SaltCritters.com

Petco 3.7G Cubic Pico Reef Build!

ReefMasterFlex941

ReefMasterFlex941
17 hours ago, TatorTaco said:

The curved front + the stock pump is awful since nothing is directed towards the overflow.  It simply swirls in circles over and over again.  I've thought about gutting it, then turning the tank backwards so the curve is on the backside.  However, I'm too lazy for that mess.  🙂

I do have some easy to care for freshwater plants (2) and I can see them swaying just a bit though.  

If either of you need a glass top, let me know and I can ship it if you'd cover the shipping.  It's always warm in my office so I've just taken the lid off permanently. 

Yeah I took mine off too, too much heat in the tank with it on. I like the curved front lol 😁

ReefMasterFlex941

one of the sexies didn’t make it 😥. Starting to see some diatom blooms, all parameters are in check except ammonia, reading at about .02. I won’t be adding anymore coral or livestock till this is in check. I changed my Fuge light to run 24/7 and I’ll be doing 2 50% water changes a week to help combat the ammonia and diatoms.

• Sad 1
ReefMasterFlex941

Ammonia is reading in at 0 today. All other parameters are in check. Still seeing some diatoms, but it doesn’t seem to be spreading. refugium  is back on its alternate cycle with the display, temp was getting too high running it 24/7. I haven’t started my water change schedule that I previously stated, if I see need for it I will but everything seems to be good atm. I have also lowered the intensity of the ai prime leds, I think that was a big part in the diatoms.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
ReefMasterFlex941

Took some top down pics today, fought through some Dino’s, seems to be under control at the moment. Zoas have all sprouted 3-10 new heads, my bubblegum Digi was getting too much flow and suffered rtn, I have since moved it and it is slowly coming back. I have just about given up on my cyphastrea, no matter where I put it in the tank it isn’t happy. Blasto has 11 heads now and has grown quite a bit more skeleton. Gsp is growing at least cm per week or more.

851C5AA9-39C4-4FA8-B6C2-7C31DD1E28F3.jpeg

50002F75-9423-4390-85D2-221F1EFE35F2.jpeg

619FF97D-F926-44B2-BB72-6728FA7956F8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice progress so far. I'm starting a pico with the other 3.7 from petco, the Imagitarium unit. It has been a great lil planted tank for about 2 yrs. Stripping it down and starting the build this weekend. Gonna follow this thread for some ideas

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
ReefMasterFlex941
On 12/30/2018 at 9:20 PM, Palooza said:

Could you post what modifications you did to the tank. I'm getting ready to start modifying mine and would like to see what you did and what you would change

I’m getting ready to head into work, I’ll take some pics and what not when I get home for you. I really didn’t modify it too much.