Drs Foster & Smith PC Light Fixture - PICTURES and REVIEW

DLN

Who sells replacement bulbs for this thing, I want to order it but I want one actinic bulb for it.

Jerome

myfisharemean

This is perfect, I was gonna buy one today anyway, lol, i'm actually gonna put 2 on my 10 hex, I'm gonna buy another one next week or the week after, so 72w on my 10 hex, YAY! and for only 60 bucks! i'll buy better bulbs after I get my test kits, fuge, wavemaker, float-switch for my top-off, and powerheads, lol. -Matt

Originally posted by dyceskynes

How can you set those one a timer with only one power cord?  Looks like yout stuck unless you custome make something.

Just open it up and add a seperate power cord for the other bulb. A little DIY, but shouldn't be to hard to do. Simple as that...

I just called Drs. and the woman said they dont sell replacements for the 18w yet, as she belives its a new product(best i could find was a square pin 18w here but that does not help) . I have looked at several other on line sites and they do not offer any 18w bubls. I see this as being a small problem with the fixture. I am now considering just purchasing the 2x 36w fixture for $37, still a good price and the bulbs are available easily.

Jerome

RSMAGS

Could you please let me know if you can adjust where they legs are on the fixture, can you slide them in so that it will fit on a smaller tank? I want to buy the 20 inch fixture to put over a 5.5 but I will need to slide the legs in as that tank is only 16 inches. Can this be done?

Thank You

Jerome

myfisharemean

I just bought mine yesterday night, I mean last night, lol, anyway, By the time these crappy bulbs wear out, I'll prob. be able to get new ones, they have to get these bulbs from somewhere, at least DF&S will have to sell them, or refer you to someone that does, that's like Power Wheels not selling replacement Batteries, unless these lights are disposable, lol.

Archived