What To Do

xdannyx_

OK SO I HAVE A MISSING BI-COLOR BLENNY IN A TEN GALLON, AND ALGAE ALL OVER THE SAND, THISCK FILM LAYER ITS STRINGY

Mushrooms are not even almost fully open or expanded or whatever, anenome is doing BAD featherduster hasnt come out, missing like 3 crabs. ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, ph all perfect. dont know whats going on, 130 watts light so i think lighting is good, theres a REally purous rock, makes up the whole left hand side of the rockwork and thats where the fish would always be at in his one hole, should i just toss the rock and buy more or what??

i was thinking about changeing to a mini bow 7 but i dont know if the light is good enough, its 24 inches long, dont know what to do. i dont even know if that would help, i did a 40 maybe even 50% water change and ddint fix anything

EtOH_is_good

can you give us a run down of what's in your tank. equip, inhabitants, etc. i tried looking at your previous post, but nothing talking about amount of rock, circulation ... if your filtration or flow is off than you may expect some algae growth. if they are really off you may have real problems like what you are describing. if the fish had died you may expect a spike in ammonia, nitrites or nitrrates. may be just hiding from the mess in your tank.

everything in my tank:

15 or so pounds of live rock, 130 watt pc, AC500 with baffle and surface skimmer but havent got any cheatto yet for it, feather duster, small BTA, a bunch of mushrooms on one of the little rocks, a pepp shrimp, and thats about it(and the missing bi-color). i had some carbon in the AC so im takeing that out thismorning, maybe its leaching phosphates???

i have a wallmart powerhead i think like 170 gph, maybe more i cant remember, it might be 270. a little thermometer? i think thats EVERYTHING in my tank. im gogin to test perams again when i get home today. let me know if you notice anything that could be causeing it......

it could be the carbon though, i forgot i had it in there

EtOH_is_good

two possibilities come to mind. 1) phosphate levels may be high. water changes can eventually take care of that. 2) not enough random flow. 170 is good. 270 is better + the AC500, but if the flow is always going a circle that's not so good. put another small powerhead pointed in the opposite direction or at a solid surface so that the flow is not laminar.

Archived