SaltCritters.com

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

So After being out of the hobby for the last year or so I just purchased a Nuvo 10 to replace my custom built AIO 7.5g Deep Blue 12x12x12 cube I just set back up. Im just looking for a bit more water volume and a bigger display area. I’m cycling some live rock right now in the deep blue. I believe I’m about 3 weeks into the cycle with an 8ppm ammonia reading and .25ppm nitrites this time. Utilizing the shrimp method and MB7 with a small pc of rubble from a friends established tank. I’m planning on going SPS dominant with this tank with a low bio load 0-1 fish. I have a Sicce 1.0 return pump, 50w Finnex titatinum digital heater, Prime LED, Auto Aqua ATO, custom caddy basket, Korailia 240 ph, Reef Octopus NS-80 skimmer (debating on running it at all) Still trying to figure out exactly how to ustilize the chambers in the rear. I’m planning on upgrading to the IM MightyJet Desktop DC return pump, a IM Wavelink ph, 50w cobalt neotherm (to save space) and if I decide run a Refugium I’m definitely going to grab the IM Cheatomax Led Fuge light. I plan on adding a bit more rock once I set up the Nuvo 10. I have had several reef tanks in the past with some success.  I’ll include a current pic of the deep blue in the cycling stage. Looking forward to having lots of fun with this build. I do plan on starting a journal soon when I have a bit more time. Thanks for reading! 

AC317ADF-CE9E-4EA3-9F39-CFE28497F17B.jpeg

8E3BA8C6-C8E3-4EC6-8A31-B9CD3C1B9901.jpeg

914132F7-6D85-4B62-8586-358BC16E5869.jpeg

31E5C136-4648-4F09-9B00-BC902E92388D.jpeg

C2F5C6B0-DF25-402C-9F1C-B4719497FC0A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

In my opinion for what it's worth. A M.H would cause A LOT of heat in a 10g. I suppose if you hung it from something and had it a good distance above the water level and had a decent means to cool your water in the event it started heating up it could work. I am still a little new to this hobby though. But what I do know is MH put off some heat. 

Just started up one of these tanks over the weekend.

Nuvo 10

Sicce Syncra 0.5

MP10wes

IM Spinstream

Neo-Therm 75watt heater

Smart ATO Micro

10lbs of Marcorocks Key Largo dry rock

5lbs Caribsea Ocean Direct Natural live sand.

InTank Media Basket

Seachem Matrix

Gonna run chemipure nano after cycle

I have an old AI Nano light I could use until I get a new one unless the AI Nano would be fine. Was looking at the AI Prime HD, Nanobox Tide M, or Kessil A80 or a160. Looking to keep mostly softies and lps and maybe some monticaps

Deciding on eshopps nano skimmer, ghost skimmer, reef glass, or the aquamaxx nf-1. Or if I should do an external algae reactor. Or both. So many options. My only worry is having the water level stay consistent in my 3rd chamber.

All tips and advice are welcome. I'll post pics and start a build thread when I get home from work.

• Like 3
SURVEYMAN46123
20 hours ago, Stoops718 said:

Nuvo 10

Sicce Syncra 0.5

MP10wes

IM Spinstream

Neo-Therm 75watt heater

Smart ATO Micro

InTank Media Basket

Seachem Matrix

I have an old AI Nano light I could use until I get a new one unless the AI Nano would be fine. Was looking at the AI Prime HD, Nanobox Tide M, or Kessil A80 or a160. Looking to keep mostly softies and lps and maybe some monticaps

Deciding on eshopps nano skimmer, ghost skimmer, reef glass, or the aquamaxx nf-1. Or if I should do an external algae reactor. Or both. So many options. My only worry is having the water level stay consistent in my 3rd chamber.

All tips and advice are welcome. I'll post pics and start a build thread when I get home from work.

The return and spinstream will be enough for the corals you want to keep.   I'd be afraid to run an MP10 with those corals, but thats just my opinion.   If you are wanting to keep sps, throw that badboy in there.   I also think your AI Nano will be just right for your corals.  👍

teenyreef
On 4/30/2018 at 5:58 PM, Stoops718 said:

Nuvo 10

Sicce Syncra 0.5

MP10wes

IM Spinstream

Neo-Therm 75watt heater

Smart ATO Micro

InTank Media Basket

Seachem Matrix

Congrats and welcome to the IM10 club! I love my Eshoppes skimmer way more than the ghost, after using both. I'm not a fan of air-powered skimmers - they just don't work as well. But some people really like the look and the simplicity, so it's really up to what you personally like. I don't know much about the Aquamaxx nf-1, but another one to look at is the  Icecap K1. It's a little smaller than the Aquamaxx, and it looks like a really nice skimmer. We did find someone running one in a Lagoon 25, which has similar back chamber dimensions, so it should fit. Buy one and tell us how it works, we're dying to know :D

Stoops718
22 hours ago, SURVEYMAN46123 said:

The return and spinstream will be enough for the corals you want to keep.   I'd be afraid to run an MP10 with those corals, but thats just my opinion.   If you are wanting to keep sps, throw that badboy in there.   I also think your AI Nano will be just right for your corals.  👍

Thanks! Excited for the tank to finish it's cycle but making sure I take it slow.

14 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Congrats and welcome to the IM10 club! I love my Eshoppes skimmer way more than the ghost, after using both. I'm not a fan of air-powered skimmers - they just don't work as well. But some people really like the look and the simplicity, so it's really up to what you personally like. I don't know much about the Aquamaxx nf-1, but another one to look at is the  Icecap K1. It's a little smaller than the Aquamaxx, and it looks like a really nice skimmer. We did find someone running one in a Lagoon 25, which has similar back chamber dimensions, so it should fit. Buy one and tell us how it works, we're dying to know :D

Thanks! I'll check out the Icecap K1.

• Like 1
teenyreef
23 hours ago, DaveFason said:

OfficeFTS

Show off :lol:

Seriously, though, it looks fantastic. Who says leathers are too big for a 10g? It's working really well.

DaveFason
21 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Show off :lol:

Seriously, though, it looks fantastic. Who says leathers are too big for a 10g? It's working really well.

Thanks and only trying to compete with your elite IM10 status! This is such an easy tank. Water change when I feel like it, daily feedings and that is it! 

The one leather is ~ 10-11" now. Time will tell. 

• Like 1
teenyreef
4 minutes ago, DaveFason said:

Thanks and only trying to compete with your elite IM10 status! This is such an easy tank. Water change when I feel like it, daily feedings and that is it! 

The one leather is ~ 10-11" now. Time will tell. 

Easy is fun!

If your leather is anything like my blue kenya tree, it can probably be cut back very aggressively without harming it. 

DaveFason
16 hours ago, smiley28 said:

Dave what fish you keeping? Eh while I’m asking what inverts aswell?

I only have two clown fish in there and all I plan on. If I get a wild hair I may add 5-8 sexy shrimp. 

On 4/28/2018 at 10:48 AM, Smackers4 said:

So After being out of the hobby for the last year or so I just purchased a Nuvo 10 to replace my custom built AIO 7.5g Deep Blue 12x12x12 cube I just set back up. Im just looking for a bit more water volume and a bigger display area. I’m cycling some live rock right now in the deep blue. I believe I’m about 3 weeks into the cycle with an 8ppm ammonia reading and .25ppm nitrites this time. Utilizing the shrimp method and MB7 with a small pc of rubble from a friends established tank. I’m planning on going SPS dominant with this tank with a low bio load 0-1 fish. I have a Sicce 1.0 return pump, 50w Finnex titatinum digital heater, Prime LED, Auto Aqua ATO, custom caddy basket, Korailia 240 ph, Reef Octopus NS-80 skimmer (debating on running it at all) Still trying to figure out exactly how to ustilize the chambers in the rear. I’m planning on upgrading to the IM MightyJet Desktop DC return pump, a IM Wavelink ph, 50w cobalt neotherm (to save space) and if I decide run a Refugium I’m definitely going to grab the IM Cheatomax Led Fuge light. I plan on adding a bit more rock once I set up the Nuvo 10. I have had several reef tanks in the past with some success.  I’ll include a current pic of the deep blue in the cycling stage. Looking forward to having lots of fun with this build. I do plan on starting a journal soon when I have a bit more time. Thanks for reading! 

How are you liking the IM Wavelink? I pretty sure my MP10's wet side is about to crap out. Was thinking about the Wavelink over buying a replacement wet side.

On 5/14/2018 at 3:12 PM, Stoops718 said:

How are you liking the IM Wavelink? I pretty sure my MP10's wet side is about to crap out. Was thinking about the Wavelink over buying a replacement wet side.

Hey stoops, I haven’t picked one up yet so I couldnt tell ya. It’s on my list of wants tho along with the mighty jet. 

On 5/10/2018 at 9:02 PM, smiley28 said:

Does anyone on here use some form of uas or ats on their 10g? If so which? 

Uas? Ats? 

16 hours ago, smiley28 said:

Upflow or algae turf scrubber.

Ahhhh negatory. I haven’t looked in to those at all, I’d imagine with a tank this small exporting nutrients via water changes is probably the easiest and most efficient way to do so. 

banasophia
On 4/28/2018 at 7:48 AM, Smackers4 said:

Wow, that looks like one well endowed tank! 😯😊

• 1 month later...
coral reefer tx
On 3/14/2018 at 11:44 AM, Cannedfish said:

Anyone tryout the IM MightyJet?

Replying to an old post here,  but yes I just got one.  The DC motor is very quiet.  Much quieter than stock pump and with loads more flow.   I got the smallest 8501 model.  Adjustable flow and the Sine wave mode is nice.   

It’s in a new tank that just started cycling, so no corals yet, but it will be more than enough flow for my plans.  

• 3 weeks later...

Been running the IM fuge light I think I’ve been running it with my dragons breath for 2 months. I should have taken a reference pic when I originally placed the light and algae but just for some kind of idea here is what I grew. Also note I probably started out with less then half of what’s in this pic, and I still have plenty in the fuge. I should of weighed the algae cause it doesn’t look like much compared to my hands lol.739A9DE6-B02A-4822-9BA3-1C98CF7F564C.thumb.jpeg.3ec14a65fc07e373f7f89e5447c848e6.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I just set up Nuvo 10 system with the following specs.  I recently finished cycling and have added a couple frags of zoas and Palys.  

IM 10 Nuvo Tank

IM Spinstream nozzle

Sicce 0.5 return pump

Cobalt Neotherm 50W Heater

Tunze Osmolator Nano ATO

Jebao RW-4 (with 12V mod)

AI Prime HD

Eshopps Nano Skimmer

Neptune Apex EL controller

InTank Media Basket

Coralife Biocube Stand

7lbs liverock

10lbs live sand

I’ve taken up pretty much every square inch of space in my rear return chamber! So far everything in the tank seems happy.  I  need let the wallet recover a bit so I can buy some more corals now! 

691B84B0-029B-4F1E-82D1-413F621E64B9.jpeg

BE75B46E-6FF0-4BBC-8E5E-9BFCCFE393E3.jpeg

933A3F37-7EDB-42AE-8449-40E6646FD474.jpeg

B3AC3EBD-32ED-4134-8F6A-07AD8195990A.jpeg

• Like 3
CollegereeferB

I am getting ready to go back to college and I found this thread and decided to take a shot at the Fusion 10. It cycled in about a week using live rock from my parent’s FOWLR.

I'm still deciding on what to do next with it so far I have 

Hipargero LED light

Sicce 0.5 return pump

10lbs of sand 

7lbs pounds of live rock

Smart micro ato 

Fluval 50w heater 

EBEFE928-68AA-452E-89D3-42DB971B591F_zps

• Like 1
Russell's Reef_721
12 hours ago, CollegereeferB said:

I am getting ready to go back to college and I found this thread and decided to take a shot at the Fusion 10. It cycled in about a week using live rock from my parent’s FOWLR.

I'm still deciding on what to do next with it so far I have 

Hipargero LED light

Sicce 0.5 return pump

10lbs of sand 

7lbs pounds of live rock

Smart micro ato 

Fluval 50w heater 

Check out the VCA RFG nozzles. They hook up to your return fitting instead of a spinstream or regular return jet and will provide various flow patterns without the need for a powerhead 😎