Coral Vue Hydros

cube water level probelm. HELP!!!!!!

Tballa

I just filled my cube up with sand, rock, and water, and let it go. The only problem is the water level in the sump is WAY lower than the water level in the tank, which is almost overflowing! I did the overflow mod, and I think the problem is that the pump is pumping out the water quicker than the overflow is overflowing. Does anyone else have this problem? If so, what did you do about it. I would just leave it, but the regular tank part is practically overflowing, and that will make problems in the future. PLEEEEEEEASE, I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!

maybe u should rip some of the slots out of the overflow to make the water returning to the sump flow in more easily?

try adding some sort of mesh after re-cutting the overflow teeth. it might not be the prettiest solution but it's certainly better than a flooded cube.

i didn't do the overflow mod. i have a diffuser for the little nipple thing that spits water out, i just aim it to the top to disturb the surface. i still get the oily surface so i'm thinking about doing the mod sometime in the future.

i got it at my LFS but im sure u can find it online. it was like 2 bucks for a couple segments of loc-tite and then another 2 bucks for the flare nozzle. i think it's worth it but not necessary. :P hope that helps

Yah, I've been planning on getting one, because i don't like how it messes with the sand, but I haven't been able to find one. I guess thats what the internet is for! LOL. I'm in a little better mood now that I know my tank isn't going to overflow, and BTW I am going to cut out a couple of the teeth tom and see if that fixes it. I'm sure it will, because i didn't cut the teeth very deep or wide. Actually I cut out V's so it looks like this vvvv. It just isn't getting enough water through.

See the bottom grate? Push it out with a credit card or a plastic ruler - it will pop right out and you can put it back if you ever want to.

I had the same troubles until someone here pointed out it could be removed very easily. I even emailed JBJ and they said it was put there as an option for reducing flow and it was fine to remove it.

Once I removed it, no more sump level issues and better filtration through the back and bottom level of the tank.

HTH, Chris

Ok, so you just push throught the front, and it will come out? Do you mean the whole thing, or just the stopper in the back of it? Did your overflow still work?

Tballa lets see a picture of the slots if you can. To me it sounds like it is working perfectly fine. My water level in the front is right at the black plastic ledge of the tank. Conversely I like to have the water level in the back about 1 inch from the back of the slots. The beauty to this little mod is that you can add more water to the back, or have it can evaporate without causeing anychange to the front of the tank. Trust me, from what it sounds like, and if you followed my directions it is working just the way it should.

Archived