inTank Media Baskets

RJWalters

I am planning on ordering a MINI TIDE in the next couple of months and was wondering what brand of tank I should get. I do not want an AIO I just want a rimless tank with low iron glass. Also what is the biggest tank that a tide would work over? I plan on having mostly softies and LPS with just a couple of my favorite SPS. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ron

Mr. AQUA all the way. Best bang for the buck. LFS sell for way cheaper than online. However depending on how big you want I think they only go to 20gal and as small as 1gal lol.

I have mr. Aqua rimless 12gal long. It is the shallowest tank I've seen. Prolly too long for your light though. I think the 17.1g would work for you.

Dave has a list on his thread for a bunch of tanks:

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/357254-nano-box-2015-updates/

The new Red Sea Reefer series tanks are coming out and they look kinda cool. I don't have one but the red sea max always looked good in the LFS. I also like they it doesn't come with a skimmer and light so I can get whatever I want for it.

Hmm, it looks like its 18" so a tide would be ok for LPS and maybe some SPS in the center....? I was thinking about picking up a tide for my spare 18" cube but it looks like a Duo is better suited for 18"s.

Oh yeah! Deep blue makes a great looking tank, I have an 8x8x8 cube and love it. Most off the shelf tanks aren't LIG but they are super clear tanks for using regular glass and, they use black silicone which is awesome.

Would a Tide work on

10.7 Gallon Rimless Low Iron Aquarium Tank, 17.7" L × 10.6" W × 11.8" H

or would I need a duo?

Tide will be fine.

-Dave

Tide will be fine.

-Dave

Would sps do well in an 18x18x18 tank with the tide or does it need a duo 4 that? Sorry for all the questions I am still in the planning stages right now. I know that I want to use the Tide light but I am not sure what tank I want yet and don't want to screw up. fingerscrossed

Would sps do well in an 18x18x18 tank with the tide or does it need a duo 4 that? Sorry for all the questions I am still in the planning stages right now. I know that I want to use the Tide light but I am not sure what tank I want yet and don't want to screw up. fingerscrossed

Going mostly SPS, I would do Duo.

-Dave

I plan on having mostly softies and LPS with just a couple of my favorite SPS. But I do want one of the sps on the sand bed toward the center. Would a Tide work okay?

I plan on having mostly softies and LPS with just a couple of my favorite SPS. But I do want one of the sps on the sand bed toward the center. Would a Tide work okay?

Personally still go with the Duo then.

-Dave

Archived