Pod Your Reef

126 Gallon Mixed Mini Reef

farkwar

I never had any intention of going large like that again. 50 gallons was large enough for me.

But through a long series of changes and mixups....

I have a 126 gallon tank ordered and on the way. Dimensions are pretty nice. 48x30x20.

My light was intended for a 30 long tank, then 36 inch, now 48 inch but I'm sure it will be satisfactory. It now will have 6 T5 tubes and LED, where initially it was 6 Radion pucks only.

Im looking for a representative pic

Over 18 months of saving, and a little help from brother Martin. It's here.

20150218_144057.jpg

The FedEx guy asks, "Is that really a fish tank?". I paused and said, "yup". Working class man, gods love him if there're such things, probably thinks that corals are plants.

When he threw open the door, for a split second it looked like it needed burned swastikas on the side. I hope when I open it my face doesn't blow off. If I stop posting here, you can assume it did.

That sump is going to need some mods.

It doesn't look like any of their sump pics, odd.

I like the design of the ATO res, that's exactly how i need it.

Curious to see your plans for this build.

Have to wait til payday to order Zeo Reactor.

I have the skimmer already.

Both of those are going in sump will determine design and baffles for the sump.

Everything else is going to be dry.

Vertex Ca HCO3 Mg reactor. Plastidipped the CO2 tank white to match. Need to put gloss coat on.

Regulator and hardware is all polished brass.

Korallin Nitrate reactor. Its been cycling for 2 months now, on my grow out tank.

DA posts on their website that they are shipping the Archon controller. But no one has it, and DA is still taking pre-orders.

Ill get started on the light build next week, I'm replacing the Workhorse ballasts in the Coravue 8x 36" with HEP ballasts. I have everything for the LED strip for the light. The Archon will control the T5s.

This is the regulator

20150119_183936.jpg

The parts are just loose for the pic.

My bubble counter doesn't fit, wrong thread pitch on the Swagelok B-400-R-2.

The only one I found on eBay was in England. So I thought maybe it was a British plumbing thing.

Found out I could order 1 unit directly from Swagelok. Ordered one. It's a $4 part and they charged me $18 shipping. Shipping was cheaper for the one that came from England.

Thread is the same, so if someone needs a B-400-R-2 for $22 they can have a new one, free shipping.

All regards and thanks to alanle over at RC for showing me how to make this, for real cheap.

The knob is off getting Plastidipped red to match the white-red color scheme.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived