Top Shelf Aquatics

Macro photo thread

birdman204

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are just plain pathetic compared to the beautiful pictures you guys are sharing... but, it's the best my 3MP Kodak can do! (These were all snapped rather casually and are in raw format)

Clown and shroom

6912100_0403nr.jpg

Shrooms

6912100_0375nr.jpg

The foram gives this one a little perspective

6912100_0350nr.jpg

Turbo snail and a 'hitchhiker' coral

6912100_0308nr2.jpg

Daisy , or "Clove polyps"

I don't believe that these have been scientifically classified, so I am using a common name, please chime in if any further info is available. These are smaller than the eraser on a pencil, for perspective. My blastomussa is peekin' in the top left corner....

4787daisypolyps.jpg

Clavularia _______ yes, but the blank is the part I am referring to.

I.E. Acropora _____ . ;)

Acropora Hyacinthus

4787hyacinthuspolyps.jpg

Originally posted by AReeferIsExpensive

cloves are clavularia sp.  

Mine are feathery looking polyps and not as many...not puffy like yours~

are your building a CA based mat, or are they more of a stolon forming type? If they are the first, you could have a tubipora sp..

Originally posted by birdman204

What kind of camera kc ?

Its an Olympus C-5060 Im still learning how to work the dang thing the camera is nice the software sucks I need to breakdown and get photoshop.

kc5qvz, I've been using Photoshop elements for about 2 months now and it has most of the features of photoshop for a fraction of the cost....

I had photoshop 5 long time ago I loved it but some how I have lost it. I need to check out Photoshop elements the stuff I have now I cant even crop worth a crap.

love the sun

This was taken in the dark by using a small flashlight to get it to focus and then using the flash... a neat effect, deep colors compared to in the light and no flash. You can tell how close I am as the flash lights up the right side more lol. I have a very simple camera and make due with it.

Archived