Cultivated Reef

Maxspect XF130 Gyre

Admonition

If it helps you, I plan to post up a video and written review on my tank thread when my pre-ordered XF-130 comes in. My Fusion 30L's display portion leaves me 1/8 of an inch of clearance on either side if run horizontally. Plus, my display holds about 20 gallons.

Hey, any update on this? Is it working out?

Hey, any update on this? Is it working out?

I plan to post an update tomorrow (I've been working since getting my gyre). But a short update with my experience is that it JUST fits horizontally in the Fusion 30L's side wall.

As far as issues, I've noticed two since installing it today. The first, if you point the blades/paddles forward (you can rotate them up and down for flow direction), than you become limited on the intensity you can run the pump on a shallow tank. What I mean by this is the higher output/intensity you run this pump, the lower it has to sit in your tank because the water will be pushed out of the top of your tank. For me, 40% is the most I would use given my tank's needs and it sits about 3 inches below the top.

The second issue I noticed is that the pump makes a loud rattling noise when I go past 30% power (40% or more). It may be a result of a loose part internally that I need to tighten or it may be a 'break in' thing. I haven't contacted the company yet or done any real research on the matter though, as I'll save that for my day off tomorrow.

Otherwise I like it very much. I know Jedi did a great write up on his in his tank thread I believe if you wanna check that out. Otherwise check my tank thread tomorrow :)

I plan to post an update tomorrow (I've been working since getting my gyre). But a short update with my experience is that it JUST fits horizontally in the Fusion 30L's side wall.

As far as issues, I've noticed two since installing it today. The first, if you point the blades/paddles forward (you can rotate them up and down for flow direction), than you become limited on the intensity you can run the pump on a shallow tank. What I mean by this is the higher output/intensity you run this pump, the lower it has to sit in your tank because the water will be pushed out of the top of your tank. For me, 40% is the most I would use given my tank's needs and it sits about 3 inches below the top.

The second issue I noticed is that the pump makes a loud rattling noise when I go past 30% power (40% or more). It may be a result of a loose part internally that I need to tighten or it may be a 'break in' thing. I haven't contacted the company yet or done any real research on the matter though, as I'll save that for my day off tomorrow.

Otherwise I like it very much. I know Jedi did a great write up on his in his tank thread I believe if you wanna check that out. Otherwise check my tank thread tomorrow :)

Thanks for the update, I'll check back for your full update! I was in a debate on getting an MP10 or taking a risk with the XF130 a nano as I really want to check it out.

• 2 weeks later...

I have it on my tank and posted a short video in my thread. Works awesome. No complaints yet. You could run this in a much smaller tank for sure on a lower setting IMO

Archived