Innovative Marine Aquariums

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

Wow that's gorgeous, wish I could spring for that right now. Too bad I still haven't purchased an ATO, and I really want to buy the Kessil Spectral Controller. I'll definitely have to pick one up eventually!

Could you have a space toward the back for cable to have space? I have a powerhead in my display.

Thanks for the compliments! And yes unfortunately there are a few other things equipment wise that can take priority!

As for cut out;

All tops are custom made per order, so any notches or features you want to add is not an issue. Also any cutouts required are no additional cost.

Gee, thanks, smiz, now I want a custom clear top for my IM10 as well as my 4g CADLights :lol:

Seriously, though, it looks really nice and I bet it does help a lot with the light transmission.

Hi all! Here are a few quick cell phone pics of my IM 10 I've had running for a few months now. I'm really liking where it's going.
IMG_20151005_092418%202_zpstkshx6jr.jpg
IMG_20151005_124329_zpsjb0fppsh.jpg
IMG_20151005_124127_zpsakqmyuc9.jpg

Oh and one more of my Swalesi Basslet! It's my new favorite

IMG_20151005_124213_zpsjyc9mtwt.jpg

• Like 1
Bella's Reef

Well the time has come we have closed on our old home and new home and have 21 days to be out, only thing left to move is the fish tank. I am thinking this weekend or next weekend for the move and have a buddy helping me, wish me luck guys.

• Like 2
reefernanoman

Well the time has come we have closed on our old home and new home and have 21 days to be out, only thing left to move is the fish tank. I am thinking this weekend or next weekend for the move and have a buddy helping me, wish me luck guys.

Good luck! As a tip, I would use new sand. I did the mistake of using my old sand during my last move, and nuked my SPS colonies.

That sucks about the firefish, hopefully there aren't any long term issues from it jumping. I was going to make a new lid, but have an idea in mind that may take a bit longer. You could always make a DIY window screen top and make it fit more snug.

I was lucky... The firefish is fully recovered as if nothing happened. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Thanks for the compliments! And yes unfortunately there are a few other things equipment wise that can take priority!

As for cut out;

All tops are custom made per order, so any notches or features you want to add is not an issue. Also any cutouts required are no additional cost.

Hi Smiz. Special pricing for the IM 10 club members? ;)

Any IM 10 members with the Mame Skimmer? It is a little expensive ($98), so I would like to get feedback before I buy it.

Hi Smiz. Special pricing for the IM 10 club members? ;)

Any IM 10 members with the Mame Skimmer? It is a little expensive ($98), so I would like to get feedback before I buy it.

Fine you got me, $10 off for fusion 10 members!

I have this tank in my garage but my wife wont let me set another up :(. So I just look at all of your tanks and pretend they are mine :). So thanks fusion 10 members!

Anybody here with a Mame Skimmer? I'm thinking about ordering one for my IM 10, but would like to get feedback first. I read of bad experiences with the Pico Skim (height issues on the back chamber), so better make sure before ordering that Mame won't have those issues.

Also, would like to get your takes on the benefits of skimmers on nano tanks. I have 1 percula, 1 firefish, 1 yellow watchman goby, 1 blood shrimp and coral (xenia, zoas, encrusting gorgonian, small leather frag, small frogspawn, ricordeas).

Have phosbond and purigen in the media basket. Do a 1 gallon water change per week.

reefernanoman

Anybody here with a Mame Skimmer? I'm thinking about ordering one for my IM 10, but would like to get feedback first. I read of bad experiences with the Pico Skim (height issues on the back chamber), so better make sure before ordering that Mame won't have those issues.

Also, would like to get your takes on the benefits of skimmers on nano tanks. I have 1 percula, 1 firefish, 1 yellow watchman goby, 1 blood shrimp and coral (xenia, zoas, encrusting gorgonian, small leather frag, small frogspawn, ricordeas).

Have phosbond and purigen in the media basket. Do a 1 gallon water change per week.

One benefit that I have seen on skimmer vs skimerless tanks is algae control. My skimerless tank seems to grow more algae than my skimmed Fusion 10G.

One benefit that I have seen on skimmer vs skimerless tanks is algae control. My skimerless tank seems to grow more algae than my skimmed Fusion 10G.

What size is your tank with skimmer? Is it a nano?

Any of you using a Radion XR15w Pro to light your 10g fusion tank? I've seen only one thread showing that combo and the thread only lasted for a few weeks, so I don't know how that combo worked out. I know can turn down the intensity of the Radion XR15w, so it won't fry my corals. But beyond that, I'd love to know how to set it for such a small tank.

My IM Fusion 10g is about a year old now. It's lit with a Nano Box Mini Tide and I've had a lot of luck with that light on the 10g tank. I'm thinking of upgrading to a larger tank and want to play around with the Radion XR15w before actually upgrading to a 30 or 40g aquarium.

I'll keep the Fusion 10g only as a quarantine tank and won't be needing the Nano Box Mini Tide, so I'll probably sell it. But in the meantime, I'd like to know if anyone else is using a Radion with a 10g marine aquarium. If so, how is your light set up?

I use the Ghost Desk Top Skimmer on my Fusion 10g. I also use purigen and phosban (sparingly), but I also dose Alk, Calcium, and Magnesium using BRS equipment and chemicals. The combo of the skimmer, dosing, auto freshwater top off and auto fish feeder allows me to leave my tank unattended for up to 3 weeks at a time without becoming overgrown with algae or bumping up nitrates. When at home, I do a 1 gallon WC every week. But whether at home or away, my water parameters are nearly rock steady and I'm not fighting much algae with the system I'm using. -- I also tend to run my lights on the blue side which slows algae growth (but may also slow coral growth to some extent).

New to the forum and a marine newbie. Awesome forum with excellent information so thanks to all for sharing. Raised goldfish for 20 years and thought it was time to give a reef tank a shot. (see photo)

Question about sump water level... Most of the photo's I've seen show the sump water level is below the display water level but on my setup the water level is the same. Flow seems to be fine. (see photo)

Is this normal?

New setup

sump level

• Like 1

New to the forum and a marine newbie. Awesome forum with excellent information so thanks to all for sharing. Raised goldfish for 20 years and thought it was time to give a reef tank a shot. (see photo)

Question about sump water level... Most of the photo's I've seen show the sump water level is below the display water level but on my setup the water level is the same. Flow seems to be fine. (see photo)

Is this normal?

Yes that is normal. As water starts to evaporate though your sump level will drop below your display level.