ReefCleaners.org

James's Coralife BC29

jamescstein

• 1 month later...

Noticed a significant change in the appearance of my male Yahsa over the last few weeks. He's very reclusive and skittish, if I even walk into the room when he's out he ducks back into his hole. While I was feeding my wifes tank this morning I was able to snap this candid shot with my iphone from where I was sitting. The colors are bad due to the iphone and its grainy because if I had gotten up out of my seat he would have bolted.

E10C8A02-6570-4E7C-8CF1-9D6630531874.jpg

The male is the smaller/darker one on the bottom.

• Like 1

Interesting video of my female Yasha feeding either her mate or their shrimp. She's catching food from the water column and then dropping it in the entrance to their home.\

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Better photo of the Yasha pair. In a week the female has started turning darker as well. Significantly. Female is the one higher in the water.

IMG_3823.jpg

• Like 1

Added a new Tailspot Blenny (Ecsenius stigmatura) on Saturday. Still waiting for him to settle in before I try and snap a photo.

IMG_3839.jpg

New tailspot, perching on a frag off gena's grape monti

• Like 1

I just fragged it. Once they attach and heal I'll be offering them up for sale.

How are your frags doing?? i can't wait to buy one :)

Yasha babies!!!!!

That's really cool!

How are your frags doing?? i can't wait to buy one :)

Lamnelia frags are doing well. They are all attached to rubble now. They got annoyed with me moving them so I'll take some pics tomorrow.

New additions today

Lime Green Zoa

pictures tomorrow maybe.. dip pissed them off

Green Center Blasto

Dip pissed the blasto off as well

Spider Sponge (Trikentrion flabelliforme)

4BA4ABC0-ED99-4820-9FCD-BE8642E7C6B1.jpg

Squat Lobster (Allogalathea elegans)

F1FDCEF7-0106-4AC0-B1EC-7C07EEA98791.jpg

• Like 2

Yasha babies!!!!!

None of the babies ever started eating. Of course we also left town for 2 days the day they hatched.. next time.

Bad pictures of the Lemnalia frags..

IMG_3852.jpg

Not sure what to list them for. As you can see I am not great at cutting consistent sizes. I don't think any are the same. All are attached to rubble,opening and look good. The largest is 2 inches and the smallest about 3/4"

Also too a picture of a pair of green leathers I purchased months ago.

IMG_3848.jpg

• Like 1

RIP squat lobster.

Found him being feasted on by a gorilla crab. Not sure how I didn't see kong before. Kong was twice his size.

Justice is hard in my reef. Kong is in the gorilla crab graveyard. Oh and I ripped his claws off first.

• 2 weeks later...

Yellow Fiji is settling in. Not looking very yellow. I think I need to move it up..

06A5EF89-7957-4FD8-906E-D248BFABD25B.jpg

My Spider Sponge is also settling,.. polyps are starting to open.

37DF92A7-FB1D-482D-9356-3B3A05E29E94.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Tank is just over a year old now. Hopefully I'll get a new FTS this weekend.

Spider sponge bit the dust. Melted away, guess the tank is too clean, my other sponges aren't thriving either.

It's interesting watching the chemical warfare. My Fiji leather is stronger than my Lemenalia, where they are close the lemenalia is closed. Need to move them further apart. Before the lemenalia was torturing my gregorian.

My Fiji leather also has sweeper tentacles. They are very thin and feathery, I've tried and failed to get a picture of them. I'll keep trying.

• 5 weeks later...

Well I am officially dubbing my tank a RFA killer. I am not sure what it is, My red RFA that had staked out a position high in the tank disappeared. I think the way the water circulates and the rocks are setup that it traps them in the dark and they can't get out. I haven't torn the tank apart yet looking for it. Maybe I'll do that today. This is the 5th healthy happy RFA that has just disappeared in my tank.

• 2 weeks later...
jamescstein

Posted a panoramic video FTS of the tank on the front page.

Also a new picture of my neon toadstool. You can see my lost but now found red RFA in the upper left.

844D7907-0434-44BE-8E2C-489F978347C1_1.j

jamescstein

Back in early December my Cocoa worm shed its crown. Just noticed Friday that its back. Smaller than before but seems to be happy. Glad to see that.