inTank Media Baskets

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

49 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

We need some Doug pics! 

Did I post this one already? I can't remember, but it's worth posting twice if I did :D

20171231-untitled-205-Edit-2.jpg

• Like 8
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, teenyreef said:

Did I post this one already? I can't remember, but it's worth posting twice if I did :D

Love me some Doug!

Will he eat anything besides mysis? 

• Like 3
Just now, jack1978 said:

Love me some Doug!

Will he eat anything besides mysis? 

He eats everything. Well, anything meaty. He ignores the veggies. Kind of like me.

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

He eats everything. Well, anything meaty. He ignores the veggies. Kind of like me.

Same here.

Pellets? 

• Like 1

Doug is a real cutie!!!!:wub: i'm getting excited about setting up my tank lol. Where can I find the IM 10 fusion owner thread? I remember seeing it but can't find it now lol

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Melfy77 said:

Doug is a real cutie!!!!:wub: i'm getting excited about setting up my tank lol. Where can I find the IM 10 fusion owner thread? I remember seeing it but can't find it now lol

5 hours ago, Melfy77 said:

I should have mentioned - personally, I would wait a while before getting a toby puffer. I kept some other fish in the tank and didn't get Doug until the tank was very mature and I knew the tank could handle the bioload. He's a little on the big side for a 10g. :)

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

I should have mentioned - personally, I would wait a while before getting a toby puffer. I kept some other fish in the tank and didn't get Doug until the tank was very mature and I knew the tank could handle the bioload. He's a little on the big side for a 10g. :)

Makes sense! Anyway they don't come around often lol. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Melfy77 said:

Makes sense! Anyway they don't come around often lol. 

No they don't! I signed up for the daily email on Diver's Den and then checked in every day. It took a month or two before they got one.

6 hours ago, kimberbee said:

Does Doug eat vermetids?

I've never actually seen him eat one. But before I got him, I was always crushing vermetids and they were always creeping back if I didn't stay after them. I still had them for several months after I got him, but I haven't seen any for at least the last six months. I think he's gotten big enough to go after them before they get a chance to grow big enough for me to see them.

@StinkyBunny told me tobys eat vermetids, and judging from the lack of vermetids in my previously infested tank, I think it's true.

• Like 3
On 9/4/2018 at 4:41 AM, teenyreef said:

Damn this is a nice fish, big f eyes but a nice fish! :D

• Like 1

Hi TeentReef, curious how much KP aquatics live rock you ended up using to stock this awesome tank?  I'm also considering using their rock for my soon to be set up Nuvo 20; any feedback you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Zuma said:

Hi TeentReef, curious how much KP aquatics live rock you ended up using to stock this awesome tank?  I'm also considering using their rock for my soon to be set up Nuvo 20; any feedback you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I ordered 10 pounds of fresh live rock, shipped overnight. It was more than enough. 

2 hours ago, teenyreef said:

I ordered 10 pounds of fresh live rock, shipped overnight. It was more than enough. 

Perfect! I was thinking just 20lbs so glad to confirm 1lb/gal is about right.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Alright so my fusion 10 is up and running!! Unfortunately I had to get rid of a very big/heavy, dense piece of LR that was doing nothing but trapping detritus. I tried braking it with a hammer but failed big time lol. There was a nice hairy mushroom on it, tried everything to detach it but caused a lot of damage. So I got rid of everything.:mellow:. It sucked but at least it was a frag not a colony. Fish were not impressed, neither were the corals lol. But I LOVE the tank! Tried to put the rocks so there's flow everywhere and easy enough to clean the glass.

20180420_192943.jpg

• Like 1

New corals!!! Also I had a nice chat with my local LFS (i'm still looking for those green banded gobies lol), he's the owner and well guess what, he never heard of that specie!!! And was like whaaaaa well then allow me to introduce you to the coolest nano fish ever lol. So he's gonna talk to his supplier because he wants some!!! So there's still hope :D.

20180421_195310.jpg

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Melfy77 said:

New corals!!! Also I had a nice chat with my local LFS (i'm still looking for those green banded gobies lol), he's the owner and well guess what, he never heard of that specie!!! And was like whaaaaa well then allow me to introduce you to the coolest nano fish ever lol. So he's gonna talk to his supplier because he wants some!!! So there's still hope :D.

20180421_195310.jpg

Cool tank...you should start a thread.

• Like 4

Teentreef, how are the Mithrax crabs behaving that you put in this tank a ways back?  1 came in on my KPA live rock (he's in a holding tank for now) and I'm debating weather or not to add him to the display tank.

• Like 1
On 4/20/2018 at 8:05 PM, Melfy77 said:

Alright so my fusion 10 is up and running!! Unfortunately I had to get rid of a very big/heavy, dense piece of LR that was doing nothing but trapping detritus. I tried braking it with a hammer but failed big time lol. There was a nice hairy mushroom on it, tried everything to detach it but caused a lot of damage. So I got rid of everything.:mellow:. It sucked but at least it was a frag not a colony. Fish were not impressed, neither were the corals lol. But I LOVE the tank! Tried to put the rocks so there's flow everywhere and easy enough to clean the glass.

20180420_192943.jpg

I like the new setup! Do you have a build thread?

On 4/27/2018 at 2:13 PM, Zuma said:

Teentreef, how are the Mithrax crabs behaving that you put in this tank a ways back?  1 came in on my KPA live rock (he's in a holding tank for now) and I'm debating weather or not to add him to the display tank.

I pulled the mitrax out an returned him to the store a long time ago. He did a great job on the algae, and then he got big. I drew the line when he started pulling food out of the acans by reaching right down into their stomachs. 

I think a small one is fine and really helps with algae. But once they get bigger, the tank is just too small and they are too aggressive.

• Wow 1