Innovative Marine Aquariums

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

BostonReef

Such an impressive tank.. I’m surprised the puffer doesn’t hurt the water quality, I loved my valentini but he took giant craps worth 4 other fish.  I can’t see from the latest if he’s still in there though, and while the assesor would easily be hiding the puffers generally don’t, so maybe he’s since been re-homed.

I’m new to posting on N-R or having a nano reef, so I can’t say this post inspired me, but it’s certainly an example of what I hope to do 1/3 as well as! So I’d agree with any HOF nomination, truly an impressive tank.  And I’m sure the progression is impressive, if I had a full day to read every page on the thread.

OP, you should make a GIF of FTSes over time and show the growth, that would be really cool to see, assuming you had at least monthly pics at roughly the same angle.  Or anyone could do that I suppose.. would be awesome to see though.

• Like 3
Cannedfish
20 minutes ago, BostonReef said:

Such an impressive tank.. I’m surprised the puffer doesn’t hurt the water quality, I loved my valentini but he took giant craps worth 4 other fish.  I can’t see from the latest if he’s still in there though, and while the assesor would easily be hiding the puffers generally don’t, so maybe he’s since been re-homed.

I’m new to posting on N-R or having a nano reef, so I can’t say this post inspired me, but it’s certainly an example of what I hope to do 1/3 as well as! So I’d agree with any HOF nomination, truly an impressive tank.  And I’m sure the progression is impressive, if I had a full day to read every page on the thread.

OP, you should make a GIF of FTSes over time and show the growth, that would be really cool to see, assuming you had at least monthly pics at roughly the same angle.  Or anyone could do that I suppose.. would be awesome to see though.

Welcome to N-R!! Progression pics are on the first page (which is generally the case with tank threads). 

• Like 1
On 5/20/2018 at 1:44 PM, teenyreef said:

Wow, I've been terrible about updates this month 😞

The tank is doing fine, and I will try to get some updated pictures soon.

The only thing that's changed is I've been experimenting with using the Aqamai KPS pump I won in the Creative Container contest instead of the MP10. 

Good: it's very small and generates a reasonable amount of flow.

Bad: not nearly as much flow as the MP10, even at 100% it doesn't produce as much flow as I had the MP10 set for. Also, the software is absolutely terrible. Doesn't even work unless I go back to my old Galaxy S7 phone for wifi, and the interface is awful.

I'll probably go back to the MP10 but I'm waiting to see how the corals do. If I can make it work, it's nice to have a pump that's less obtrusive, and I could use the MP10 in one of the other tanks.

Your comment about your phone makes me laugh because I just ordered a Galaxy S7 for my new phone lol.  Tank looks fantastic as always!  If those Teenylettis ever need fragging... :wink:

• Like 1
Christopher Marks
On 5/23/2018 at 10:36 PM, teenyreef said:

2018-05-23 IM10 FTS

The new aquascape looks fantastic teenyreef!

On 5/24/2018 at 9:07 AM, Cannedfish said:

I think @Christopher Marks, in addition to the TOTM, should considering setting up a N-R Hall of Fame containing a select few of the best and most inspiring tanks. This tank (and its thread) in my opinion is the gold standard of nano tanks, and would obviously be in the induction class. In part, because of how incredible it is; in part, because of the shear influence it has had. Personally, this tank was significant in pushing me to finally making the leap towards setting up a nano reef, by not only demonstrating what is possible with a small tank but also by setting a standard of excellence for tank husbandry and care. Reading others responses show that I am not alone. 

Cheeers to that! 🍻 It's almost been two years since the original feature, there's a lot to catch up on 😊

I like this Hall of Fame idea too! The wheels are turning 🤔

• Like 5
On 5/24/2018 at 1:36 AM, teenyreef said:

2018-05-23 IM10 FTS

Can't wait for the day when my tiny teeny montis grow up and start hanging out and co mingle with my tiny Harry montis!

Looks awesome as always!

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you still have Doug? I suspect my Valentini to have eaten my peppermint shrimp 😂😂 it went missing few days ago, no body found, and water is pristine...either that or my pistol got it.

• Like 1
On 5/24/2018 at 1:36 AM, teenyreef said:

New scape! 

FTS:

2018-05-23 IM10 FTS

Top Down:

2018-05-23 IM10 Top Down

I have to say, this tank pushed me over the brink when deciding on getting back into it again or not.   Very inspirational & TOTM worthy AGAIN (has that ever happened twice to the same tank?)  Continually changing and going strong for what, 4 years? 

45 minutes ago, Melfy77 said:

Do you still have Doug? I suspect my Valentini to have eaten my peppermint shrimp 😂😂 it went missing few days ago, no body found, and water is pristine...either that or my pistol got it.

Doug is still doing great! I lost my two peppermint shrimp after they were in the tank for about six months, and I strongly suspected Doug as the culprit.

I got another one, who's been in the tank for two or three months now. But one of the two originals reappeared after being missing for a good two months, so at most I can only blame Doug for eating one of them.

For what it's worth, I've never seen him show any interest in them whatsoever. They're half as big as he is, after all 😄

9 minutes ago, Type-H20 said:

I have to say, this tank pushed me over the brink when deciding on getting back into it again or not.   Very inspirational & TOTM worthy AGAIN (has that ever happened twice to the same tank?)  Continually changing and going strong for what, 4 years? 

Thank you, it's so nice hearing from people who are inspired by tanks like these! This tank will be four years old in November, which is hard to believe. I certainly never expected it would last this long, but with such a small tank it's relatively easy to fix problems.

11 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Thank you, it's so nice hearing from people who are inspired by tanks like these! This tank will be four years old in November, which is hard to believe. I certainly never expected it would last this long, but with such a small tank it's relatively easy to fix problems.

My math is faulty, your tank is not 😋

So very true this tank is truly unbelievable!!! And you always take time to help someone, to answer a question, and most of all you stay humble and don't take your tanks for granted which I think is essential in this hobby😉 

• Like 2

Excuse me, I'm a little tipsy at the moment, but I've been catching up on your thread a bit (mainly puffers of course, I'm planning a second go at 'em with this new tank) and I concur your tank(s) is(are) brilliant.  Teeny is the man! 😄   ANd it's pretty nuts the tank is 4.  I can't imagnie having a tank that old, but then again, the 100 days tank turned 1 in May and that took me by surprise (thanks FB "remember this day").  I guess when you're staying put, that can happen.  I've moved across the country about once every two years in my marriage and we're approaching year 8.  So, there hasn't been real opportunity for a tank to grow out.  My 85 was only 9 or 10 months when I had to sell it. Hopefully, this tank(s) (the 60 gallon and the 100 days) will have the opportunity for that because I don't plan on moving again. lol  But I concur with all the fan love on this last page.  You deserve it.  😘

• Like 4

This tank is Harvard bound while the rest of us are stuck on the short bus with the window lickers. Enjoy the view from your ivory tower. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 6/2/2018 at 11:22 PM, teenyreef said:

Doug is still doing great! I lost my two peppermint shrimp after they were in the tank for about six months, and I strongly suspected Doug as the culprit.

I got another one, who's been in the tank for two or three months now. But one of the two originals reappeared after being missing for a good two months, so at most I can only blame Doug for eating one of them.

For what it's worth, I've never seen him show any interest in them whatsoever. They're half as big as he is, after all 😄

Hahaha yep sure enough the peppermint showed up yesterday, very much alive...my bad little Puffer

• Haha 1

Speaking of puffers, what are you feeding to keep his teeth ground down?  It sounds like their teeth growing long is a common problem in the aquarium where they get mostly soft food.  Yet there is very little information online about what works well for avoiding dentistry.  I'm starting to worry about buck teeth, so trying frozen krill now...

• Like 1

so...note to myself...don't forget to feed the puffer fish...

I got home this afternoon and thought I would feed the fish

Well guess I wasn't fast enough because there it was...with its very fat, fatter, belly, swimming around that poor now headless, legless and tailess peppermint shrimp...:sideeyes: you can see the remains...by the zoas

And the puffer just looks like me..saying like "what?!! I got hungry..."

20180605_160721.jpg

20180605_160733.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1
6 hours ago, holy carp said:

Speaking of puffers, what are you feeding to keep his teeth ground down?  It sounds like their teeth growing long is a common problem in the aquarium where they get mostly soft food.  Yet there is very little information online about what works well for avoiding dentistry.  I'm starting to worry about buck teeth, so trying frozen krill now...

I don't feed Doug anything special and so far he hasn't had any problems. I do have snails and I suspect he may enjoy the occasional small snail. 

2 hours ago, Melfy77 said:

so...note to myself...don't forget to feed the puffer fish...

I got home this afternoon and thought I would feed the fish

Well guess I wasn't fast enough because there it was...with its very fat, fatter, belly, swimming around that poor now headless, legless and tailess peppermint shrimp...:sideeyes: you can see the remains...by the zoas

And the puffer just looks like me..saying like "what?!! I got hungry..."

20180605_160721.jpg

20180605_160733.jpg

Lol, he looks so smug and happy :lol:

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Lol, he looks so smug and happy :lol:

Hahahaha I actually thought well good, at least I don't have to worry about its theeth for the next week for sure lol

• Haha 1

It jumped last night... 😞 found it by the tank this morning, my kids we so sad, they really liked that fish. Now all I have are those 2 stubborn clownfish refusing to care about anemones...😔

• Sad 5