Cultivated Reef

TeenyReef's 4g PicoParadise

teenyreef

Wow, that's really great to hear! Please let me know when you start your build thread, I'd love to follow along.

I've wondered why there aren't more pico or nano display tanks at the LFS, I agree that it could get more people into reefing. But I think the argument against it is that unless you really do your research first, making a pico or small nano a customer's first tank is likely to end in failure. A bigger tank is actually a lot easier to work with because the water is so much more stable. I think that's why tanks like the 29g Biocube remain popular, they hit a sweet spot between "small enough to be cheap and easy to take care of", and "big enough that it won't crash if more than two snails die in one week".

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AquaticEngineer
On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 11:47 AM, OldManSea said:

I have lurked for a couple of years. Saltwater 40 years ago - very different then but freshwater since. I have considered setting up for a while; moving to Puget Sound has convinced me to ultimately add a coldwater reef to my several large Discus tanks and small killifish tanks........

Let me know if you need any help with the coldwater stuff ;)

Archived