Innovative Marine Aquariums

macro algae tank lighting

edraniam

Right now they are the stock bulbs, (2) 10k and (2) actinic but I would like to switch 1 10k with a coral daylight and 1 actinic with a purple. That's what is in my coral tank and I like the color. The bulbs are 24 watts each I think.

Right now they are the stock bulbs, (2) 10k and (2) actinic but I would like to switch 1 10k with a coral daylight and 1 actinic with a purple. That's what is in my coral tank and I like the color. The bulbs are 24 watts each I think.

vlangel t5 neon o led?

grazie

Anyway,

One can grow macro algae with a warm white CFL, like 3 or 4 19 watts bulbs for example, for that size tank(centimeters not inches).

T5 if you want to get fancy.

brokereefer617

You can just about put anything over a macro tank pc's,cfl from your local hardware store t5 led they all work. I use a mix of pc and led. I only used that because it's what I had laying around. They best growth and color I ever had was that I used those jbj Refugium led I believe they were 1 watt led x 4. I used 3 of them in my tank and the growth was crazy but they started crapping out and I didn't feel like replacing them

Archived