SaltCritters.com

Bad Hombre Cantina (yes I have a fish tank)

Sancho

12 minutes ago, spectra said:

Good to hear on the slime......

Weird to hear about the fish. I had a goby that way and not sure what happened to it either.....

+1. :happy:

Dang, sorry to hear about the six line :(

I'm glad everything else is going well! 

Dang, sorry to hear about the six line :(

I'm glad everything else is going well! 

• 3 months later...

Finanaly got around to replacing the sixline with a orchid dottyback. Both fish are known to be complete assclowns but the dottyback has some awesome color...so what the hell. I didn't expect to see it much as my last dottyback hid all day only to come out at feeding time to beat the other fish up. This one has settled in and after a couple weeks no prison style gang fights :) this one seems to be a free swimmer and is out most of the day. 

IMG_1747.JPG

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, Sancho said:

Finanaly got around to replacing the sixline with a orchid dottyback. Both fish are known to be complete assclowns but the dottyback has some awesome color...so what the hell. I didn't expect to see it much as my last dottyback hid all day only to come out at feeding time to beat the other fish up. This one has settled in and after a couple weeks no prison style gang fights :) this one seems to be a free swimmer and is out most of the day. 

IMG_1747.JPG

All them eufeelmeups look Nice! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
24 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

All them eufeelmeups look Nice! 

Be careful I may sue you for a $1 for feeling me up. :lol: I'm happy with them the gold hammer and gold octospawn were MACNA purchases last year. I'm a cheap bastard and only purchased single head frags it's nice to see that they have multiplied. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That dottyback is beautiful! I almost got one a few months ago but was worried he'd be a jerk. Fingers crossed he remains a model prisoner. 

• Haha 1
Just now, teenyreef said:

That dottyback is beautiful! I almost got one a few months ago but was worried he'd be a jerk. Fingers crossed he remains a model prisoner. 

This biatch was tank raised. Basically born into the system prison life if all it knows. 

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

Figured I would post a pic. Algae has been a bitch in this tank and am pretty sure its got tank herpes. Most of the sand has been sucked out because it has looked like outdoor green fuzzy carpet for the last 6 months or so :( Ive been manually removing it, stepped up my water changes, bought the fancy expensive DI resin, changed salt mix,  feeding cut down to once a week and I even started testing my water :lol: All to no avail. I was ready to call it quits and toss this tank out with the Solana that busted a seam. It seems to be suffering from a trifecta of shit that sucks. GHA, Cyano and maybe Dino's. Hell I even bought some snake oil that another sites members claimed to be the cure to all of these issues <_<:lol: I dabbled with the idea of a chaeto reactor but that would require another pump in the already cramped  back chamber, drilling holes in the back of my janky stand, plumbing and farming the algae........At this time too much work for my ass. So I jumped on the the IM desktop reactor when it went back down to $45.  Its been running a week now with a mix of GFO and ROX 0.8 carbon and I have actually seen a decrease in slimy green and brown shit. So I figured Id rescape the tank a bit and maybe start spending some cash on corals again.................Yep I also need a bit of rock work on the nem side. 

• Like 6

Found it!....why do these critters go on the move when I’m packing for a trip? Last time I left this thang went on the move and managed to sit atop the tanks drain :angry: Mrs. Sancho called and said hey douche bag your tanks about to overflow how do I fix it?  :huh: yep one of the nems went on a walk about. I told her to gently pull it from the drain and put it back where it should be :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Tank is crashing :( Cleaned the glass, emptied the skimmer yesterday to come home today to a mess of bubbles and slime on the glass :wacko: The damn skimmer is going nuts overflowing with bubbles, Dinos seem to have super populated overnight and octospawn (my mix of euphyllia) has decided to recede :( .................Yes I actually pulled out my test kit and yes all params are normal! NO IT'S NOT AN API KIT!  YES I USE DI WATER AND MY TDS IS ZERO.  Starting to hate this hobby :lol: Wondering if GFO can cause this? the only change i've made was using a reactor with a mix of GFO and carbon.  

• Sad 6
1 minute ago, HarryPotter said:

50% water change? Stinks :( 

Working on that now. I am just flummoxed how a clean tank can go from fairly clean to absolute shit in 24 hours.  

mitten_reef
13 minutes ago, Sancho said:

Working on that now. I am just flummoxed how a clean tank can go from fairly clean to absolute shit in 24 hours.  

Are all the nems accounted for?  Got any purigen on hands?  It sure looks like something specific caused it since it only took turn for the worse in 24 hours. Bad batch of gfo/carbon?