Top Shelf Aquatics

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

Skimmer update for equipment list: Reef Glass skimmer fits beautifully in the IM 10 second chamber. Quite frankly, it would fit anywhere in the back section and even fits with my big AI Prime mount. It's still breaking in so I'll let you know if it actually skims anything. :) The other plus is that with the Denner air pump, it is absolutely silent.

71245FAD-0ED5-4505-997F-0989BF4630DF_zps

• Like 2

Skimmer update for equipment list: Reef Glass skimmer fits beautifully in the IM 10 second chamber. Quite frankly, it would fit anywhere in the back section and even fits with my big AI Prime mount. It's still breaking in so I'll let you know if it actually skims anything. :) The other plus is that with the Denner air pump, it is absolutely silent.

71245FAD-0ED5-4505-997F-0989BF4630DF_zps

Looks good. Look forward to ur progress update!

SURVEYMAN46123

If I was up and running and had the cash to spend on a new light I'd sell you mine. However the budget isn't allowing for a new light right now.

Wish you luck finding one.

I'm just about to bite the bullet and order an IM10 but read the output pump is week? What are your thoughts and or recommendation for upgrade pumps?

Also, what is the diameter of the return nozzle? I wanted to swap out the single nozzle with a Y splitter return.

On 2/15/2017 at 0:21 PM, 3s1k said:

I'm just about to bite the bullet and order an IM10 but read the output pump is week? What are your thoughts and or recommendation for upgrade pumps?

Also, what is the diameter of the return nozzle? I wanted to swap out the single nozzle with a Y splitter return.

I'm cycling with the Sicce Syncra Silent 0.5. Pumps about 185/US gph. At first I thought it was too much seeing that the rear overflow drained rather quickly, but I just added more water to the tank to balance. Personally I like a lot of turnover on a small AIO. Stock pump is kind of weak, but really depends on what kind of tank you're gonna have imo (lagoon vs high current sps reef).

Diameter of nozzle is 1/2" I believe.

One component I am not satisfied with is the Spin Stream return nozzle. Is anyone else having issues with their's being somewhat loud (I can hear the gears spinning in mine). Could be to increased return flow but says its rated for 52–600 gph.

I'm going for more of a Lagoon type setting.

I was reading some reviews on the Spin stream a lot of users were complaining it was loud for what it does. Some others complain that it would stop moving as well. How does your Spin stream sound when using the stock lower GPH pump?

Can anyone comment on the mp10 WQD, i am in the market for one for in my Nuvo fusion 10G and am curious what everyones opinions are as well as what settings you've been using on them.

Also if anyone is in the GTA, Ontario Canada I've got Two Mp40 WES for sale.

• Like 1

I have one in my IM10, it works great. I run it at 50% max in reef crest or nutrient transport mode for part of the day, and at 35% the rest of the day. 20% at night. It's a little overpowered for a 10g tank but not bad. And I don't have to worry about trying to get enough flow out of the return pump. That way I can have reasonable flow in the back chambers for carbon and gfo.

1 minute ago, teenyreef said:

I have one in my IM10, it works great. I run it at 50% max in reef crest or nutrient transport mode for part of the day, and at 35% the rest of the day. 20% at night. It's a little overpowered for a 10g tank but not bad. And I don't have to worry about trying to get enough flow out of the return pump. That way I can have reasonable flow in the back chambers for carbon and gfo.

thans for the quick response Teeny, I Upgraded my return pump to a sick 1.0 because the original one Died while i was in Europe for a month.... Unfortunately it really affected my tank. If i get this pump i might possibly have to Swap out the return again for reduced flow in the back chamber... do you think this is wise? or Would i be okay keeping it as is now.

• Like 1