AKay3600

AKay3600's 29 Gallon Reef

AKay3600
On 11/24/2019 at 9:50 AM, DutchNanoReefer88 said:

That's a great looking tank, wonderfull to see everything growing in for the last years!

When one day a tank of me only looks half as good as this one, I would be very satisfied. 😄

Thanks! Yeah it has been fun to watch. Just keep at it and one day I'm sure you'll have a tank looking way nicer than mine! 

On 11/24/2019 at 9:54 AM, Sharbuckle said:

Your tank looks fantastic. Looks bigger than 29g! Definitely keep up the updates. 

Thanks! Really appreciate it, been a big fan of your tanks, looking forward to seeing how the new one goes!

• Thanks 1

Pjanssen
On 11/24/2019 at 10:50 AM, DutchNanoReefer88 said:

That's a great looking tank, wonderfull to see everything growing in for the last years!

When one day a tank of me only looks half as good as this one, I would be very satisfied. 😄

Haha! We are never satisfied!

• Haha 1

AKay3600

So my female clown Alice who I have had for almost 5 years hasn't eaten for 4 or 5 days. The last two she has been acting a bit odd too. First she was just swimming in the corner on the far end that she never goes on and now she's been hiding in a cave. She showed some interest in flakes and pellets but wouldn't actually eat them. She ignored the frozen last night. I've had the other clown for almost 2 years too and he's acting find as is the clown goby.

She kind of did this same thing when I added him (no QT) but isn't showing any physical signs of illness besides maaaybe heavier breathing. Parameters all check out fine: 79degrees, 1.026, less than 5 nitrate. Any ideas? Just a fish cold? 

Here is a video from the last night.

• Confused 2

AKay3600

Well she still hasn't really eaten. The only thing I've seen her eat is a tiny tiny bit of flake that happens to float right by her. No interest in frozen or pellets. She just spends all of her time in hiding really and avoids me when I approach the tank. Starting to get pretty worried.

In other news, during my last WC I took out my return pump to clean, a cheap Rio 1400 I believe. Got it all cleaned up but couldn't get it to stop rattling or work when I put it back in. Replaced it with a spare MJ1200 I got a few months ago. It's putting out more flow than the Rio and is a good bit quieter, so I guess I have a new return now.

Edit* she did eat some more flakes today and showed interest but still won't leave her cave.  Almost looks like she is having trouble catching the food too. I guess I forgot that about 2 months ago she had what I would call "popeye" in one eye for about 3 days and then it was back to normal, not sure if it's all related.

• Like 1