Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nuvo 16 Reef in Da Hell Build Thread

Kenmak2008

Thats great, but with your growth you could probably made up the 2part by selling some frags~ ;)

Funny-good call- just put a little frag rack together!

really? on market place?

Not yet- these are part of corals that we're getting stung so there is some tissue recession. Maybe I'll put them on when they heal up and are doing better.

Not yet- these are part of corals that we're getting stung so there is some tissue recession. Maybe I'll put them on when they heal up and are doing better.

Let me know when is up man~ GLWS

Awesome tank! Quick question, how do you like the IM Minimax reactor? I've been debating one to help with GHA in my tank and naturally the Minimax caught my attention.

That's the best product that IM made in my opinion, so if you have a nano tank definitely jump into one.

Great looking tank. Love the sps in there. Keep up the awesome job.

Thanks a lot, your comment is a lot of support~

Well it is time for another update on the livestock, happen to found something I have always been looking for FLAME PRAWN GOBIES!!!

So, I got greedy and got a duo, Royal Grammes, Anemone Shrimps, Pom Pom Crab, some snails and Hermit Crabs. Here are pictures that I took while acclimating.

IMG_0804_zps1d9f1e82.jpg

Snails

IMG_0805_2_zpsacc01290.jpg

Acclimate bucket

IMG_0808_2_zps2707cbea.jpg

Duo Flame Prawn Gobies

IMG_0809_2_zps9aff5996.jpg

Anemone Shrimp

IMG_0811_2_zps734f0ff3.jpg

On hand

IMG_0813_zps9ab255b3.jpg

IMG_0816_2_zps0c9d511d.jpg

IMG_0819_2_zpsa0a38c13.jpg

Pom Pom Crab

IMG_0823_2_zpsdd642f4d.jpg

Red Sea test kits

IMG_0826_2_zps8ec6b9c6.jpgAcclimate Video

IMG_0826_2_zps8ec6b9c6.jpg

• 1 month later...
Pseudoshrub

How did the Royal Gramma do with the shrimps and snails? From my experience the Royal Gramma didn't play very nicely with my peppermint shrimp so I send him back to the LFS.

How are those flaming prawn gobies doing? Always wanted one!

They are hard to find inside my tank, barely see them lol

How did the Royal Gramma do with the shrimps and snails? From my experience the Royal Gramma didn't play very nicely with my peppermint shrimp so I send him back to the LFS.

I think they are okay~ mm....quite friendly mostly hiding inside my rock work

How's the tank doing any updates?

Hey what's up bud, after the life stock update, the tank has been going down hill man. Still in the battle with cyano lol

image_zpszspm2yp5.jpg

Trying out with ATI T5

image_zpszspm2yp5.jpg

Fun video on relationship of clownfish and sps frag

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t406/Ken_Mak/Mobile%20Uploads/th_trim.B87EA370-4A20-41E5-87C2-F424887C99C3_zpso200nvsy.mp4

Sk8n Reefer

They are hard to find inside my tank, barely see them lol

I think they are okay~ mm....quite friendly mostly hiding inside my rock work

Hey what's up bud, after the life stock update, the tank has been going down hill man. Still in the battle with cyano lolimage_zpszspm2yp5.jpg

Trying out with ATI T5image_zpszspm2yp5.jpg

Fun video on relationship of clownfish and sps fraghttp://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t406/Ken_Mak/Mobile%20Uploads/th_trim.B87EA370-4A20-41E5-87C2-F424887C99C3_zpso200nvsy.mp4http://youtu.be/PbBN2jBuEgo

Hahaha- that vid is awesome- good catch- frags still look healthy. Hard to tell from that pic though. That light looks sweet- should provide plenty of light? how's your water parameters?

Went out and got a flaming prawn goby today, because of this thread. Set up a little 5g for the little guy.

Hey 5>smaller Gallon is a good size for them, and multiple of them are okay to group together. GL

Hahaha- that vid is awesome- good catch- frags still look healthy. Hard to tell from that pic though. That light looks sweet- should provide plenty of light how's your water parameters?

LOL funny little guy man, yea is a 96W on a nuvo haha.

Parameters are okay on Cal is about 420 to 450, Alk around 10, Mag is about 1400. I realized that the Cyano out break begin when I bought a new bucket of RSP coral salt, or maybe the water shop Changes the media. Anyway I trying another water source from a local pet store, and see if it would help. Dude congrats on your rescape man

Sk8n Reefer

Hey 5>smaller Gallon is a good size for them, and multiple of them are okay to group together. GL

LOL funny little guy man, yea is a 96W on a nuvo haha.

Parameters are okay on Cal is about 420 to 450, Alk around 10, Mag is about 1400. I realized that the Cyano out break begin when I bought a new bucket of RSP coral salt, or maybe the water shop Changes the media. Anyway I trying another water source from a local pet store, and see if it would help. Dude congrats on your rescape man

96w- nice! Ya, good clean water is key- my lfs changed from Kent to reef crystals- bummed me out. I still love the Kent salt- mixes really clean and stable each time. Thanks on the rescape- it was a chore for sure but I am stoked on it!

• 2 months later...
land shark

Did your gobies ever pair up or do they stay in their own territories? I am trying to find more info on pairing these guys. I have made some progress on MOFIB but nothing definative. I go by Spikefin there.

Archived