Pod Your Reef

Presenting my aiptasia solution:

Funkymonkey

Funkymonkey

My 1cc syringes of boiling water was cooling too quickly. The water was only warm by the time I injected it. Solution? Get a 3cc syringe and insulate the heck out of it!

attachment.php?attachmentid=2570

soup_er_man

Why don't you just buy some Joe's Juice? That kills aiptasia in about 37 seconds and wont harm anything else in your tank!! Here is a contact number for them 203-824-1854.

Soup

schaferfred

Boiling water = free solution to problem. Why buy something that is not absolutely needed if there is a FREE alternative. Plus Joe's juice has not always worked long term for some here.

Sorry, Joes Juice can RUIN a tank. I have seen it happen. I would NOT reccomend it to anyone.

My solution, 1 mL of vodka. Works everytime.

I just received my bottle of Joe's Juice by mail. AMAZING! In less than 1 minute after application, each aiptasia was very much deceased. I've managed to knock out about 1/2 dozen so far. R.I.P.

soup_er_man

Never had a problem with Joes ruining a tank. Even deliberately fed it to some button polyps to see what would happen. The only thing that died was the aiptasia. I doubt that is what ruined any tanks.

Soup

soup_er_man
Originally posted by jmt

Sorry, Joes Juice can RUIN a tank.  I have seen it happen.  I would NOT reccomend it to anyone.

My solution, 1 mL of vodka.  Works everytime.

Maybe you had too much "juice" and got your whole tank liquored up!! jk

Soup

bravoreefer

JMT, that vodka cost money pal, I would recommend some Skoal Vodka for aiptasia.

1mL for me, 1mL for Aiptasia

I don't think this is working, what about you Appy?

J/J

Could just buy a peppermint shrimp to comtrol it too?

Archived