Cultivated Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

IMG_2172.JPG

Sorry I didn't have time to help you with this the other day, but I've got a few minutes today. I suspect there's some shenanigans with the metering or you've got a minimum shutter speed set on the camera. I'm glancing quickly through the manual and I'm not seeing that your camera has that setting.

In the red rectangle on the left of this picture, is the bar in the center like it shows or is it moved to the left?

If it's to the left, hold the circled button and turn the wheel on top till it moves back to the center and this will fix your issue.

Also, what Iso are you shooting at? It is displayed to the right of the red rectangle in the picture above.

My camera looks different than that screen shot - it's an old camera - but yes the exposure thing is in the middle.

ISO 800

5.6 aperture

your pictures are now on a rotation as my wallpaper on my little macbook air.

soooo beautiful! :wub:

Aww, thank you! :blush:

You have to turn your LEDs up. Crank them up to maximum while you're taking pictures. Would be super easy if you had a bluefish ;)

With all at 100% the tank is too blue in the pictures (T5s being the main culprit here but the LEDs adding to it)

meaning I'll need some WB correction or more post editing.

• Like 4
jedimasterben

With all at 100% the tank is too blue in the pictures (T5s being the main culprit here but the LEDs adding to it)

meaning I'll need some WB correction or more post editing.

Would be a good time to get Lightroom :D

IMG_2172.JPG

Forget Veggies..... :wub: Your pics are improving greatly already. Don't get discouraged because every pic doesn't turn out to be a work of art.... I shoot anywhere between 10-100 shots to get 1 I halfway like and even then I throw many of those out when they get to lightroom and I inspect them a little more then I can on camera. Just gotta keep shooting and have some fun with it :)

• Like 1

Does anybody else find Ms Saltwater tank entertaining? This video is especially so.

She speaks one carefully memorized sentence, sloooowly. They cut. shoot the next sentence. Cut. Shoot. Stitch it all together and voila.

• Like 1

JPG and auto white balance is doing better than my RAW and lightroom.

Can you tell me exactly what bulbs you are running and the settings of your LED lights (channel brightness) please. Thread search is failing me. I want to know normal settings, not setting for taking photos. :)

JPG and auto white balance is doing better than my RAW and lightroom.

Can you tell me exactly what bulbs you are running and the settings of your LED lights (channel brightness) please. Thread search is failing me. I want to know normal settings, not setting for taking photos. :)

:huh:

2 B+ 1C+ 1P+

LEDs Ch1 200 Ch2 225 Ch3 110 Ch4 200

The fish photos were under normal lights

:huh:

2 B+ 1C+ 1P+

LEDs Ch1 200 Ch2 225 Ch3 110 Ch4 200

The fish photos were under normal lights

Ack, I forgot, custom Dave fixture. What LED's are on what channel? Sorry to pester you like this. :)

Ack, I forgot, custom Dave fixture. What LED's are on what channel? Sorry to pester you like this. :)

She has...

• Ch1 Blue + Cyan

Ch2 Royal Blue

Ch 3 Lime + white

Ch 4 UV

• T5s

-D

• Like 2