Innovative Marine Aquariums

small mod help?

AReeferIsExpensive

AReeferIsExpensive

My aquafuge has been up and running for quite some time,. BUT.....

On the side where the water exits, i want to take that long tube off~ It's really pissing me off! I was looking at it and it definitely looks like its possible but i cant tell how its hooked on, theres a washer looking piece of plastic...does it spin? i dunno, i just dont want to tamper w/ something i dont understand while its up and running.

Can i somehow remove this tube while it's still hooked up on to my tank and has some h2o in it? =/

Take the fuge off....drain it.....the "tank side" elbow will "spin" off. You can then hacksaw the tube or whatever you want

AReeferIsExpensive

I was hoping to figure out a way without having to drain the fuge Let me add that the fuge is not "hanging" on my tank like its supposed to, its held up by boards on a shelf, therefore there is a 1-2cm gap between the inlet/outlet and my main tank's rim. In saying that,

Is there any way i can get that long tube in the fuge's exit to come off without moving the fuge itself? You said hacksaw...so does this mean that there's no way its spinning off or can be taken off with out using some sort of saw? I was afraid i would pull it off somehow and then the outlet would fall off, these arent connected or supporting eachother in any way, right? I wish i understood how they put together this part of the fuge.......it would be a lot easier

god i wish i did this b4 it was set up~ lol

http://www.cpraquatic.com/support/tech%20d.../diagram-af.gif

AReeferIsExpensive

***bump*** i forgot all about this thread cause it got pushed down but im still curious if anyone else has done it another way~

• 1 month later...

the out let pipe in the aquafuge will come right out, all you need to do is pull it out, you may have to use a screw driver. The water level in the last section will be level with the bottom of the outlet.

Archived