ReefCleaners.org

Fishfreak's foxy BC29: Brine Shrimp!

fishfreak0114

fishfreak0114
11 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Wow, the FTS is just beautiful! All the pics are really nice, and everything looks happy and puffy. Keep up what you're doing! 

Thanks a lot teeny!! :) 

4 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

Nice pictures. Nice tank. I'll happily take any Zoas that you don't want! ?

4 hours ago, Astinus said:

+1 With Pjanssen ;)

I would be also happy with some of that GSP if u need to Frag it ;)

Thanks guys! I wish I could share my coral with y'all but you're not in Canada (to my knowledge) :(

• Like 2
1 hour ago, fishfreak0114 said:

Thanks a lot teeny!! :) 

Thanks guys! I wish I could share my coral with y'all but you're not in Canada (to my knowledge) :(

Darn borders! imagine there's no countries...

• Like 2
fishfreak0114
58 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Ask the seller!

Don Lam

M: 613.767.2809

I didn't think of that!  It's a rather odd looking piece. 

I made a short video of the tank.  My camera really does suck in the filming department.  Blurry!

• Like 5
fishfreak0114

My mom always says that the acans look out of place on the sand.  I think it looks fine, but I wouldn't mind that spot on the sand for another lobo.  And I do tend to knock them over /get sand on them when I'm fiddling around.  So I was wondering, could they live in the somewhat shady spot indicated in the picture?  Not right at the back part, but closer to the front.  There's a mushroom there currently, but I could move it.

35379771290_27e1316b91_b.jpgpotential acan placement_zpsmo4cbn7l by orb1915, on Flickr

• Like 2

Not only would they be OK, they would probably get improved color. Acans really like to live in under 100 PAR, so as long as there enough light to sustain them, they should do very well.

I agree that they probably shouldn't be at the very back. But they will expands towards the back if there's enough light.

• Like 2
On 3/30/2017 at 4:14 PM, fishfreak0114 said:

I didn't think of that!  It's a rather odd looking piece. 

I made a short video of the tank.  My camera really does suck in the filming department.  Blurry!

What a lovely tank!!!

Everything looks so pretty and healthy and happy!!

The Dendro is looking better, and yeah, I think the Acans would do just fine in that spot. :happy:

• Like 3
fishfreak0114

Awesome thanks guys! :) I will move them tomorrow then. I have noticed on the one acan that has a bit of blue on it that the colors are better on the lower parts where it gets a little less light.

• Like 1
fishfreak0114

The fish are back!

image_zpsoim4dsxs.jpeg

image_zpskik9zvct.jpeg

This morning when I got up, the dendro was gone!  Thankfully it didn't wander far and wasn't harmed :). Just over by the zoa rock.  It has never escaped it's pen before, but it had sort of sunk into the sand so it could go over.

• Like 5
fishfreak0114

Thanks vlangel! :) 

I have been seriously debating making an online order. I think "yes I'll do it!"  And then I start talking myself out of it. So the cycle continues. We'll see what happens. 

• Like 1
On 4/7/2017 at 10:40 AM, fishfreak0114 said:

Thanks vlange! :) 

I have been seriously debating making an online order. I think "yes I'll do it!"  And then I start talking myself out of it. So the cycle continues. We'll see what happens. 

I vote "yes". But it's not my money :D

• Like 2
fishfreak0114
24 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

I vote "yes". But it's not my money :D

:lol: I really should save that money for university...but I want coral!  Still haven't made up my mind!

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, fishfreak0114 said:

:lol: I really should save that money for university...but I want coral!  Still haven't made up my mind!

Meh, sell frags to pay off student loan debt. 

• Like 3
fishfreak0114

Happy Easter!!!!:happydance: ??

Yesterday I was in Kelowna to go out for dinner with my grandma and 3 half siblings. It was so much fun!  I think that's the first time I've seen all three of them at once in a couple years. We went to RauDZ Regional Table, which I'd never heard of before, but I think that might be the best meal I've ever eaten!  Four of us shared a massive beef shank, I'll post up a pic of it later.  

But anyways, we visited Pet City earlier in the day, and it just so happens that the lobo I had been eyeing last time (before the fallow period ended) was still there!  So you know how that goes :rolleyes:. It's a bit receded (they don't have awesome lights) but I'm sure with regular feedings it'll be fat and happy in no time :) 

• Like 2
fishfreak0114

Unfortunately I only have a couple pics from last night. I'm not at the house with the reef at the moment, but maybe I'll ask my mom to send me a pic of it today. 

image_zpsrxc5bfgp.jpeg

image_zpsqujn0hyr.jpeg

image_zpswrqckfu6.jpeg

This was quite the meal!  They said it served four, but we came home with a lot of leftover meat!

image_zps6axbnmph.jpeg

• Like 1
fishfreak0114

Thanks :) I ended up stopping by check on the tank, and took a couple pictures of it in the daylight.  Will get them up shortly.

fishfreak0114

The new lobo is looking good!  I fed mysis to the tank, so I covered it with a 2L bottle top and basted a bunch in.  It ate a fair amount so I'm happy.  I hope it ends up as puffy as my other one.  I'm so happy I got that thing, it's been in the back of my mind since I first saw it, and when I moved the acans and planned to put a lobo there, I was hoping to find a similar looking one because I was sure this one (which I really wanted) would be gone by the time I made another trip to Kelowna.  But nope-it's mine!

image_zpsfmyi5qmp.jpeg

It's quite large.  I plan to move it forwards a bit, but I thought the shadier the better at first because who really knows what their lights were like at the shop.

image_zpsxzq9zvw4.jpeg

Top down.  I wonder if I can position the hood differently to minimize the light splotches?  Will have to play with that another day.

image_zpsdwivuf77.jpeg

And a quick angle shot.  I was in a bit of a hurry, I forgot to close the blinds!  Oops. 

image_zpsqjfgsewc.jpeg

• Like 5
fishfreak0114
4 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Lovely tank!  Hope the lobo comes back for you! :)

Thank you Lula!  The lobo is poofier today, I think it'll be covering the skeleton in no time! :) 

3 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

Truly a lush and beautiful tank. 

Thanks Weetie!  

Both of you are too kind :happy:

• Like 2
Suavereefer32

Awesome tank!  What are your settings for your lights?  I have the Nanobox retro as well and just wanted someone else's input on how high their run their lights at.  Sorry if you have already answered this question at some point in the thread already. 

• Like 1