inTank Media Baskets

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

Unreal! That's a scary scenario but looks like it's working out for you. Are those acans from the pack you bought from aquasd? Those are insanity, may just have to spend a couple bills and get an acan island set up in the 10. 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Those acans are soooooo pretty.  :wub:

Thanks! It's amazing how well they respond to regular feeding. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, frahny said:

Unreal! That's a scary scenario but looks like it's working out for you. Are those acans from the pack you bought from aquasd? Those are insanity, may just have to spend a couple bills and get an acan island set up in the 10. 

The acans in this tank are a mix, some came from aquasd, but not from the latest batch. Others came from the lfs and other places over the years. But the aquasd ones are the best. 

• Like 1
On 6/24/2017 at 1:22 AM, monrocks said:

Awesome tank teeny!! What brand of chemical filtration are you using and what size? thank you

Care to join our Nuvo 10 Facebook groupd guys? Its called Innovative Marine Nuvo 10 Reefers

Thanks! I used BRS Rox 0.8 carbon and BRS high capacity gfo. But right now I'm not using either, just the skimmer and some floss. I do use PhosphateRx to reduce phosphates, and I run just a little bit of NoPox through the doser. Nitrates are steady around 10, which is fine for me. I'm trying to see how the corals do with nitrates at this level, along with phosphates around 0.03.

On 6/23/2017 at 11:27 AM, Sk8n Reefer said:

Hey there, as always, great pics and tank is looking fantastic 

Scott! How are you? Thanks for dropping by :)

On 6/23/2017 at 10:54 AM, Bella's Reef said:

Looking Great as Always Teeny! 

Thanks - hope you're doing well. I need to go catch up on about a million threads...

On 6/23/2017 at 6:52 AM, Pjanssen said:

Love those zoas :wub:

Thanks, Penny, they are really doing well now. I learned from the 40g tank to keep the hair worms out of the tank, and it seems to have helped a lot.

• Like 2
On 6/23/2017 at 1:04 AM, jack1978 said:

Killer pics as always, teeny!  Sorry and congrats at the same time on the light!

Thanks, Jack! I agree, I'm looking forward to the light upgrade. After all, it's only money, right? 

USPS was supposed to deliver it on Saturday but it was delayed for no apparent reason, so it won't be here until Monday. I'll probably have to start it at a lower level so the corals can get re-acclimatized to the brighter light.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Thanks, Jack! I agree, I'm looking forward to the light upgrade. After all, it's only money, right? 

USPS was supposed to deliver it on Saturday but it was delayed for no apparent reason, so it won't be here until Monday. I'll probably have to start it at a lower level so the corals can get re-acclimatized to the brighter light.

.....its Monday.

Got your light?

• Like 1

Your acans are soooooo beautiful! So is Doug II!! :wub:

I got rid of a lot of my SPS and am planning to make my lagoon tank more softy friendly. I just wish I knew how to get my acans to color back up! 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, kimberbee said:

Your acans are soooooo beautiful! So is Doug II!! :wub:

I got rid of a lot of my SPS and am planning to make my lagoon tank more softy friendly. I just wish I knew how to get my acans to color back up! 

Thanks, Kimber!

Less is more when it comes to acans. They want relatively low lighting intensity, with a lot more blue than white. I've found the most successful acan sellers, like ASD, keep the acans around the edges of the tanks, or in special acan-only tanks with the lights turned down lower. Somewhere around 100 PAR or even less seems to be the key. I've been able to get the lights higher, but I have to do it really slowly, and even then they lose some color.

13 hours ago, jack1978 said:

.....its Monday.

Got your light?

Yes indeed!

Oh, look, it's an FTS :D

I took this one with a wider angle so you can see the new and improved longer gooseneck, now with plenty of clearance over the skimmer cup. 

2017-06-26 IM10 FTS

• Like 15
20 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Looks great, teeny!

How do you like the new color?

I really like it. I've already turned up the mints compared to the level I had the whites at, so that means more PAR without getting that washed out look that I got when the whites were turned up too much. It's funny how increasing the level of lime and mint ends up looking like the tank is whiter, but it turns out great!

• Like 1
11 hours ago, teenyreef said:

I really like it. I've already turned up the mints compared to the level I had the whites at, so that means more PAR without getting that washed out look that I got when the whites were turned up too much. It's funny how increasing the level of lime and mint ends up looking like the tank is whiter, but it turns out great!

So what do you think? Pretty amazing stuff? :D

• Like 1
13 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Less is more when it comes to acans. They want relatively low lighting intensity, with a lot more blue than white. I've found the most successful acan sellers, like ASD, keep the acans around the edges of the tanks, or in special acan-only tanks with the lights turned down lower. Somewhere around 100 PAR or even less seems to be the key. I've been able to get the lights higher, but I have to do it really slowly, and even then they lose some color.

I'll try giving them a little shade then. I had tried bumping the lights up at some point, because of all the little SPS frags in my tank, but those are gone now, so I can readjust. I have a lot of work I need to do in my tanks, but it's taken a backseat to wedding planning! :blush:

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

I'll try giving them a little shade then. I had tried bumping the lights up at some point, because of all the little SPS frags in my tank, but those are gone now, so I can readjust. I have a lot of work I need to do in my tanks, but it's taken a backseat to wedding planning! :blush:

I can totally identify with that lol. :unsure:

• Like 1
4 hours ago, kimberbee said:

Have you considered a coral bouquet instead of flowers?

5 hours ago, DaveFason said:

So what do you think? Pretty amazing stuff? :D

I really like it!I thought the colors under the Nanobox were really good already, but this improves it even more. In the fts I posted, I didn't even bother with photo mode, I just took the picture with the normal mid-day settings.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Have you considered a coral bouquet instead of flowers?

I really like it!I thought the colors under the Nanobox were really good already, but this improves it even more. In the fts I posted, I didn't even bother with photo mode, I just took the picture with the normal mid-day settings.

And pico tank centerpieces for the tables... :lol:

• Like 1
6 hours ago, kimberbee said:

My colors are coral and aqua ;)

Ha ha, that's perfect!

8 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Hmmmmm...my daughter's planning her wedding, and she has several betta fish in her apartment. Maybe she could rent a bunch of betta fish and put them in goldfish bowls on each table!

18 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

9 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Maybe she could rent a bunch of betta fish and put them in goldfish bowls on each table!

This was a legit idea my mom had when I was trying to pick centerpieces. 

• Like 1
On 6/28/2017 at 9:17 AM, kimberbee said:

This was a legit idea my mom had when I was trying to pick centerpieces. 

Hmmmm...I liked the idea, but then I started picturing drunk party guests trying to get the fish drunk or having bettafish swallowing contests and I decided maybe it's not such a great idea after all :lol:

• Like 4