Coral Vue Hydros

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Oh Roger, you should have heard me squealing and wincing with every "crunch" and snap I heard as I tried to reposition the big colonies. I am not looking forward to seeing the carnage when the light is back on the tank. It is getting low level light with my ceiling halogens at the moment.

I can't find Kobe the Royal Gramma yet. And Sam is hiding.

i know that feeling. when i upgraded (an had bigger colonies) i was fragging stuff i didn't want to. but mount those frags and make some $$$$ ;)

regardless, everything will be okay

• Like 1

All of your other tanks have been amazing! Following along

Thank you! So the Tank sitter helped me move the RSM to another wall today. "What is that slimy squid looking thing on the left"

20141111_101935.jpg

Any extra broken branches from the break down you can send to me ;) .

Did you get the new tank yet? or still being delivered?

Might make you play fetch and help out with some elbow grease to get stuff sparkling over here. How are your wall painting skills? Electrical skills? scrub old tank skills?

Tank arrives Friday. I'm very excited and also extremely nervous.

In on 4 - Upgrade looks pretty awesome. Viewing chair is absolutely necesary - I can sit at my computer desk at home and watch my tank for hours.

Oh boy page 4. When my tank was in my home office I would see it all day long it was right in front of my line of vision. This alcove is on the left side of my desk now, and because of the windows, the glare on the glass prevents me from really 'seeing' the tank during the day. I am looking forward to being able to sit with the tank. Read a book, post on the forum. I'm looking forward to this nook.

i know that feeling. when i upgraded (an had bigger colonies) i was fragging stuff i didn't want to. but mount those frags and make some $$$$ ;)

regardless, everything will be okay

fingerscrossed

NEW TITLE :

KAT'S FABULOUS UPTON REEF

sponsored by BEWBS ;)

oh and congratulations on keeping the new thread on the "reef only" track :rolleyes:

Oh you didn't think it would stay on track did you? Is it supposed to? It's all Benny's fault.

The thread title is "party". ;)

It's a strange smell for sure. :lol: Looking forward to more pictures, those colonies are super sexy.

Thank you! :wub:

• Like 2

Might make you play fetch and help out with some elbow grease to get stuff sparkling over here. How are your wall painting skills? Electrical skills? scrub old tank skills?

Tank arrives Friday. I'm very excited and also extremely nervous.

For frags, we can work something out :lol: .

Man that's a long time, i wouldn't be able to sit still waiting for it!

• Like 1

For frags, we can work something out :lol: .

Man that's a long time, i wouldn't be able to sit still waiting for it!

:)

I started talking to CAD in the middle of September. I placed a formal order on 9/30. It was going to take 2-3 weeks for them to do my custom work. I was going to be travelling by then so I asked them to delay the tank till the week of Oct 27th. Then my dad decided to visit unexpectedly that same week so I asked CAD to hold it till this week.

This extra 2 week delay has been excruciating. However it worked out well. While dad was here I could not do any of the prep work. He saw the PVC pipes and things arriving and he was curious but I just stored everything away. Got the big brutes yesterday, moved the tank today. Waiting for my handyman to move the outlets, then I paint this wall. New floor mat and I am ready!

• Like 1

:)

I started talking to CAD in the middle of September. I placed a formal order on 9/30. It was going to take 2-3 weeks for them to do my custom work. I was going to be travelling by then so I asked them to delay the tank till the week of Oct 27th. Then my dad decided to visit unexpectedly that same week so I asked CAD to hold it till this week.

This extra 2 week delay has been excruciating. However it worked out well. While dad was here I could not do any of the prep work. He saw the PVC pipes and things arriving and he was curious but I just stored everything away. Got the big brutes yesterday, moved the tank today. Waiting for my handyman to move the outlets, then I paint this wall. New floor mat and I am ready!

Sounds like a plan. Cant wait to see it done.

• Like 1
jedimaster1138

The sump is running independently because of Sam, Pete and Mantis. I did not hook it back up to the display. So Now I am unsure about what to do for filtration. All the reactors and skimmer and filter sock are my security blanket. I did hook up the reactor to deal with the slime and chemical warfare that is going on.

Display is running like the original RSM was designed to run, a self contained AIO. except I no longer have the stock skimmer and there is no mechanical filtration going on. That is worrisome. Plenty of people just use live rock for filtration and I won't be feeding this tank like I do normally. But I'm worried. I always worry.

Flow is compromised as the two MP10s are offline till I can remove the electrical cabinet and get the controllers out. Same with the light, it is offline. The top shelf which is to be it's own island in the new tank is so big and heavy! It would not fit in the bucket so I had to put it in the 20G brute. :blink:

Take it from someone who thought their upgrade would be quick and didn't set everything up for the old tank in the new spot - reconnect EVERYTHING and dig in for a long time in that tank. Think of it just as moving the tank to a new spot. However long you think it's going to take to move everything out of that tank into the new one....quadruple it. I thought it would be 2 weeks max. It was close to 6.

There WILL be further delays setting up - and even getting the new tank.

You want to be able to take your time setting it up too, especially aquascape.

STUFF happens...

...work can get in the way.

...the weather.

...you could catch a sniffle and not want to play in the tank.

... Kate Upton could come over and want to take you to the beach in Ibiza for a week.

100000 billion other unanticipated things.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

• Like 3

MP10's are back on. Working on the light next.

Take it from someone who thought their upgrade would be quick and didn't set everything up for the old tank in the new spot - reconnect EVERYTHING and dig in for a long time in that tank. Think of it just as moving the tank to a new spot. However long you think it's going to take to move everything out of that tank into the new one....quadruple it. I thought it would be 2 weeks max. It was close to 6.

There WILL be further delays setting up - and even getting the new tank.

You want to be able to take your time setting it up too, especially aquascape.

STUFF happens...

...work can get in the way.

...the weather.

...you could catch a sniffle and not want to play in the tank.

... Kate Upton could come over and want to take you to the beach in Ibiza for a week.

100000 billion other unanticipated things.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

You're quite right. The fuge is nasty and needs a very good cleaning, so I made it stand alone as i was not ready to tear it down. I think I might plumb it back to the display tomorrow but the rocks that are in the bucket stay in the bucket.