Coral Vue Hydros

Bad Hombre Cantina (yes I have a fish tank)

Sancho

21 hours ago, Sancho said:

Still playing with the lens...only thing I’m not impressed with is that it seems to turn some colors in coral yellow when in reality they are more orange. 1st pic is with the lens second one without. Anyone know if this is a white balance issue with the iPhone or am I doing it wrong? 😬🤗

627231A6-4A72-418D-8B3A-6FC4F0D391ED.jpeg

ECE03E08-6766-4514-A554-C33AE233ED58.jpeg

Hmm that's odd... that’s with the new polyplab orange/yellow hybrid lens with the polarizer? Does it affect the color if you spin it? I just picked one of those up too, but I haven’t had a chance to test it out yet. I’ll try to take some pics of my orange acan once I’m home tonight. 

I adjust my white balance by focusing on different things in the tank with different levels of light intensity until I get the image as true to life as possible.

• Like 1
On 4/2/2019 at 6:55 PM, banasophia said:

Hmm that's odd... that’s with the new polyplab orange/yellow hybrid lens with the polarizer? Does it affect the color if you spin it? I just picked one of those up too, but I haven’t had a chance to test it out yet. I’ll try to take some pics of my orange acan once I’m home tonight. 

I adjust my white balance by focusing on different things in the tank with different levels of light intensity until I get the image as true to life as possible.

Yeah it with the new lens....playing with it more and got a better representation of its true color as you spin the lens it’s pretty sensitive and small movements make a difference 

968ECA5D-5142-444C-BC6D-A8644BD1FA08.jpeg

• Like 3

Feeding time for the plate coral...still can’t seem to capture orange right with the new lens...hell maybe I’m color blind but still looks yellow to me 🤷‍♂️

632E1AB5-D800-4303-BC8A-5F4B328098B8.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Looks awesome, man.

NPS? 

Aren’t most of them? 🤷‍♂️ Just gonna have to step up my feeding 😬😂

Picked this thing up also....some sort of encrusting LPS....guy at the shop said I couldn’t kill it 😂 the red polyps are just opening up 

581F71A9-0868-4E77-842B-009D74702698.jpeg

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, kimdawg said:

I like the close up shots you take of your tank.  It shows off the beautiful detail of each coral.

Thanks....it’s an ugly pig from afar 😂 still trying to get good shots with my iPhone....tempted to bust out the DSLR as I’m not quite used to the iPhone and filters

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So Dino’s aside...I did something I should have done day one...I blacked out the back with vinyl. The tank is in a corner so getting to the back is a pain in the ass...wasted some vinyl last week..bought more emptied the tank tonight and moved it so I could apply it right. Looks so much better 🤗

D83211B6-2DDB-48E7-AF57-A1F9E8E87713.jpeg

617DDB47-4EE8-471D-BB55-F69750FCCB8F.jpeg

• Like 3

Still putting it back together..some stuff needs some re gluing but here is the final outcome with the black background 

image.jpg

• Like 4
Just now, Sancho said:

Still putting it back together..some stuff needs some re gluing but here is the final outcome with the black background 

image.jpg

Looks good, man.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Sancho said:

image.jpg

Looks better. 

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Sancho said:

I don’t know why I waited so long..the black background looks so much better 

4467FB40-4588-4D24-8E53-81F5F4829F43.jpeg

Looks great with the black background! Are those zoas blue hornets? Whatever they are, they’re very pretty, and your zoas are opened up nicely despite the dino. 

• Thanks 1