Top Shelf Aquatics

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Holy shit, those pictures, we can see your corals!

Fantastic!

And about damn time.

Good morning from the reef :)

Click to enlarge

IMG_2102.JPG

Pagequote my favorite.

• Like 5

Yea, there are a few with the reflection, I'm still working on it.

You want my bag of veggies eh?

I didn't notice it at all in any of the ones you showed :) It will take a little time but you will get it down and not have it in any soon I'm sure. Pics, and corals are looking great :)

• Like 1

Top down shots can be addicting. More! How much photo editing do you do, or are you taking the JPG files from the camera?

I'm not yet sure how to make it work Mark. :( I took about 50 photos and barely 15-20 came out okay. By okay I mean with light. The others were dark - couldn't see anything, in some cases just outline of corals. TS says there isn't enough light reaching the lens. He is the one that adjusted the settings for me. I took off the tape that covered the porthole too.

So the issue is many fold. If I raise my light high enough to get under it to be able to see into the viewer of the camera, the pictures are dark/black/unusable. If I lower the light I cannot see what I am shooting or if it is in focus. My focus is auto so I'm not getting blurred images but I don't know what it will focus on - the sand or the coral or what.

I'm taking jpg files from the camera, I use picassa editor but I'm only making the exposure less, some are very bright. It's a one-click setting called "I'm feeling lucky" (:rolleyes: don't laugh) and it fixes the exposure/contrast.

I haven't yet used lightroom for these. First step is being able to actually take photos that show anything other than darkness.

The pictures you see are all mostly with the camera at an angle, not perfectly squarely top down.

IMG_2099.JPG

• Like 6

What white balance are you using? Auto or did you set it with a white card?

AWB

You have to turn your LEDs up. Crank them up to maximum while you're taking pictures. Would be super easy if you had a bluefish ;)

Yes, he said so. So I just did a manual 100% on them and took some picture. Downloading now.

• Like 1

Sorry I didn't have time to help you with this the other day, but I've got a few minutes today. I suspect there's some shenanigans with the metering or you've got a minimum shutter speed set on the camera. I'm glancing quickly through the manual and I'm not seeing that your camera has that setting.

In the red rectangle on the left of this picture, is the bar in the center like it shows or is it moved to the left?

6033028082_5571f46ede_o.jpg

If it's to the left, hold the circled button and turn the wheel on top till it moves back to the center and this will fix your issue.

Also, what Iso are you shooting at? It is displayed to the right of the red rectangle in the picture above.