Innovative Marine Aquariums

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

On 11/18/2019 at 10:31 PM, second_decimal said:

Do you not run anything in the first chamber of the AIO 10g? No GFO, Chemipure or whatever in the baskets everyone uses? How about you @mitten_reef

I have an InTank caddy in the first chamber, with filter floss. I stick in a little bag of carbon once a month and pull it back out after 5-7 days to avoid pulling too much out of the water.

But I forget to pull it out about every other month. It doesn't seem to make much difference either way.

• Like 4

The tank has been doing pretty well lately, and everything has been very stable. I've been pretty good about doing weekly water changes, and everything is growing except the ricordea mushrooms. They had a bit of a setback a couple months ago and haven't really bounced back yet.

I need to cut the idaho grape moticap back again, it's covering everything up now. I'm also going to add a few new zoas from the frag tank once I get the time to scrape some off the frag plugs and glue them to some rubble rock.

Today, I also cleaned out the 30g frag tank, and while I had everything out to scrape the bottom glass, I netted the two green banded gobies that have been in there and moved them into this tank. Here's one of them:

20191124-untitled-025.jpg

Right afterwards, the other one came out too :wub:

20191124-untitled-029.jpg

• Like 17
  • Wow 1
52 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

The tank has been doing pretty well lately, and everything has been very stable. I've been pretty good about doing weekly water changes, and everything is growing except the ricordea mushrooms. They had a bit of a setback a couple months ago and haven't really bounced back yet.

I need to cut the idaho grape moticap back again, it's covering everything up now. I'm also going to add a few new zoas from the frag tank once I get the time to scrape some off the frag plugs and glue them to some rubble rock.

Today, I also cleaned out the 30g frag tank, and while I had everything out to scrape the bottom glass, I netted the two green banded gobies that have been in there and moved them into this tank. Here's one of them:

20191124-untitled-025.jpg

Right afterwards, the other one came out too :wub:

20191124-untitled-029.jpg

So cute to see them together! All mine do is fight. 😄

• Like 3
On 1/25/2019 at 1:04 AM, teenyreef said:

Well, since you asked 🙂

Oooooo...

20190123_183230.jpg

Ahhhhhhh...

20190123_183255.jpg

It's a new Ultum Nature Systems 60U that I won in the N-R Secret Santa drawing. Many thanks to @UNS for sponsoring!

The government shutdown caused customs delays which is why I'm just now receiving it. It was obviously well packed and arrived in perfect shape.

There will be a lot of work before I can set it up, though. I'm going to replace the IM10 with this tank on the desktop. But since the desk isn't built to hold a sump underneath, I'll need to redo the desk before I can do anything else. Plus the tank will have to be drilled and I'll have to buy an overflow, lights, sump, skimmer, etc., etc..  So the IM10 won't be going anywhere for a good while.

So, this is finally starting to come together. omgomgomg

I've ordered a Figi Cube overflow, a heater, and a Skimz 18" sump. For the light, I'm going to try something different, a total world domination overkill approach with a Radeon XR30 Gen 4. I've also ordered a Coral Box D300 skimmer and a Jebao DCS3000 return pump. I expect to build the cabinet and put the system together over Christmas break. I probably should start a new build thread soon... 😁

On 1/25/2019 at 1:10 AM, Tamberav said:

Awesome 🙂 I love tanks like this, ultra clear with basically no visible silicone, going to look sooo good! 

Oh it just hit me now but years ago I imported one of their stainless steel light hanging kits. It didn't even hit me till now that it is the same company. I have it only partially assembled to fit my 22g long as I bought it for my 75g but absolutely love that hanger. They make great stuff. I am hanging on to the hanger for when I go with a bigger tank again. 

Oh wow, that is just perfect for the look I want ❤️...ordered this too! 

• Like 6
  • Wow 1
32 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Oh wow, that is just perfect for the look I want ❤️...ordered this too! 

ooooo... I put mine back together correctly and its on my 80g now... still works like the day I bought it many years ago!! 

• Like 1

Picture dump time! 

Top down of the Idaho grape monticap. The next time I take a picture it will be trimmed way back. 

20191124-untitled-061.jpg

I love the color of these favites. 

20191124-untitled-060.jpg

20191124-untitled-042.jpg

The ricordea are still there but not doing as well as they have in the past. I may try spot feeding them some reef roids if they don't perk up soon. 

20191124-untitled-059.jpg

20191124-untitled-053.jpg

Bubblegum montipora ❤️

20191124-untitled-058.jpg

20191124-untitled-039.jpg

It's hard to get a good top down of the acros. Next time I'll slide the light over out of the way. This is a mix of Cali tort (green/blue) and a noname acro I got from @Zia a loooong time ago.

20191124-untitled-055.jpg

A noname cyphastrea. I'm waiting to see what it grows up to be. So far it's not very impressive 🙄

20191124-untitled-054.jpg

ASD Rainbow Favia. They lost their color in the 40g from too much light. I put them in a dark corner of this tank and they're starting to color up again. But it's really hard to get a good picture because I can't get a straight shot.

20191124-untitled-051.jpg

The frogspawn has gotten huge since I moved it to the back corner. 

20191124-untitled-046.jpg

The acans get nice colors as long as they stay partially shaded. Too much light turns them a boring orange. 

20191124-untitled-044.jpg

Utter chaos zoas, some of my favorites 😁

20191124-untitled-043.jpg

More zoas... 

20191124-untitled-041.jpg

Blasto merletties, aka "Teenyletties" 😅

20191124-untitled-040.jpg

ORA Pearlberry. You can also see the Jason Fox Brainfreeze montipora sloooowly growing in the background. 

20191124-untitled-038.jpg

Red setosa, mostly covered up by the monticap for now. 

20191124-untitled-037.jpg

It's hard to get a good picture of the blue chalice because it's so shaded. Another one that will be less shaded after I trim the monticap. It's hard to tell in this picture, but it's really pretty 😊

20191124-untitled-036.jpg

One last shot - this is the peppermint shrimp, keeping the tank aiptasia-free fingerscrossed

20191124-untitled-030.jpg

• Like 16
  • Wow 8
10 minutes ago, JBM said:

Beautiful pics as always.

When you trim that  grape monti, send me a scrap please

Sure thing, PM me to work out the details. 

1 hour ago, Matteo said:

Everything looks great. How fast do your utter chaos grow? I have 1 baby after probably two months... 

Thanks! They grow slowly, which I really like for this tank. But like any other zoa, the more polyps they get, the faster they grow. Your growth is about what I saw when I started with two polyps. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Thanks! They grow slowly, which I really like for this tank. But like any other zoa, the more polyps they get, the faster they grow. Your growth is about what I saw when I started with two polyps. 

Cool cool. I have 4 established heads and one baby. Hopefully they explode soon because there's a lot of room on the rock. And the on top of the rock is my Aussie Gold Torch so imagine that aesthetic! 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Matteo said:

Cool cool. I have 4 established heads and one baby. Hopefully they explode soon because there's a lot of room on the rock. And the on top of the rock is my Aussie Gold Torch so imagine that aesthetic! 

Edit. Looks like I have 4 babies. Maybe I'm on my way👀😁

• Like 3
16 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Oh hey, I just realized November is the five year tankiversary for this tank! Time has really flown 😁

Happy 5th year!  Looking good!

• Like 1
21 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Oh hey, I just realized November is the five year tankiversary for this tank! Time has really flown 😁

5 years old?!? WOW! Teeny, this tank is spectacular. Congrats!

Those pictures too.....:wub:    gonna need to find the drool rag...

• Like 1