Coral Vue Hydros

Looking at your tank from the top down.....

Acoustic

myfisharemean

I don't, mine's still cycling, I'm on vacation, so i set it up before i left so it could cycly for 3 weeks, I can't wait till i get back to see it!

OxInYourBox

Back middle shot. I missed getting my favorite tri color in the front of the tank in the pic but I did get my surprise caps. The purple rim I got as light brown a year ago which has slowly changed colors to what it is now. The orange one I got out of a LR tank where it was only an inch large on the piece of rubble and didn't look it it was going to make it being against the glass with no light. The LFS is used to my antics now. :) Note to self deritrus sucks. I didn't see the small bit on the cap until taking this shot (kind of hard to stick my head under a 250W MH fixture but the camera fit :)).

OxInYourBox

Right side. The purple cap has green and orange caps growing underneath it and they are fighting it out along with deritrus settling on it. I'm upgrading tanks yet again and will have everything blasted with flow and not on the bottom of the tank. Just ran out of room. :)

• 2 weeks later...

not exactly a whole tank shot, but it is top down.. I took this the other day in my 10gal tank, thought it looked cool. this little guy just loves his xenia.

100_5528.sized.jpg

-skeletor-

Thanks skeletor. That clam likes to suck everything out of the tank. Going to suck moving the tanks this weekend but I finally get to hook up my CA Reactor. :)

Is that an Alife I see with an Ice Probe mounted through the back? I love mine minus the crappy stock ballast (replaced with a WH2), low flow stock Rio 50 PH (replaced with a RIO 600 and loc line :)), and the holding pieces for the hood aren't too great either after a while. I just take the hood all the way off vs. prop it.

What are the plans for the tank?

good luck with the move ox, moving tanks is never fun..

yeap, it's an Alife with an iceprobe installed. The iceprobe is a little big, but I just made a hole in the tank divider and glued a black plastic pill bottle cap over the hole.. My plans are to keep some dwarf seahorses (if I can ever find any :-( ), I put the iceprobe in the 3rd chamber so I can DIY a skimmer for the 2nd.

I went to the LFS last weekend looking for a tank, I took the guy some SPS frags, and to cut a long story short, he gave me this tank. He told me it was old stock and he couldn't get replacement parts for it :D It's a sweet little tank.

so far it has some sand from my SPS tank and 5lb of tonga branch, and hopefully some dwarf seahorses soon..

-skeletor-

Awesome! Glad to see someone besides me and Rick J G has an Alife still. :) Speaking of which I need to get a new bulb for mine. Have to remember where I ordered it (will let you know if you'd like). Anyways-You'll probably end up ripping out the stock ballast and fan and retrofitting a WH2 into there. Best thing to do along with upping the flow but not for seahorses. ;) My favorite LFS has some dwarf seahorses in an Azoo mini tank that they brought back from FL. Pretty cool.

I start the breakdown of the 5 tanks tomorrow and moving them. This is going to suck and I'm going to make alot of frags. :( But I have a statewide reef club meeting two weeks from now so it should be all good. :-D

yeah I'm loving this little alife, it"s a great size and shape. The stock light will probably be enough for the horses (they arrive wednesday :) yah ! )

wow ! 5 tanks there ox, oh yeah, I have 5 tanks too, but 2 are FW so they don't really count..

here is a pic I just took, I'm loving this top down stuff since I'm actually able to get some half decent pics at last, anyway, the eyes are moonlight LEDs, no potatoshopping involved, and as always with my pics just ignore the algae :(

100_5585.sized.jpg

-skeletor-

Archived