Coral Vue Hydros

Drunken Reef Thoughts

jbb

I am in the process of reworking my tank, 24x15x13 gutted/sumped IM Fusion 20. As I was having my nightly drink of choice (whiskey !!) I looked over to my junk box and said ,

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

It is often said that your base structure really doesnt matter, because soon enough it will be covered in coral , and no one will be able to see it anyway.

SO

with that in mind , what about using something like this

I WILL have areas for biological growth, but the shape of the structure itself is what got my attention.

Think it could work, or am I drinking too much

TLDR :

I wanna put corals on this ish

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good, good. Last question do you have tons of coraline algae creeping on every surface of the tank?

Not at this moment, tank is still a baby

I also have some of my best ideas while drinking whiskey.....I actually thought about doing the same thing. I say go for it!

hell_yes.jpg

Best thing to do in my opinion is allow coraline to creep up the plastic piece, since the coraline will make an excellent surface for corals to latch on to you could have an awesome looking pink coral log with a cave for some fish.

Reason to let algae grow over first is so the frag glue will stick.

also on a side note... I heard real wood in saltwater doesn't rot but takes on properties of a rock... if this is true I need to experiment.

well, it should float, and that might be an issue

It was actually purchased for that exact same thing, but never made it that far :lol:

Aw frogs are so much fun!

well, it should float, and that might be an issue

Aw frogs are so much fun!

I have some rubble than I can try to weigh it down with

attachicon.gifIMG_20141015_220154.jpg lol reminded me of my dead rabbit bones tank.

Deer bone in background next to live rock

Walking Dead Reef ?

Lol nah I found a "jerky covered" rabbit carcass and waited till all the skin rotted off, bleached in peroxide and set it up to look awesome, deer bone I found on a walk.

I have some rubble than I can try to weigh it down with

Oops, sorry for the confusion, I was referring to this:

also on a side note... I heard real wood in saltwater doesn't rot but takes on properties of a rock... if this is true I need to experiment.

Archived