inTank Media Baskets

My little POTO- SPS heavy mixed reef

Slowtwitch

Took the wide quad off the tank this weekend and put my old light back on it.  The old light has a better spread and causes fewer shadows.  The wide quad was nice, it just wasn't the right light for this tank.  Not sure yet if I will hang on to it for a future build or sell it. Made sure to adjust the settings to mimic the par levels so that I don't have another brown out like when I first put the quad over the tank.

• Like 1
On 2/23/2017 at 6:35 PM, teenyreef said:

Dang, sorry about the setosa, do you think it's just one of those maddening random things? 

I do.  Nothing else is off in the tank.  Parameters have been rock steady and the acros in the tank have honestly never looked or acted better.  just weird.  Maybe I need more shit in the tank to keep that one happy.  It's still deteriorating very slowly.  I don't think I'm going to lose the whole thing, but it looks ugly right now.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
mitten_reef
On 2/20/2017 at 0:51 PM, Slowtwitch said:

Took the wide quad off the tank this weekend and put my old light back on it.  The old light has a better spread and causes fewer shadows.  The wide quad was nice, it just wasn't the right light for this tank.  Not sure yet if I will hang on to it for a future build or sell it. Made sure to adjust the settings to mimic the par levels so that I don't have another brown out like when I first put the quad over the tank.

Curious how the corals had been since switching back to the old light.  Sorry about the Setosa.  Updates?

What are you in MI?  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2017 at 1:13 PM, micoastreefing said:

Curious how the corals had been since switching back to the old light.  Sorry about the Setosa.  Updates?

What are you in MI?  

I'm in the Port Huron area.

On 6/12/2017 at 3:19 PM, markalot said:

Long time no update, how's it going in here?

Things have improved dramatically since going back to the old light.  Still not back to where they were, but I see improvement every day.  Every coral that didn't completely die is showing new growth and colors are coming back strong, but things are pretty ugly with all the bare skeletons showing.  Once I decide if I'm going to frag everything up and rescape, or just let it ride, I'll post up a picture or two.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Tank is still running though I have moments where I wish it wasn't. Still considering a full reboot on this.  Thinking of maybe a different tank configuration.  I have a 30 tall and  55 long that I've been considering setting up to change up that scape.   Anyway, here's a  few pictures under the blues to show what's left.

20170713_162537[1].jpg

mitten_reef

still looks good to me! :huh: 

But hey, if you're not happy with it cuz you've been staring at it for a while now, then I'm in the same boat. I'm getting the itch to get in and rearrange everything in my tank :D.

• Like 1