SaltCritters.com

Would like your opinions on my aquascape (Fusion 20g)

adept

Hi everyone, how do you like my aquascape? I'm contemplating changing it more and more recently. On the top left is a large shelf rock which I have been worried is throwing everything off. Is it creating too much of a shadow for potential coral placements?

Front view

d1ixaO9.jpg

Iso view

Vj5vhca.jpg

Right side view

bppSGQN.jpg

Hello! If you could maybe make the scape cascade to the front instead of being so vertical? Because those two large pieces you're talking about look pretty cool how they are, but you'll get more coral placement by cascading the rocks! :) Hope that helps!

Hi everyone, how do you like my aquascape? I'm contemplating changing it more and more recently. On the top left is a large shelf rock which I have been worried is throwing everything off. Is it creating too much of a shadow for potential coral placements?

Front view

d1ixaO9.jpg

Iso view

Vj5vhca.jpg

Right side view

bppSGQN.jpg

I agree. That large rock on the top left looks out of place. I'm finding for aquascaping, less is more. Consider changing it up, or removing that large rock altogether. Maybe split up the wall to give more swimming space and as was mentioned make it more of a cascade. Think bleacher seating. Angle rocks so that you can see the front and back from different angles, if that makes sense. Hope this helps.

I agree with everyone else and what you have to say. The large shelf rock throws it off. It might be cool if you try two islands. A larger one on the left and a smaller one on the right.

Thanks for all your thoughts!

Should I just hammer the shelf rock into smaller pieces? Or has anyone had any luck with using shelf rock right on the sand?

I'd redo the left side as well. My suggestion is to rotate the flat rock til it runs at a 45deg angle towards the front center of the tank and prop it up on the two little round rocks in the center. After that place the oblong piece currently holding it up on top and play with it till it looks right.

Edit: That's a sweet axe you got there.

I made some big changes. What do you think now? Also featured are my new additions: torch coral, purple firefish, and a green striped mushroom.

B1ziIQL.jpg

IjOfveT.jpg

7vI0maa.jpg

Archived