ReefCleaners.org

Bad Hombre Cantina (yes I have a fish tank)

Sancho

$100 doesn’t go far at the LFS anymore. The plate and a few shrooms was my haul. Their all complaining about the Indo ban and jacking prices up on any indo corals in stock. I may have to get with one of the locals guys and go in on a $500 wholesale box to get some stuff in this tank. 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Sancho said:

$100 doesn’t go far at the LFS anymore. The plate and a few shrooms was my haul. Their all complaining about the Indo ban and jacking prices up on any indo corals in stock. I may have to get with one of the locals guys and go in on a $500 wholesale box to get some stuff in this tank. 

Looks like a nice plate though!

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Looks like a nice plate though!

He knocked $50 off so I figured what the hell. Hopefully I dont kill it! Tank still seems HIV negative. 

• Like 2
HarryPotter
27 minutes ago, Sancho said:

He knocked $50 off so I figured what the hell. Hopefully I dont kill it! Tank still seems HIV negative. 

Dem reef AIDS always lurking on the corner 👀

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Tank still looks like shit :mellow: everything is kinda alive but has lost color. The nems are tiny, the zoas don't open, the lobo is now brown and all the shrooms I just bought melted away and the plate I just bought looks meh. Oh and the cyano is coming back :sideeyes: Im at a loss, dusted my test kit out and am missing Ca and Mg solution (probably should order more), however my Alk is at 16 DKH. Been doing bi-weekly water changes, dont dose anything. RO / DI has fresh filters and resin showing 0TDS. Could high alkalinity piss off my LPS and nems? Fish and critters are all fine just the corals look like shit. 

• Sad 1

16 is pretty high I run mine at 8 to 9. I lost a bunch of LPS on a alk swing......

Have you checked MAG also? what about cal?

3 minutes ago, spectra said:

Have you checked MAG also? what about cal?

Yeah no.......im missing the solution for both those test. I think Sancho Jr got ahold of them and was making science experiments with my test kit :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

So tank is looking better and everything has stabilized. cyano has not come back since chemiclean treatment. My old stringy GBTA’ s have bubble tips again :whoa: looking at ASD sale may buy some stuff. This tank needs some color! 

E58D024F-4915-46E1-A64E-452BA693047D.jpeg

7F0FB26D-076F-49F9-A1BC-E9EE4E5CF113.jpeg

BB28C13F-66A7-49F6-9C55-5E3AFE357711.jpeg

188D3716-012C-4D14-A9EB-62F8CD4E530B.jpeg

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Sancho said:

just in case the Hillbilly lounge shuts down. :wink: 

20 hours ago, Sancho said:

Yep......y'all hillbillies are welcome here

Yay!!!!! ??

The Cantina rules!

Pretty sure I figured out what I thought were dinos. looks more like I have issues with cyano. Took out all the pumps, filter and skimmer for a cleaning and forgot to turn the skimmer back on. Well the tank didn't have any bubbly snot while the skimmer was off for a few days, turned the skimmer back on and next day everything was covered in bubbly brown snot....The skimmer is producing micro bubbles the bubbles were getting spread throughout the tank and attaching to the cyano and I think it was actually increasing the spread of the outbreak. Cleaned the tank again yesterday and turned the skimmer off......Bam no bubbly snot today. Gonna leave the skimmer off, treat with chemiclean again,  go back to weekly water changes and hook up the UV sterilizer. 🤞it works if not im nuking the tank,  its been nothing but a headache. 

Anyone else have issues with the Tunze 9001? I noticed at MACNA they have added a sponge to the intake, Rodger said it was to reduce micro bubbles :lol: 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Sancho said:

Pretty sure I figured out what I thought were dinos. looks more like I have issues with cyano. Took out all the pumps, filter and skimmer for a cleaning and forgot to turn the skimmer back on. Well the tank didn't have any bubbly snot while the skimmer was off for a few days, turned the skimmer back on and next day everything was covered in bubbly brown snot....The skimmer is producing micro bubbles the bubbles were getting spread throughout the tank and attaching to the cyano and I think it was actually increasing the spread of the outbreak. Cleaned the tank again yesterday and turned the skimmer off......Bam no bubbly snot today. Gonna leave the skimmer off, treat with chemiclean again,  go back to weekly water changes and hook up the UV sterilizer. 🤞it works if not im nuking the tank,  its been nothing but a headache. 

Anyone else have issues with the Tunze 9001? I noticed at MACNA they have added a sponge to the intake, Rodger said it was to reduce micro bubbles :lol: 

I have the 9001 in the back of my biocube. No bubbles at all. I bought mine last Christmas and it does have a sponge in it. When I had cyano my tank was only set up for about 4 months. I couldn't get rid of it to save my life. After 7 months it went away probably bc my tank matured a little but I also added a ton more flow across the sand bed where it was mostly at. That seemed to help me.

23 minutes ago, Sancho said:

RODGER!!!!! 

• Haha 2
26 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

RODGER!!!!! 

The one and only......dude remembered me :lol: well I guess that was expected after our last email exchange when my osmolator flooded the house. It’s all good he fixed it, but man the back and fourth was just retarded. 

• Haha 1
56 minutes ago, Weikel said:

I have the 9001 in the back of my biocube. No bubbles at all. I bought mine last Christmas and it does have a sponge in it. When I had cyano my tank was only set up for about 4 months. I couldn't get rid of it to save my life. After 7 months it went away probably bc my tank matured a little but I also added a ton more flow across the sand bed where it was mostly at. That seemed to help me.

This is what I have going on. It’s in the display now since my nice tank busted a seam. So I’m noticing it more. Turned it on for 15 minutes and the bubbles already showing up on the rock again. 

44 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I hope so, if only for some excitement. 😂

Yea me too😀 always fun to stir the pot a little...

So I googled "I'm down meme" and I mean yea I am an asshole but not make a meme out of retarded kid asshole. Half the memes were of kids with down syndrome giving the thumbs up and the caption saying "I'm down" wtf some people 🤦‍♂️

tenor (1).gif

• Like 1
  • Wow 1