Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Fuge for a 7" aquarium

myfisharemean

myfisharemean

I've got a 10 gallon hex, and each wall measures a little over 7" (like 7.342342334). Could you guys measure your fuges and see if they would fit? thanks -Matt

myfisharemean

I'm gonna use 2 sides, one for skimmer, and one for fuge :), because you only really look through 3, maybe 4 sides, the others are towards my desk and wall, so I have 3 sides free really :P -Matt

Wow, 7" is going to be tough as that doesn't give you much room for anything actual IN the refugium. How wide can it be? I think the smallest refugium I have seen is 12" wide, but you could probably use an aquaclear filter as one.

myfisharemean

That was what I was thinking, and the question I was trying t ask was what was the biggest aquaclear i could fit, lol, thanks -Matt

• 2 weeks later...

forget the skimmer and go with a custom fuge that wraps around two sides of the tank. making 14". you dont need a skimmer for a 10g, properly done a fuge will be all you need.

nalbar

so what filtration did you decide on? just doing a fuge now? good luck...post some pics when you get it done! i dont think i will do a fuge. i just decided to stick the macro algae right in the main tank! its growing pretty fast! wouldn't suprise if i have to harvest by the end of this month!

Archived