SPS Lighting

kris_willard

kris_willard

I have 52watts of PC lighting over my 5.5 that has been set up for about 1.5 months now. It has 1-10k 26watt and 1-Actinic 26watt bulb. I was just wondering what types of SPS i can keep under this type of lighting i was kind of hopeing for a pink birdsnest, acropora or montipora. Possible?

start off with some montipora's and see how they do. Lighting isn't everything when it comes to SPS, you still need excellent water quality, plus you need to be able to maintain Ca and Alk demands. Montipora's suck down a lot of calcium.

You can get some plating montiporas like the ones in the pic, or also try some montipora digitata. there are plenty of nice colors available and they should do a lot better than acroporas.

-skeletor-

kris_willard

Well i like the caps because of how they plate so i want one of them for sure. I will take ure advice and try the monti first then go from there. Thanks for ure input

It might turn brown for a while, don't get down. Once you leave it alone for a few months and keep the water quality tops it should color up good.

mineralrock

yea the capricornis is an awesome choice...does well with moderate to high lighting and flow...

it is actually a monti digi that lives in deeper less turbid waters that has modified itself to catch more rays. Thus it is alright with less lighting.

try it out!

kris_willard

Cool thank you for the input i will let you all know how it fares when i can get one in. I have never kept sps before but i do have a galaxy and it has been doing great since i have brought it home. Some of the spots where you can see it has been receeding have actually started to grow back.

Please dont mind the cyno in the background im working o n eliminating it.

attachment.php?s=&postid=306424

Archived