Coral Vue Hydros

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Beautiful pics kitty! What camera you using?

:wub:

Why do I post hearts when you visit. :slap: i'm almost certain all the dudes want to post hearts when you visit also but us ladies can get away with it.

The camera is an old Canon EOS 20D, a classic is what I'm told. Had a pancake lens and now I got the kit lens. I'm so happy to get pictures that look real, you know, they don't have to be epic but I can see stuff now. Lol.

• Like 3

Why do I post hearts when you visit. :slap: i'm almost certain all the dudes want to post hearts when you visit also but us ladies can get away with it.

The camera is an old Canon EOS 20D, a classic is what I'm told. Had a pancake lens and now I got the kit lens. I'm so happy to get pictures that look real, you know, they don't have to be epic but I can see stuff now. Lol.

I've got hearts for hype, I'm not afraid to share them. :wub:

This is now a hearts for ReHype thread!

8c8b663e56e327e9f8f1d0abfebe5aed.jpg

Awww shucks thanks :blush: You know I feel the same way about you guys :wub::wub::wub:

Your doing great with the new camera kitty. Keep it up cant wait to see more shots

Oh and I just have to say this for the record...I am very very very proud of you for sticking it out with this tank when things werent looking so great. Your dedication and resilience as a reefer is to be admired and emulated. The tank looks absolutely beautiful and healthy -_-

• Like 4

That GD Setosa! I'm still jelly....I picked one up from someone local, it's a great orange but not red like that!

It's a pretty color for sure but not really red, a really deep orange. Shows up red in dark photos with blue light on.

So! you ready for the next live podcast?? :)

JavaJacketOC

It's a pretty color for sure but not really red, a really deep orange. Shows up red in dark photos with blue light on.

So! you ready for the next live podcast?? :)

Ahh ok, might not be too far off from what I have then. I would call my setosa more of the standard safety orange color...I'm gonna need a frag of yours at some point along with a frag of the "Katiyagy" :D. I will probably be upgrading my tank in the near future if I can get my hands on a size and shape that will works for me, so I will actually have room.

I am ready, what's the topic for the next live podcast? I shan't be having a glass of red this time, it turns me into a real Chatty Cathy :happy:

Ahh ok, might not be too far off from what I have then. I would call my setosa more of the standard safety orange color...I'm gonna need a frag of yours at some point along with a frag of the "Katiyagy" :D. I will probably be upgrading my tank in the near future if I can get my hands on a size and shape that will works for me, so I will actually have room.

I am ready, what's the topic for the next live podcast? I shan't be having a glass of red this time, it turns me into a real Chatty Cathy :happy:

Who should be our next guest on the podcast - you tell me?

As for the Kittiyagi - :( it's having a rough time this week. Seems to have gotten a bacterial infection. I've had to cut some bits off. Gave it a bath today, we shall see.

JavaJacketOC

Who should be our next guest on the podcast - you tell me?

As for the Kittiyagi - :( it's having a rough time this week. Seems to have gotten a bacterial infection. I've had to cut some bits off. Gave it a bath today, we shall see.

No Bueno about the Kittiyagi, I'm sure it'll be fine fingerscrossed

Selfishly, I would like to hear about current tank design trends and what we expect to see in the future, any "new" designs. I don't know who would be best to talk about that topic though. As I'm looking to upgrade I've been doing a lot of research and I've asked myself a lot of the following questions:

1. Cubes were the all the rage but it now seems like a lot of tanks are trending back towards a rectangular design (I know I'm over my cube, lol) but with even or similar width/height dimensions, what are some of the other emerging trends?
  2. Rimless designs still remain very popular, when should some choose a eurobrace for stability (overall capacity? height?, etc.)?
  3. How do Acrylic designs compare to Starfire tank designs? Clarity, overall strength, benefits and drawbacks of each, cost comparison, etc. I'm sure a lot of this is personal preference and I've seen several threads about it but would be interested to hear the perspective from someone who builds both glass and acrylic tanks.
    • Since most acrylic designs require thicker acrylic due to potential bowing, which can substantially increase the price, how do you make a eurobrace look good on an acrylic tank?
  4. Stands - What makes a stand last? What should you look for when buying a mass produced stand? When should you choose real wood over something manufactured?
  • Like 2

Kat, I would be really sad if you lost Kittiyagi. I would have to ship you back my frag.

:wub: thank you Boggers, I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. I asked Mike Paletta for advice, he said to keep temperature 77 or under, and to dip or swab with lugols. I already gave it a bath today with melafix marine which has tea tree oil and works on bacterial infections, also in the bath was Dr Tims eco balance which helps with vibrio. Tomorrow is the earliest I can attempt lugols. Hope it stays alive till then.

In other news. The gorgonian that came with commensal baby brittle starfish also seems to have a baby BASKET STAR ON IT!

:o

omgomgomg

It's too tiny so getting a picture has been difficult. But I searched the internet for a look-alike and this is it

image.jpeg?imageId=49958

P-000206-juvenile-basket-starfish-sea-fa

• Like 9