Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

1 hour ago, MrObscura said:

I'm doing a full mixed Reef with zoas, shrooms and LPS and sps. For filtration I just run some filter floss and chemipure blue. 

For flow I run an IM mighty jet return pump(326gph) with a random flow generator. 

As for lighting, I'm running the brs abs settings at 50% with 12 hours total light period. 4 hours ramp up and down with 4 hours max intensity. 

How quiet is the mighty jet?

Random Flow Generator any better than the Slip Stream?

Any way you can just post your light schedule?

I really like the Mighty Jet, not only does it have a bunch of power but it’s also controllable, and for me it’s been quiet. I run the Spin Stream, I considered switching to the RFG but was told the distance between the outlet and the front glass of an IM10 wasn’t enough to get the full benefits of the RFG. I also run a modified version of the BRS AB+ program and have found it has worked well with the Prile HD. 

Thanks for the responses.   Can somebody just post a schedule that is known to work for LPS and Zoas, or is there a thread somewhere that shows different schedules?  I mean the lights are all fairly the same height, and were all running the same tanks so there really isnt too many variables.  I saw the BRS video but running that lighting seems extreme.  Im used to running my radions on my larger tank though so that may be messing with my mind a little but this prime is def closer to the water and bottom than my radions are and im only running them at 45 percent max intensity.

4 hours ago, Fins N Fowl said:

How quiet is the mighty jet?

Random Flow Generator any better than the Slip Stream?

Any way you can just post your light schedule?

The mighty jet is very quiet and, as mentioned, nice because it's also controllable. I really appreciate the feed mode. 

As for the RFG vs slipstream, I've never used the slipstream, but considered it before going with the rfg because it has no moving parts and seemed to offer better random flow. I don't know where canned heard its not optimal in a nuvo 10. It simply spits out water in random directions and a foot is more than enough space. 12" is a pretty standard depth for many sized tanks.  If anything the tanks small size is an advantage allowing the random flow to be generated throughout the tank without the need for other pumps. If you want I can get a video tomorrow when everything is up and opened. 

And here's my schedule... 

Screenshot_20180904-041509_myAI.jpg

7 hours ago, MrObscura said:

The mighty jet is very quiet and, as mentioned, nice because it's also controllable. I really appreciate the feed mode. 

As for the RFG vs slipstream, I've never used the slipstream, but considered it before going with the rfg because it has no moving parts and seemed to offer better random flow. I don't know where canned heard its not optimal in a nuvo 10. It simply spits out water in random directions and a foot is more than enough space. 12" is a pretty standard depth for many sized tanks.  If anything the tanks small size is an advantage allowing the random flow to be generated throughout the tank without the need for other pumps. If you want I can get a video tomorrow when everything is up and opened. 

And here's my schedule... 

Screenshot_20180904-041509_myAI.jpg

Thanks, great info.  My MJ1200 is too loud but for now its going to work until I upgrade.

As far as the lights go I cant figure out your schedule based on the cell phone screen shot.  Sorry Im just not that computer savvy

4 hours ago, TatorTaco said:

@MrObscura, I'd certainly appreciate a video on the RFG.  The RFG & SpinStreams both have their pros/cons, but I think I'd appreciate the RFG more.  

Umm... Apperantly I can't upload an mp4 file. 

• Sad 1

Hey guys, don't mean to hijack the thread but I have several lids left over for IM 10g. I have both routed style along with ones that use clips. If anyone is interested let me know!

Routed $110 plus shipping

Clip style - $80 Plus shipping

Thanks!

Example Pics

25400077160_ddd76da26b_k.jpg

25070394314_25cc9d6bbe_k.jpg

CBA4086B-B344-47B5-B680-519B5A5074F2_zps

I’m experiencing water being siphoned up and over the tank from the IM lid clips.

I’ve read that I can resolve this by lowering the water level, but I thought I read here that someone drilled very small pinholes in the clips that resolved that too. 

Can someone help me find that?

1 hour ago, TatorTaco said:

I’m experiencing water being siphoned up and over the tank from the IM lid clips.

I’ve read that I can resolve this by lowering the water level, but I thought I read here that someone drilled very small pinholes in the clips that resolved that too. 

Can someone help me find that?

You can do that, theres a video on youtube I think you can look up - don't have the link though! I just took a hammer and nail to mine... not the sleekest look, but doesn't happen anymore 🙂

• Like 1
12 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Is it this one? This is great timing, I was just struggling with this problem after upgrading to the Jebao DCS-1200 return pump. 

So far, it seems to work!

OMG!  You're the best!   I just KNEW I had seen this problem resolved before.  

I'm terrible at DIY projects, but I think this will be a cakewalk.  

• Like 1
On 9/11/2018 at 12:04 PM, smiz said:

Hey guys, don't mean to hijack the thread but I have several lids left over for IM 10g. I have both routed style along with ones that use clips. If anyone is interested let me know!

Routed $110 plus shipping

Clip style - $80 Plus shipping

Thanks!

Example Pics

25400077160_ddd76da26b_k.jpg

25070394314_25cc9d6bbe_k.jpg

CBA4086B-B344-47B5-B680-519B5A5074F2_zps

Nice lids. Did you make these?

Just now, sm32589g said:

I meant lids. Sorry. 

Have you made any for different aquariums?

Yes in my signature is a link to my old build threads. I mad 100's. Im currently not making them any anymore though, just selling off some extra stuff!

On 3/28/2017 at 10:49 PM, teenyreef said:

When I set mine up, I found that mounting the pump upside down made it nearly silent.

I just got an Eshopps Nano Skimmer and I'm getting it set up. When teenyreef says mounting the pump upside down, do we mean with the cord up and airline tubing down, as the instructions state, or turning it around so that the cord is at the bottom and airline tubing up top? 

On 3/28/2017 at 10:49 PM, teenyreef said:

I've found the best setting is with the bottom of the skimmer cup (the bottom of the blue plate) just about even, or a hair below, the top edge of the tank.

With the cord up the water level doesn't cover the pump if the skimmer is set as high as stated here, right? Is having the pump submersed not actually that important or am I missing something?

I just put the skimmer in maybe an hour ago, so I'm sure I'm just going to need to watch and adjust, but I'm very new to this and the Eshopps directions don't seem as explanatory as I'd hoped. If anyone has any tips for getting it set up and broken in quickly on this tank I'd love to hear them! Thanks!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, lizzyann said:

I just got an Eshopps Nano Skimmer and I'm getting it set up. When teenyreef says mounting the pump upside down, do we mean with the cord up and airline tubing down, as the instructions state, or turning it around so that the cord is at the bottom and airline tubing up top? 

With the cord up the water level doesn't cover the pump if the skimmer is set as high as stated here, right? Is having the pump submersed not actually that important or am I missing something?

I just put the skimmer in maybe an hour ago, so I'm sure I'm just going to need to watch and adjust, but I'm very new to this and the Eshopps directions don't seem as explanatory as I'd hoped. If anyone has any tips for getting it set up and broken in quickly on this tank I'd love to hear them! Thanks!

Yes, airline up, power cord down.

I've also found it best to just remove the foam insert. It's intended to reduce microbubbles. But with the pump reversed I only see microbubbles for about ten minutes after first turning the skimmer on. The problem with the foam is that it clogs up which changes the flow rate through the skimmer, which changes the level you need.

With the foam in and completely clean, I have had problems putting the skimmer up high enough to avoid overflowing without uncovering the pump. With the foam out, or after the foam clogs up a bit, the skimmer needs to be lower in the water and the pump is covered.

Here's a picture of how mine is set right now:

20180926_215046.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Yes, airline up, power cord down.

I've also found it best to just remove the foam insert. It's intended to reduce microbubbles. But with the pump reversed I only see microbubbles for about ten minutes after first turning the skimmer on. The problem with the foam is that it clogs up which changes the flow rate through the skimmer, which changes the level you need.

With the foam in and completely clean, I have had problems putting the skimmer up high enough to avoid overflowing without uncovering the pump. With the foam out, or after the foam clogs up a bit, the skimmer needs to be lower in the water and the pump is covered.

Here's a picture of how mine is set right now:

20180926_215046.jpg

Omg I lloove those fish pictures so much!!!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Tamberav said:

rofl omg you still have those pics :wub: Secret santa time coming soon :biggrin:

Oh heck yeah! I love those pictures. I can't even remember what you gave me for SS that time because the pictures on the wrapping were the best part :wub:

• Like 2