SaltCritters.com

IM Nuvo Owners Needed!

LongPig

Anyone who owns an Innovative Marine Nuvo aquarium I have a few questions. What size do you have? What lighting are you using? What light mount are you using? What protein skimmer are you using? What circulation pumps/powerheads are you using? What do you like and dislike about the design? Did you make any addition/upgrades?

the only thing you're going to have to play with out of the box is the return pump vs. what media basket you choose. i am currently running stock pump with no media basket and it is working perfectly fine, others are having success with the intank baskets.

with lighting the sky is the limit, some people are using par bulbs, some are using nanobox and other high end fixtures (i have a maxspect nano).

i wouldn't hesitate buying another in the future, 10g or 20g.

Anyone who owns an Innovative Marine Nuvo aquarium I have a few questions. What size do you have? What lighting are you using? What light mount are you using? What protein skimmer are you using? What circulation pumps/powerheads are you using? What do you like and dislike about the design? Did you make any addition/upgrades?

1. I have the NUVO Fusion 20

2. Lighting: Radion XR15 pro with RMS mount

3. Replaced stock pump with Cobalt MJ1200

4. Replaced stock media baskets with iTank ones

Happy with the tank so far.

Thanks everyone. Great to hear the good reviews. What skimmers are you running?

No skimmer yet. Thinking of getting the IM ghost skimmer but I'm hearing mixed reviews.

reefernanoman
Thanks everyone. Great to hear the good reviews. What skimmers are you running?
I'm running the IM DESKTOP SKIMMER and it's working great after breaking in. It fits perfectly for fusion 10 and 20g.

No skimmer yet. Thinking of getting the IM ghost skimmer but I'm hearing mixed reviews.
It has to be given a chance to break in. For some reason some people say that it produces tons of micro bubbles even after weeks of use, but mine is 90+% micro bubble free. Great skimmate production.

if you have the room get the 20, i wish i did (even though my 10 keeps me perfectly happy)

I've been looking and just came across the 38 mini and I'm liking that one. If not I may just go for the 60.

reefernanoman

if you have the room get the 20, i wish i did (even though my 10 keeps me perfectly happy)

Then if you got the 20, then you would want the 30, then you would want the......... Lol

I actually like my 10g fusion better than my 28G Nanocube.

I have a Nuvo 8

Micmol lighting

Using the arm that came with the light

No skimmer, just water changes

Stock pump

Love the tank! It's great flow for such a small tank.

Upgraded to intank media basket

I too have two Nuvo Fusion's - a 10 and a 20:

1) running NanoBox lights over both (Tide over the 10 and a Duo over the 20) - plenty of light over each.

2) running the IM upgraded media racks - no issues noted, and a lot better than the stock ones, using just floss and carbon for now.

3) running the stock pumps on each as well - no issues noted, although I did try a MaxiJet 1200 in the 20 and it worked well enough, but was too much for the media rack and tended to overflow a bit...

4) running the desktop Ghost skimmer on each as well - broke in quick for me, relatively quiet, skims OK...

5) heating both with Cobalt Neo-Therm heaters, a 50W in the 10g and a 75W in the 20g (100W won't fit in the 20g back as it is too long).

6) ditched the OE mesh tops and replaced them with full glass tops cut by a local shop - really cuts down on evaporation...

7) using Tunze Nano Osmolators on each as well - IMO would be a necessity if using the mesh tops, and still useful for me as both tanks are in my office and alone all weekend...

Overall - really nice tanks for the money, and I always get people stopping in to look at them. I was actually very tempted to grab the Nuvo 40 over the Black Friday weekend when they were $200 off, but 9 reefs is enough!

Nuvo 8 gallon

Replaced stock pump with Cobalt MJ600

IM SpinStream nozzle

Replaced media basket with IM CustomCaddy 16

Cobalt Neo-Therm 50W heater

AI Hydra 26 lighting hung from the ceiling with AI hanging kit

AI Director

Tunze 9001 Nano skimmer

Tunze Nano ATO

Tunze Calcium dispenser

Neptune Apex Gold controller

I may have gotten a little carried away with my little tank....

reefernanoman
Nuvo 8 gallon

Replaced stock pump with Cobalt MJ600

IM SpinStream nozzle

Replaced media basket with IM CustomCaddy 16

Cobalt Neo-Therm 50W heater

AI Hydra 26 lighting hung from the ceiling with AI hanging kit

AI Director

Tunze 9001 Nano skimmer

Tunze Nano ATO

Tunze Calcium dispenser

Neptune Apex Gold controller

I may have gotten a little carried away with my little tank....

That's one fully loaded 8g nuvo tank. I like it.

• 1 year later...

Nuvo 24 with Intank media and fuge baskets, Tunze skimmer, Dual maxi jet return pumps on spin stream, 425 GPH nano power head, Maxispect 160W LED light fixture. I have a build thread in the members area. This tank is new to me, but got it used from another nanoreefer and it works great so far.

Like them so much I got two. Links in sig below equipment in each first post

Your 24 is epic btw.

1. I have the NUVO Fusion 20

2. Lighting: Radion XR15 pro with RMS mount

3. Replaced stock pump with Cobalt MJ1200

4. Replaced stock media baskets with iTank ones

Happy with the tank so far.

Do you find the Cobalt MJ1200 is too much flow for the tank? I have a RW-4 for extra flow with the stock pump, but I wouldn't mind a faster flow rate in the overflow chambers with a better pump. Did you have to modify the tubing at all for the MJ1200?

Fusion 20

AI Prime with mount

Stock pump through 1 return

Tunze 9001

Cobalt 50w upgrading to 75w

inTank Fuge basket and filter floss holder and

3 chamber media rack

Aqua Gadget Mini Reactor

MP10

Aqua Gadget flow rotator

Do you find the Cobalt MJ1200 is too much flow for the tank? I have a RW-4 for extra flow with the stock pump, but I wouldn't mind a faster flow rate in the overflow chambers with a better pump. Did you have to modify the tubing at all for the MJ1200?

Flow is perfect, not too strong and not too slow. It's just plug and play, no need to modify tubing.

Archived