Coral Vue Hydros

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

14 hours ago, josephcosta said:

Teeny, what is your flow settings for your MP10? Thank you!

I mostly run it in reef crest, lagoon, or nutrient transport mode, with the max intensity around 40%. 

• Like 1

The dendros are doing really well. I'm feeding them every day and they are loving life.

Dendros

I took a closer picture of the acans at the bottom of the picture above. Tail Spot Blenny photo bomb!

20170418-untitled-075-Edit.jpg

I really like those acans. I got them from a local vendor at the regional coral show last fall. Here's a top down view of them.

Rainbow Acans

I was worried that the light might be too high for the rainbow acans so I turned it down a bit, and reduced the peak photoperiod by an hour. But right after I fed them tonight, I noticed that the colors seem to be doing just fine :D

Rainbow Acans

• Like 15
22 hours ago, teenyreef said:

I mostly run it in reef crest, lagoon, or nutrient transport mode, with the max intensity around 40%. 

Around 40% translates to the 4th or 5th dot on the controller? I just got my MP10 today. thanks. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SABRU said:

Around 40% translates to the 4th or 5th dot on the controller? I just got my MP10 today. thanks. 

Yep, that's right! 

Christopher Marks
On 4/16/2017 at 6:21 PM, teenyreef said:

I may try moving a couple sticks in tonight just to see how they do :D

So..? :happydance:

The tank is really looking spectacular! I love the contrast that dendros bring to a tank.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

So..? :happydance:

The tank is really looking spectacular! I love the contrast that dendros bring to a tank.

Thanks, Christopher! I'm going to Disneyworld tomorow and won't be back until Sunday night, and then it's right back out of town for a few days. So it occurred to me that saddling the Tank Sitters with an experimental coral while I'm gone might be a Bad Idea.

Jealous of the vivid colors of your acans--mine's turning a drab red.  :closedeyes:  Maybe the new light is too much for it.  Enjoy your time at Disney World!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, fishfreak0114 said:

Disneyworld?!!!! omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgHave fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! It's almost a twelve hour drive so I should have plenty of time to catch up on everyone's threads :)

10 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

oooo where you staying???  I LOVE Disney World, especially Epcot.

We're staying at a Marriott flavored hotel not far from the entrances. We've always loved Disney, and we'll visit Epcot, MGM, and the Magic Kingdom over three days. My son plays in his high school marching band, and they'll be in the parade at the Magic Kingdom on Saturday. 

• Like 4
10 hours ago, J-Ranko said:

Jealous of the vivid colors of your acans--mine's turning a drab red.  :closedeyes:  Maybe the new light is too much for it.  Enjoy your time at Disney World!

I've experienced that a lot, they really need fairly low light especially at first. They also don't like a lot of white light, that will make them orange pretty quick. It took a couple months for mine to regain color after I adjusted the lighting when it happened to me. 

25 minutes ago, Mariaface said:

-saves new wallpaper-

:wub:

Thanks :) I'm always amazed at how beautiful acans can be when viewed up close from above! 

I got back from Disney at about midnight Sunday, did a quick water change on the tanks, then went out of town again for work on Monday afternoon, and then got back again late last night. I'm wiped out but the tank is doing fine. I think I'll try moving some acros in from the 40g tank frag racks tomorrow night :)

• Like 4
Nano sapiens
On 4/17/2017 at 11:38 PM, teenyreef said:

The dendros are doing really well. I'm feeding them every day and they are loving life.

Dendros

I took a closer picture of the acans at the bottom of the picture above. Tail Spot Blenny photo bomb!

20170418-untitled-075-Edit.jpg

I really like those acans. I got them from a local vendor at the regional coral show last fall. Here's a top down view of them.

Rainbow Acans

I was worried that the light might be too high for the rainbow acans so I turned it down a bit, and reduced the peak photoperiod by an hour. But right after I fed them tonight, I noticed that the colors seem to be doing just fine :D

Rainbow Acans

Let's see that all one more time :)

Dendros are looking happy and some really gorgeous top-down shots of those acans (amazing detail on that last shot!).

• Like 1
On 4/27/2017 at 6:08 AM, Nano sapiens said:

Let's see that all one more time :)

Dendros are looking happy and some really gorgeous top-down shots of those acans (amazing detail on that last shot!).

Thanks! I'm really glad that the acans are doing well again in this tank. When they started going downhill that was the biggest indicator that things just weren't right at all.

I moved some acros into the tank the other day. They've been in the tank for three days now, and nothing has died yet, so I'm encouraged :) 

I put one of the nameless ASD acros along with one of the Rainbow Tenuis Chef colonies up top, with the neon green acro from Cultivated Reef a little lower, and the ORA Peralberry a little further down, but more towards the middle. I also had a little stick of the blue digitata that I accidentally broke off from the main colony in the 40g tank, so I glued it onto one of the rocks near the back corner. If it grows, it should fill that corner nicely.

Here's an overall top down that shows everything:

2017-04-28 IM10 Top Down

Most of the close up shots I took of the new acros came out blurry for some reason, but here are a couple of them.

Rainbow Tenuis Chef:

Rainbow Tenuis Chef

ORA Pearlberry:

ORA Pearlberry

• Like 11
teenyreef
On 4/29/2017 at 7:33 PM, Reefkid88 said:

Those pink acan's are just too unreal !! 

Thanks! They really pop no matter what color the lighting is, too.

Since I glued up the acros I decided to get the May FTS while they still look good!

2017-04-30 IM10 FTS

• Like 13
On 4/6/2017 at 8:52 PM, teenyreef said:

Thanks! I'm really excited to be filling it back up again!

Welcome back Dawn, and thanks! I just hope it stays on the right track.

This afternoon the acans were all super fluffy, so that's a great sign. I took an FTS even though the dendros weren't out.

2017-04-06 IM10 FTS

Simply beautiful, especially those big puffy acans! 

I don't why this old reply post keeps coming up :-(.  Anyhoo, I wanted to say that your May FTS is so amazing, the tank looks wonderful.  I liked the close up pics too.  Good job teeny restoring this tank to its former glory!

• Like 2