inTank Media Baskets

Maxspect XF130 Gyre

Admonition

The XF130 (nano) version is listed for pre-sale on a number of online stores, with an expected shipping date of late January. Maybe I missed it, but do you have any videos of this model on smaller tanks? I've seen tons of the larger model on huge systems, but I'd like see the 'nano' version on a nano tank. I have a fusion 30L which just barely will fit the XF130 horizontally in the display and I'm curious about your product.

Thanks!

They are having a way for the 130 to run just one side of the cage of the pump. I asked what the cost of the piece that blocks off one side of the motor is, Have not seen the reply yet. From what I have see in person this pump will not work for my 25 gallon Mr Aqua cube tank. Looking at getting two Tunze 6040's instead.

i am interested too as the xf150 seems very effective in shallow tanks and wonder how the xf130 would do in a 60f.

Hype states good for up to a 48 inch long tank.

Thats lot bigger than 60f.

I have a 47 inch tank being made, I'll test that claim when available.

jedimasterben

The XF130 (nano) version is listed for pre-sale on a number of online stores, with an expected shipping date of late January. Maybe I missed it, but do you have any videos of this model on smaller tanks? I've seen tons of the larger model on huge systems, but I'd like see the 'nano' version on a nano tank. I have a fusion 30L which just barely will fit the XF130 horizontally in the display and I'm curious about your product.

Thanks!

The production sample would have just made it to the US within the last week (if it has yet, I do not know for sure) so there isn't really any data on that. I can imagine, though, that the results will be similar to the 50w model's speeds that are at 35w or less. I hope to have my hands on one shortly, but I do not own a nano tank.

What hype are you referring to? I haven't found any info on the XF130 stating tank length.

Also, will having this pump's ends so close to the tank glass be a problem?

I didnt know there was a test today.

It was a promo video. Female voice narrator.

Hype states good for up to a 48 inch long tank. Thats lot bigger than 60f. I have a 47 inch tank being made, I'll test that claim when available.

what/who hype? not concerned whether the 130 is not powerful enough for my tank. rather the opposite.

The production sample would have just made it to the US within the last week (if it has yet, I do not know for sure) so there isn't really any data on that. I can imagine, though, that the results will be similar to the 50w model's speeds that are at 35w or less. I hope to have my hands on one shortly, but I do not own a nano tank.

looking forwards to your review/comment

CoralVue Aquarium Products

Samples just arrived in the US, testing and photos are currently in process. Trying to nail down a availabilty date, looking like 2-3 weeks away still.

Chris

Samples just arrived in the US, testing and photos are currently in process. Trying to nail down a availabilty date, looking like 2-3 weeks away still.

Chris

gonna need some more videos and stuff :)

really considering moving to one of these for my 40b..

is 239.xx the official price?

I've looked up as many videos and reviews that I can on these gyre pumps, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot yet though.

I'm also considering the XF130 Gyre for my 40b although with the MP40 price drop I'm hopeful that the MP10 price comes down as well.

Either way some exciting things happening in the world of flow with some new innovation !

jedimasterben

is 239.xx the official price?

Yes, has been set for a few weeks now.

I'm also considering the XF130 Gyre for my 40b although with the MP40 price drop I'm hopeful that the MP10 price comes down as well.

I don't think it's going to come down in price as much as the MP40 did ($165 less over the course of a few months).

Yes, has been set for a few weeks now.

I don't think it's going to come down in price as much as the MP40 did ($165 less over the course of a few months).

Oh I certainly don't think it's coming down that much. It's the lowest price vortech and probably their biggest seller volume wise. Still though, I'm hopeful that a bit of competition drives the price down some.

• 2 weeks later...
jedimasterben

Any plans for an even smaller gyre for tanks < 25 gallons?

No, the 35w model can be used in smaller tanks if turned down. In addition, Maxspect is prepping some sort of cover so that one end of the 35w model can be removed for single-paddle use. I personally do not see this working, as the motor was made to run with both paddles installed and is balanced accordingly.

Auto Midnight
No, the 35w model can be used in smaller tanks if turned down. In addition, Maxspect is prepping some sort of cover so that one end of the 35w model can be removed for single-paddle use. I personally do not see this working, as the motor was made to run with both paddles installed and is balanced accordingly.

Thanks for the info,

Even at its lowest setting I am thinking it would be too much flow for a 20 gallon tank, not to mention the dimensions would only allow me to run it vertically in my tank. I would think that eliminating one side of the pump would defeat the purpose. I guess I have to wait for some real reviews from people with tanks on the small side of the range.

jedimasterben

Thanks for the info, Even at its lowest setting I am thinking it would be too much flow for a 20 gallon tank

What makes you say that? Flow velocity from the pump at minimum power will be very low.

Also, the XF130 is right at 10" long according to Maxspect, the inside width of a 20g tank is like 11.8", so you could run it horizontally.

Auto Midnight
What makes you say that? Flow velocity from the pump at minimum power will be very low.

Also, the XF130 is right at 10" long according to Maxspect, the inside width of a 20g tank is like 11.8", so you could run it horizontally.

Just a guess, In the process of setting up a custom aio, width on the display is exactly 10". If it fits, it would in theory be the perfect pump. Assuming it doesn't turn my tank into a whirlpool.

jedimasterben

Just a guess, In the process of setting up a custom aio, width on the display is exactly 10". If it fits, it would in theory be the perfect pump. Assuming it doesn't turn my tank into a whirlpool.

I see, yeah, it would be a really tight squeeze. I can let you know the exact width on Tuesday.

If it helps you, I plan to post up a video and written review on my tank thread when my pre-ordered XF-130 comes in. My Fusion 30L's display portion leaves me 1/8 of an inch of clearance on either side if run horizontally. Plus, my display holds about 20 gallons.

Other than a expected date of the end of January do we have a definitive street date yet, I've pre-ordered mine a little over a month ago and judging by your post jedi seems like you might have a jump on the info.

jedimasterben

Other than a expected date of the end of January do we have a definitive street date yet, I've pre-ordered mine a little over a month ago and judging by your post jedi seems like you might have a jump on the info.

Coralvue got their shipments of XF130 on Thursday and from what I understand is starting shipping them to retailers starting tomorrow, so they should start receiving them this week.

Archived