Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

14 hours ago, jbb_00 said:

You guys want me to do it again this year ? 

Hell ya... I did it twice in the past and plan on participating again if we do it this year. 

My fellow IM10'ers. Where do you find the most efficient place to put your powerhead is? I currently have mine under my Spinstream pointed down shooting across my back wall towards my overflow

3 hours ago, dcknipe said:

My fellow IM10'ers. Where do you find the most efficient place to put your powerhead is? I currently have mine under my Spinstream pointed down shooting across my back wall towards my overflow

No powerhead in mine, just an upgraded sicce 1.0 pump.

20 hours ago, dcknipe said:

This is exactly what mine is doing, shooting right behind the rock and sweeping most detritus to the front.. I think.

22 hours ago, dcknipe said:

Mine is there but pointing more upwards towards the surface. 

7 minutes ago, smiley28 said:

has anyone else had high temp trouble with the 10g? Mine won’t drop below 80 regardless of surrounding room temperature.

No issue with mine... I need to run a heater or it gets very cold! What lights and pumps do you use?

30 minutes ago, smiley28 said:

has anyone else had high temp trouble with the 10g? Mine won’t drop below 80 regardless of surrounding room temperature.

Mine doesn't have temp problems at all. I do have a fan on it but it almost never runs.

33 minutes ago, smiley28 said:

No temp issues here. Do you have a lid on yours? 

1 hour ago, smiley28 said:

Do you have preset heater? If you can set the temp maybe it’s not calibrated right and you need to lower it. 

What lights and pump are you using? Might be throwing too much heat in the tank. 

Using a hydra 26hd 13 inches off the water and a .5 syncra silent. My heater is a 75w neotherm which is overkill but I have pulled it out for several hours with a steady 80 reading from a inkbird thermometer. I have heard of a ton of people running the .5 syncra so I don’t think it’s the syncra but the heat coming off the hydra seems minimal. I have the hydra dialed so low there is barely any warmth inches from the light. 

1 hour ago, smiley28 said:

Also running a aqamai pump at 15-30%. I wouldn’t think those 3 major sources would be enough to heat the tank like that.

Try lowering the temp on the heater 4 degrees no matter what you have it set at. See if the temp goes down. 

• Like 1
On 10/16/2018 at 11:27 AM, smiley28 said:

Agree with @LogicalReefs to turn down the heater. What are you using for a lid, is it the stock mesh lid? What temp does the room usually run? Are you sure your thermometer is correct? Could the pump be overheating due to needing maintenance? 

IMO, the most important first question is your lid. If you are using the stock lid, you’re good and that’s not the problem, but if it’s something else that would be my primary focus. 

I’ve left the heater out and with a generic 2$ thermometer got the same reading. I swap the return every month for the last 2 months cause I got a backup for that purpose so the pump is clean. Aqamai is a little dirty due to attempting to let coralline grow. I did drop the heater temp to let it sit a few days but it’s still steady at 79.8. I’ll check it in the am before clinical tomorrow. I’ve been forgetting to check before I leave and lights are off.

On 10/16/2018 at 12:27 PM, smiley28 said:

I used to have the problem. I think the stock pump increase temp. I end up using a inkbird temp controller with fan and heater connected to it. My fan turn on often. 

On 10/16/2018 at 12:27 PM, smiley28 said:

I noticed this same thing when I added a koralia nano powerhead my temp went up I took it out and it went back down. I ordered a sicce pump and the spin stream so we’ll see how that goes 

Glad to join the Nuvo 10 club! I just recently got into the saltwater hobby about 3 months ago I do have a 55 gallon FOWLR at the moment and just recently picked up a Nuvo 10 from my LFS he gave me a pretty sweet deal and it was up and running with him for about a year and a half. Transferred real smooth to my home with no issues. All parameters checked clear after the move and letting it settle. I’ve been following multiple threads here and it’s great to see there are a lot of people willing to help out and give advice. I did my first 2 gallon water change and plan on doing the 2 gallons weekly.

This is is when I first got it home

10/13/18

F80337B6-EEB5-47CD-8289-97D7DE3CDDF5.thumb.jpeg.61bcc90027eb316d745bfef05ac35e49.jpeg

10/18/18A20288B6-C137-453F-ADEF-2E609CBD7FB6.thumb.jpeg.684b605bb60c548f7ac06f969d5a2711.jpeg

Equipment:

IM NUVO Fusion 10

IM Custom Caddy

Stock Pump

Wave Point Blade HO LED

50 watt Aqueon Heater

Filtration:

10 lbs Sand LFS gave me

9 lbs Reef Saver Rock 

3 Marine Pure spheres

Chemipure Blue

Purigen

Livestock:

2 Frostbite Clowns

1 Astrea Snails

1 Turbo Snail

1 Red Legged Hermit

2 Brittle starfish (came in tank)

Current Corals:

Torch

• Like 2
On 4/4/2015 at 10:22 PM, reefernanoman said:

Honestly if I put even the stock pump at full blast, it will overwhelm my intank media basket, so I just use it at half the slider setting and it works great like that. For extra flow and no heat transfer, I went with an MP10 like I mentioned before.

Hello, I am a new guy in the hobby. I got my self a Nuvo Fusion 10 and I recently found out that the stock return pump has an adjustable flow. I would thank you so much if you explained how to adjust the flow on this pump because I feel that the flow rate that is has right now is the minimum.