R0DD

IM NANO FUSION 10 New Build!

R0DD

Hey all got the itch again and wanted to build a nano so that it was easier to move being that I'm military and move every few years. Came across this NUVO 10g at my lfs and I am pretty impressed! I asked the lfs to hook me up with some water/rock/sand from his seasoned tank to jump start my cycle and everything is running so far. Had the tank up and running in minutes! I just ordered the Intank media basket as well.

post-86406-0-43930700-1416512985_thumb.jpg

post-86406-0-78340900-1416513026_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

ClaireRenee

:welcome:

I am sure you will enjoy the Nano-Reef community.

Any photos? This community loves pictures :D

R0DD

Sorry guess they didn't stick lol they should be up now, these were last night and I'm sure the tank is cleared up by now, I will post updated pics when I get home

R0DD

only issue I'm having right now is that its temp is 73.6....anyone recommend a nice nano heater?

Chas19

Great tank! I have to 10 and 20 gallon fusion love both of them. I am using the cobalt neo therm heaters in both my tanks. Using the 50w for the 10 gallon.

• Like 1

DocReef

Nice tank. I'll follow your progress. Just started my NUVO 20 as well.

JDH

I am using the cobalt neo therm heaters in both my tanks. Using the 50w for the 10 gallon.

+1

• Like 1

R0DD

Nice! I went to the store and picked up a Fluval M50....it was either that or a cheapy one that i couldn't set the temp on.....

R0DD

should i upgrade the pump with a MJ1200 for better flow? would it be too much? Ive heard that the new media basket Im getting might have a hard time with a stronger pump.

teenyreef

:welcome: Nice tank! I've got one cycling right now too. Feel free the check out my thread and compare notes.

You should be OK with the inTank. It's the upgraded IM media basket people have had trouble with.

I've thought about upgrading the pump, but instead i just removed the little flow director. Turns out that thing really constricts the flow of the pump. Also make sure it's set on full power - it can be hard to tell which setting is which just by looking at it.

R0DD

Thanks a bunch teeny, will try it out. I don't know if the flow is adequate enough yet as I have nothing in it lol but will try your suggestions for sure!

• Like 1

reefernanoman

Nice tank! Thanks for your service and welcome to the fusion 10g club! I'll be following.

• Like 2

R0DD

Thanks! Is Vortec the only powerhead/wave maker out there with motor outside of tank?

Spiderguardnano

Yup they hold a copyright for that

R0DD

Or maybe trade for it?

teenyreef

It's hard to say what you can get for it. Check realistic comparable prices on Ebay or Amazon, then list it here on NR and see what happens.

R0DD

Added 3 corals 2 fish 4 snails and a shrimp today!

post-86406-0-97367500-1416787443_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

R0DD

Will post more pics when they all open up

R0DD

Hey all I noticed a little critter on my torch coral this morning can anyone ID? Sorry for the bad iPhone pic

post-86406-0-07039800-1416846847_thumb.jpg

R0DD

did a good water change today managing not to piss anyone off but myself......so blow before you suck on the syphon huh...........mouth full of sea water tastes wonderful :wacko:

• Like 1

Normang

How do you like the IM light that comes with the tank? Can you just run the blues at night?

• Like 1

teenyreef

Looking forward to seeing everything opened up!