Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

Added Wretched's build, a Water Maintenance section, another Flow product, and another Lighting product. I will try to get detailed measurements this week on all parts of the tank, and maybe a 3D model if I am not too slammed. Hopefully I can start building some configuration layouts soon.

• Like 1

Added Wretched's build, a Water Maintenance section, another Flow product, and another Lighting product. I will try to get detailed measurements this week on all parts of the tank, and maybe a 3D model if I am not too slammed. Hopefully I can start building some configuration layouts soon.

i remember seeing a 3d diagram of the rear section with measurements somewhere on this site, i just cant remember where

• Like 1

i remember seeing a 3d diagram of the rear section with measurements somewhere on this site, i just cant remember where

I saw one for a biocube, but I haven't seen anything for the IM10. Let me know if you find it before I make one. Thanks!

Are you all using the stock mesh screen top that comes with the tank? I am using a nanobox over the tank and can see the mesh grid on the sand which is kind of distracting.

Are you all using the stock mesh screen top that comes with the tank? I am using a nanobox over the tank and can see the mesh grid on the sand which is kind of distracting.

I'm not planning on using it, but I don't have any fish, and my snails are pretty good at staying in tank. Any body else? I can see how that pattern might be distracting.

reefernanoman

I am, since it's too risky not to use it with my YWMG. What I can tell when I put the mesh screen is that it cuts a little how much light gets to the tank with my PAR 38, but I can't tell a pattern.

Since the tank came with screen clips, I will probably use a custom-cut glass as the cover instead if concerned with the aesthetic:)

That is what I did, although I did it to cut down on evaporation... :)

• Like 1

I haven't put a screen on mine yet, but a lot of folks use black tulle fabric from Walmart or a fabric store. When it stretches out it's almost invisible.

I used to keep a glass cover on my 4g tank to avoid evaporation too. The problems I had with it were that it limited gas exchange and it raised the temperature. I had a refugium light and the tank just got too hot.

Anybody know if there is a basket for the middle chamber that would work as a fuge? I kind of want to run that whole chamber as a fuge, but I haven't seen any baskets out there. If there isn't, I guses I'll just make one, but I figured I'd check to see if anyone knew of an existing solution.

• Like 1

When I was browsing the inTank media baskets for this size, they had their basket in the middle chamber in one of the pics. Is that something you were thinking of, or did you mean a basket that took up the entirety of the middle chamber?

• Like 1

When I was browsing the inTank media baskets for this size, they had their basket in the middle chamber in one of the pics. Is that something you were thinking of, or did you mean a basket that took up the entirety of the middle chamber?

Yeah, basically I want that whole section to become a refugium. I'm not going to run a skimmer, so I am going to try to get as much nutrient export as possible out of the fuge. I doubt I'll find exactly what I'm looking for, so I'll probably just make one.

Maybe just put a piece of eggcrate at the top of the chamber to keep stuff from flowing into the third chamber? Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

i was thinking about just doing that, getting egg crate and making a little basket to hold the macro and my bag of chemi pure for my second chamber. i think i might get the 10w submersible led from intank for it.

• Like 1

i was thinking about just doing that, getting egg crate and making a little basket to hold the macro and my bag of chemi pure for my second chamber. i think i might get the 10w submersible led from intank for it.

I have that light, but it's not an LED, it's a halogen bulb, unless they are carrying something new. I tried it in my 4g tank, but it raised the temperature of the tank by 5 degrees every time I left it on overnight. With a 10g tank, hopefully it won't raise the temp as much.

That's why I built the DIY external fuge lamp on my tank.

I have that light, but it's not an LED, it's a halogen bulb, unless they are carrying something new. I tried it in my 4g tank, but it raised the temperature of the tank by 5 degrees every time I left it on overnight. With a 10g tank, hopefully it won't raise the temp as much.

That's why I built the DIY external fuge lamp on my tank.

dang your right, i just assumed it was an led. looks like ill go a different route on that one. i might just diy a led or two together and make my own

That is badass, obeythefro

Thanks! We will see how it works. It fits the chamber pretty well, now I just need to make the perfect low profile chaeto grow light for the back.

Wish granted. Here is the back of my tank with the InTank Media Basket and my Obeythefro Refugium Basket. More pics to come once I make a cool light.

DSC01257_zps92c9fea3.jpg

how much for an obeythefro fuge basket?