Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Bad Hombre Cantina (yes I have a fish tank)

Sancho

This tank started as a 5 gallon Eco Pico I won at my local club meeting. The tank was started in September 2013. I used it as a holding tank for stuff to put in my larger tanks. I really did not think you could have a legit pico tank so I really never paid much attention to it. Man was I wrong I have recently caught the pico bug. So when a used CAD Lights 8 came up for sale on my local forum I had to have it. The CAD Lights 8 has a Tunze Nano Osmolator, DIY acrylic ATO box, Tunze 9001 skimmer, and a HOB CAD Lights NR 1pro pellet reactor. The lighting is the stock blue and white LED. Here are a few pics of the tanks evolution. The sexy Shrimp was the first addition to the tank

Image_zpsh99mnqfz.jpg

DSC_0104_zps3rstlzgs.jpg

IMG_0975_zpsic9i39vq.jpgDSC_0103_2_zpspckn8xh9.jpg

here are some recent pics after the CAD Lights upgrade.

IMG_1596_zps0afa54a7.jpg

DSC_0215_zpsfc9ed0b6.jpg

DSC_0226_zpsff97b90c.jpg

DSC_0177_zpsba957761.jpg

DSC_0111_zpsc95b27a8.jpg

• Like 7

Very nice. Love the rics.

Thanks. More have been added since these pics. Shrooms, Rics, and Acans is all that is going into this tank. The nem came out of my 34 after it split a little over a year ago. Was going to sell it but it has stayed put and the sexy shrimp and clown call it home. As long as the nem is happy I am leaving it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One of my local shops has 2 reasonably priced Gum Drops. I wanted to buy one soo bad but after pulling out $200 worth of ASD shrooms that melted on me I am a tad gun shy. Maybe next week if he still has them. I think he has them under way too much light they seem to have lost color in his tank. But they are under $200.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Some updates to this tank. Got a new light last week. Ordered it black Friday finaly showed up 4/1. AI prime so far I love the light was running a bit to high and melted a couple shrooms first day. Dialed it back to 30% and all is happy now. Had some issues with the tank mount as I have a skimmer in the back. A piece of wood some redneck engineering made it work.

IMG_0003_zpsgxdc8doo.jpg

IMG_0004_zpsyr17xtu5.jpg

IMG_0121_zps3p0uvgnc.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

As you can see I have lost an Acan and a couple shrooms. The acan was shaded by the green purple yuma and the other shrooms just melted away. This tank has been around for over a year and I cant be happier with the results I am getting from the Prime. My 18 month old kept turning the power strip off so I added a Apex jr. and locked the Aqua Controller so he can no longer kill the tank with the flip of a switch. I am building doors for the new stand this weekend.

That's a sweet rhodactis.

It's getting ready to split. It is looking like 2 today. I paid $15 for it. I scored a major deal

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

My Yuma has started warfare on my Acan. Came home today and found this Yuma had completely engulfed this Acan. It was like it was trying to eat it. I have never seen anything like that before. The Acan is not happy I think I am going to pull it out and throw it in my other tank.

IMG_0149_zpsfatiecsg.jpg

On a good note I found this guy in my tank I never bought this I think it may be the offspring of a shroom I bought that never really did well and eventually melted away.

IMG_0150_zps21siw9k3.jpg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Nice little pico. Just discovered this thread. Tagging along.

thanks...not much to see small mushie tank on auto pilot. The nem takes up almost half the tank. Been thinking about getting rid of the nem.

• Like 1