side of the tank. The shroom now decorates one of the shrimps cave entrances. :lol:

• Like 2

Getting dark wife still not home. Shitty Iphone pics will have to do. These were taken after the BTA and Yumas both gave up.

Yuma fighting with Zoa's

IMG_0387_zps0jxesxmh.jpg

After the Yuma BTA battle

IMG_0386%201_zpsic0n1rgq.jpg

The Shrimp and his new shroom

IMG_0384%201_zpsxctnxkxf.jpg

Clown Posed for a pic

IMG_0390_zpsq5lufhfl.jpg

• Like 9

I wish I would have gotten some pics while the Yumas were all stretched out. Those 2 in the middle were all up in the nems grill today. That one with the super puffy tentacles stretched all the way over into the nem. Never seen them do that till today. Nothing is slimy and it seemed to be a pretty equal fight. Strange.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So my Nano Reef secret santa (righttirefire) sent me a RW4. :) I was going to use it in my 34.....but tonight I put it in the 8.... Its staying in the 8. Perfect little pump for this tank. Mounted it to the back wall and it makes all kinds of sexy water movement. Nice.....I love it. Its been kinda chilly at night here and I have noticed the ric's are kinda meh. The water temp is down to 68* I think I have to buy a heater for the tank. My 34 has been heater less for almost 10 years thought I could do the same with the 8. Any suggestions on a small heater?

• Like 1

So my Nano Reef secret santa (righttirefire) sent me a RW4. :) I was going to use it in my 34.....but tonight I put it in the 8.... Its staying in the 8. Perfect little pump for this tank. Mounted it to the back wall and it makes all kinds of sexy water movement. Nice.....I love it. Its been kinda chilly at night here and I have noticed the ric's are kinda meh. The water temp is down to 68* I think I have to buy a heater for the tank. My 34 has been heater less for almost 10 years thought I could do the same with the 8. Any suggestions on a small heater?

Hydor makes a 7w or 15w heater that you can probably find in the big box stores (or Amazon).

• 2 weeks later...

A bit of an update. I ordered a Aquatop 15 watt heater. Its only rated for a 4 gallon tank but after sand rock and stuff my tank only holds about 5 gallons. I often wonder if this thing empty is actually a 8 gallon tank? I put the dims into a volume calculator and I think it came out to be like 6.7 gallons. I guess Cad just rounded up. 95% water change uses almost 5 gallons. Tank has been at the 68* range. Tonight when I got home I installed the heater. Temp was at 70* right now its at 78.1 and holding. :happydance: . For $15 next day prime shipping I am very happy with it. Claims to be unbreakable. The suction cups suck, and it has no light or indicator to let you know its on. Its supposed to keep water @ 77* +/- 1.8* so its working as described. But for $15 I cant complain. Plugged it into the Apex and programed it to shut off if it malfunctions and over heats the tank.

Did a bit of rescaping to accommodate the RW4. Next thing on the to do list is a 12v power supply. Currently running the RW4 W1 lowest setting and the knob turned almost to the half way mark. It works but I really like else mode.

• Like 3