Top Shelf Aquatics

Bad Hombre Cantina (yes I have a fish tank)

Sancho

• 1 month later...

Just changed the water for the first time in about 4 months yesterday while I was cleaning the tank I noticed this thing growing. Any Ideas. It retracts when your get close to it. has about 7 tentacles that I can see. the longest is about 2 inches long. Its red and white seems to be stationary.

IMG_0343_zpsgvcbgd7c.jpg

TOP VIEW

IMG_0345_zpsebhday3u.jpg

• Like 2

I saw something like this at the reef they keep at the Natural History Museum the other day. There were tons of those arms coming out of the rock work and they moved and reacted to things around them. Doubt they were all stars who all were hiding their bodies and just sticking out their arms. Let me grab a pic.

Edit: Here is aquarium. The legs were sticking from everywhere, I stood there for 30 min and didn't see any stars. I guess they could've been but very weird.

IMG_4607.jpg

• Like 2

I saw something like this at the reef they keep at the Natural History Museum the other day. There were tons of those arms coming out of the rock work and they moved and reacted to things around them. Doubt they were all stars who all were hiding their bodies and just sticking out their arms. Let me grab a pic.

Used to have a big brittle that would do that. Hide its body and just have its arms out to catch food. Every time it caught a piece it would retract to its mouth in the rock.

Not much has changed with this tank. All the high priced musshies have been overtaken by the Yumas, the Yumas also killed my nice acans. But since I added the AI Prime growth in the Yumas has really taken off just not the ones I want to grow out. :angry: I have given up on it and it is just on auto pilot. Here are a couple shots from this morning.

IMG_0349_zpsylqsxoxa.jpg

IMG_0351_zpsdu86rgzd.jpg

IMG_0352_zpsmp2xi5ld.jpg

My wife bought me this mug for our anniversary

IMG_0348_zps0salrz4x.jpg

• Like 12

Not much has changed with this tank. All the high priced musshies have been overtaken by the Yumas, the Yumas also killed my nice acans. But since I added the AI Prime growth in the Yumas has really taken off just not the ones I want to grow out. :angry: I have given up on it and it is just on auto pilot. Here are a couple shots from this morning.

IMG_0349_zpsylqsxoxa.jpg

IMG_0351_zpsdu86rgzd.jpg

IMG_0352_zpsmp2xi5ld.jpg

My wife bought me this mug for our anniversary

IMG_0348_zps0salrz4x.jpg

Love this little tank.
  • Like 4

Gettin packed in there, time for an upgrade to a 40!! Lol

The last thing I need is another tank. I have a 34, this 8 and an empty custom 90. The 90 is eventually gonna get wet and the 34 will go away. This tank is going into my daughters room. I did build the stand for this tank to hold a 20 and sump on purpose. Just dont let the wife know.

• Like 3
Marc.The.Shark

The last thing I need is another tank. I have a 34, this 8 and an empty custom 90. The 90 is eventually gonna get wet and the 34 will go away. This tank is going into my daughters room. I did build the stand for this tank to hold a 20 and sump on purpose. Just dont let the wife know.

Lol, just givin you some shit!! I like all the shrooms. Once my upgrade happens, I'll have some room for a few more, only have some Iron Man mushrooms now, started as 1 on its own rock abour 6 months ago has turned into 6 or 7, but they're way around one side & i can't enjoy the color "pop" they have. Want to get some yuma/ricordia. Yours are beaut's!
  • Like 1

Woah!!!! Awesome little tank :wub:. I didn't know you had this!

Thanks gena :) I wanted something low maintenance as this is supposed to be my daughters tank. Originally I wanted a zoa and acan tank. The purple green Yumas started as 2 baby hitch hikers. On some other forums people told me they were majano and to get rid of them. I am glad I didnt. I just wish the bright orange ones grew as fast. Its been a fun little tank to have. And it passed its 2 year mark :happydance: My daughter keeps pestering me to get rid of the nem and make it a seahorse tank. I dont see that happening.

• Like 3

Thanks gena :) I wanted something low maintenance as this is supposed to be my daughters tank. Originally I wanted a zoa and acan tank. The purple green Yumas started as 2 baby hitch hikers. On some other forums people told me they were majano and to get rid of them. I am glad I didnt. I just wish the bright orange ones grew as fast. Its been a fun little tank to have. And it passed its 2 year mark :happydance: My daughter keeps pestering me to get rid of the nem and make it a seahorse tank. I dont see that happening.

I didn't realize that was an anemone. Thought it was a torch/LPS. Seahorses would be a lot of work unless you went with those tiny ones. I forget what they are called but they are supposed to be eaiser. This is a perfect girly tank for your daughter :happy:.

So the tank really has no flow other than the return. So a lot of detritus builds up in the sand. I try to syphon it out but there is really not a lot of room. There are a couple nassarius snails, god only knows how many bristol worms. I had a watchman goby but she could not handle her depression any longer and took her own life a couple weeks ago. :( Jack came down yesterday and gave me a couple critters. A Tiger Pistol Shrimp and a Tuxedo Urchin. The Urchin went into my 34 and I debated putting the shrimp into the 34 also. I already have a Tiger / Goby pair in the 34 and decided not to introduce any shrimp fish drama to the 34. So this guy went into the 8

IMG_0359_zpsgqm3ew4y.jpg

Holy shit I actually have white sand :lol: The shrimp went to town turned over all the sand in the tank. Yeah the tank was a cloudy mess all day yesterday and I had to change the floss out a couple times. Woke up this morning to crystal clear water, clean sand and what I thought was a dead pistol shrimp. :( it just molted :lol: The shrimp has settled in and has been chillin near the cave it made yesterday.

• Like 7

I didn't realize that was an anemone. Thought it was a torch/LPS. Seahorses would be a lot of work unless you went with those tiny ones. I forget what they are called but they are supposed to be eaiser. This is a perfect girly tank for your daughter :happy:.

The nem is a gbta that went stringy. It was a supposed to be a temp tank for the nem now I just keep it in there to piss the people off that claim a nem needs a large tank :lol: . I had seahorses in the past. and yeah they were a lot of work. If I do another seahorse tank I will do it right. Low flow seaweed, mangroves or macro algae tank.

• Like 3

The nem is a gbta that went stringy. It was a supposed to be a temp tank for the nem now I just keep it in there to piss the people off that claim a nem needs a large tank :lol: . I had seahorses in the past. and yeah they were a lot of work. If I do another seahorse tank I will do it right. Low flow seaweed, mangroves or macro algae tank.

Oh wow, then you are probably a seahorse expert :). I hope you do that one day...it sounds like an awesome tank!

So the tank really has no flow other than the return. So a lot of detritus builds up in the sand. I try to syphon it out but there is really not a lot of room. There are a couple nassarius snails, god only knows how many bristol worms. I had a watchman goby but she could not handle her depression any longer and took her own life a couple weeks ago. :( Jack came down yesterday and gave me a couple critters. A Tiger Pistol Shrimp and a Tuxedo Urchin. The Urchin went into my 34 and I debated putting the shrimp into the 34 also. I already have a Tiger / Goby pair in the 34 and decided not to introduce any shrimp fish drama to the 34. So this guy went into the 8

IMG_0359_zpsgqm3ew4y.jpg

Holy shit I actually have white sand :lol: The shrimp went to town turned over all the sand in the tank. Yeah the tank was a cloudy mess all day yesterday and I had to change the floss out a couple times. Woke up this morning to crystal clear water, clean sand and what I thought was a dead pistol shrimp. :( it just molted :lol: The shrimp has settled in and has been chillin near the cave it made yesterday.

Glad he got a good home!

He would turn my 29 gal over about every two - three days....sand bed was always tidy.

• Like 1